Jump to content
BANGKOK
Solidpoo

How do thai guys save enough for marriage?

Recommended Posts

i know 3 thai guys that got married.. they didn't pay but only for beer for wedding, 1 guy said would pay payments, he gave 5000 baht in 4 yrs.hahahaha

the third one.. just laugh and said what ever you want, family no problem, just take care of her. and good luck

so for me i don't care where you come from. just help with the food and booze. half the village are jealous cuz their daughter don't have a falang

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, thaijoe said:

i know 3 thai guys that got married.. they didn't pay but only for beer for wedding, 1 guy said would pay payments, he gave 5000 baht in 4 yrs.hahahaha

the third one.. just laugh and said what ever you want, family no problem, just take care of her. and good luck

so for me i don't care where you come from. just help with the food and booze. half the village are jealous cuz their daughter don't have a falang

 

absolutely, my thai friends are middle class professionals and paying sinsot just doesn;t seem to happen any more, the culture has moved on. it seems only foreigners who dont really understand the culture or are being hoodwinked by their inlaws end up paying. i've dated many many thai women and neither they nor their family have ever been interested in my money.

 

 

Edited by samsensam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just for your information, one of my employees (Thai) will marry a Thai girl (nurse) engagement was 50k + 3B gold. Wedding 250k + 2B gold. Both from Isaan. Money will not return to him.


Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those same people who think you are not ponying up enough will be knocking on your door wanting to borrow money, 100% guaranteed.  Don't give a damn what they say; and, for sure don't loan them any money.  If you go down that path cut the loans off at 1000 baht or less.  When they don't repay you they can't come back later and ask for more.  If you live in Thailand you will find that 90%+ of the people who come to visit (including/especially family) are not visiting they are there looking for a handout.  As for the dowry (sinsod) those big amounts are paid by rich families not necessarily by the groom to be; and, seldom by middle class. She obviously has a good family; because, they are not asking a ridiculous amount.  The best thing to do is make them understand you are a "loso" farang. You won't be driving a Benz; and, you plan on driving a pickup for a long time.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"The answer my friend, is blowing in the wind...the answer is blowing in the wind."

Not to mention the writing is on the wall... take the time to read it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bud...sorry being played here with cultural interpretation.   Move on more where you found it.  Othewise...

 

For the life of you, will be ... the ATM..

 

Move on Bud..

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whatever the cost she probably will not be worth it, few are IMO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is surprising just how much is spent on weddings here. Been to about 3 thai/thai weddings, one pretty average (didn't really know them), two for cousins. One cousin it was about 150 people, 200,000 baht in cash and some gold. Other one was about 300 people at big hotel, not sure about the money and gold but it was a lot. All about face.

I was marrying the Pooyaiban's virgin daughter, so it wasn't cheap. Her sister got 500,000 baht from a yank plus gold, I was asked for the same, but beat it down to 300,000 baht and no gold. I did get the M-i-L's house for free, but she came with it, so that sort of cancelled out!

 

Didn't pay any of family anything, but i have settled a few debts...... they come later!

 

As for typical village Thai men, they just get the girl pregnant and then sin sot becomes nominal. Usually 2 years later they leave because wife spends all the money and none left for Lao khao and smokes. Rinse and repeat. Wife looks for new man, if poor and cannot find one soon, Pattaya calls for them .......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/26/2019 at 1:40 PM, Solidpoo said:

NO, I'm not and I'm not trolling. Is the story that ridiculous ? i mean marriages on average are expensive everywhere.  

 

I wasn't aware its on the high side, from what I've gathered (through the web) the average is about 100kbaht to 500k baht. and i still got told (250k) was on the low end.

 

Also had to take in account she's the only uni graduate in her family, so they've invested a lot in her and likely have their hopes on her. I'm pretty much taking that away (she'll follow me back after our marriage). 

I do visit her every month or every few months.

 

No way in hell I'll ever work there. Honestly could write a whole book on why.

 

Wouldn't live there either. Hot, polluted, loud, inconvenient. And i honestly believe theres something off with the water there. They've got a high gay population.

 

yeh, should've seen the trolls coming.

Still, there are some really good advice/sharing. Thanks all for that !

 

There's still no answers for qns 2, anyone?

you need to scrub all thoughts of marrying this girl---its doomed before you even start...

stop sending her money immediately... are you realy that DESPERATE  for marriage, that you need to 'buy; the girl and support her family of blood suckers...

im 68 yrs old , average looks, and have no trouble at all finding beautiful young girls in thailand who'want to marry me'...

i can give them a very good life, without giving huge sums of money to bludging family...

i wonder ?? have any of them ever worked over 100hrs per week for many many years, like i have..

you are only 20yrs old---save your money for your FUTURE, instead of subsidizing these people.

they have no respect for you...they think you are another stupid farlang, with your own money tree...

if your not a troll, as many posters suggest....your story is like a tale from fairyland...

im sure that there are many thousands of better thai girls, than the one you write about...

experience life a bit more, before you start talking 'marriage'...

getting married is totally unneccesary....

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/25/2019 at 9:10 PM, beautifulthailand99 said:

Photos please. 

We would never put pics of our girls on a public forum nor do we need to prove a point. But he's right.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, rickudon said:

It is surprising just how much is spent on weddings here. Been to about 3 thai/thai weddings, one pretty average (didn't really know them), two for cousins. One cousin it was about 150 people, 200,000 baht in cash and some gold. Other one was about 300 people at big hotel, not sure about the money and gold but it was a lot. All about face.

I was marrying the Pooyaiban's virgin daughter, so it wasn't cheap. Her sister got 500,000 baht from a yank plus gold, I was asked for the same, but beat it down to 300,000 baht and no gold. I did get the M-i-L's house for free, but she came with it, so that sort of cancelled out!

 

Didn't pay any of family anything, but i have settled a few debts...... they come later!

 

As for typical village Thai men, they just get the girl pregnant and then sin sot becomes nominal. Usually 2 years later they leave because wife spends all the money and none left for Lao khao and smokes. Rinse and repeat. Wife looks for new man, if poor and cannot find one soon, Pattaya calls for them .......

Sin sot can be presented publicly for reasons of face and then returned privately.  I am told that is what a good family does. Unless a girl is a virgin I am uncertain if sin sot is required.  i also heard its a relatively new idea linked to a Chinese dowry system. I also heard that in the old days in agricultural regions the son moved in with the family and thus provided labour.  I think sin sot is used to bilk naive farangs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

i know you think you can somehow recoup at least some of the losses in some way or another, but you cant,

the best you can do is cut your losses and get far far away from that family from hell,

the sooner the merrier so it dont ruin your entire life

Edited by brokenbone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, luk AJ said:

Just for your information, one of my employees (Thai) will marry a Thai girl (nurse) engagement was 50k + 3B gold. Wedding 250k + 2B gold. Both from Isaan. Money will not return to him.


Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

He must be very wealthy! How much will his divorce cost him I wonder? One of the most beautiful girls I had was from  massage shop on Soi 24/1. She used her money to train as a nurse but continued to work in the Massage shop. She enjoyed the sex and the extra money for luxuries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/25/2019 at 8:30 PM, NCC1701A said:

the real question is, how does a 63 year old Farang man party with girls ten times hotter than your girlfriend and two at a time for a fraction of  what you have spent?

 

and they take the trash out.

Exactly rent not buy. You know it makes sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...