Blacklisted and in custody! Lying, overstaying tourists arrested at Suvarnabhumi

webfact

Blacklisted and in custody! Lying, overstaying tourists arrested at Suvarnabhumi 

1pm.jpg
Picture: Tourist Police Bureau

The Tourist Police Bureau became suspicious after a man from Russia and his Kazakh wife went to them to say that an airline had refused to fly them to Phuket as they were not in possession of their passports. 

The couple explained to the police that their passports were in Phuket and they wanted to make a report to that effect so that the airline would allow them to board. 

They had been travelling around Thailand using a Thai driving license and a foreign driving permit for their ID, they explained. 

Rather than just accept their story Pol Maj-Gen Worapong Thongphaiboon questioned them further and it emerged that they had their passports in their bags all along. 

1pm1.jpg
Picture: Tourist Police Bureau

And they were both on overstay in Thailand of 7 months duration. 

Eugenil Turan, 33, from Russia was charged with being on overstay and making a false statement to the police.

His wife Kamlya Khairullina, 27, from Kazakhstan was just charged with overstay. 

They were both detained and will ultimately be deported and blacklisted from Thailand for 5 years. 

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-07-26

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, wendyfromoz said:

seriously whats with the big board and large pictures of the arresting officers

Because it's quite the mafia crime family they've busted. ????

Silly for so many reasons. So easy to just walk over the border at a checkpoint. Thailand doesn't have the monopoly on beaches, sunshine, spicy food and smiles.

1 minute ago, BahnTH said:

Because it's quite the mafia crime family they've busted. ????

Silly for so many reasons. So easy to just walk over the border at a checkpoint. Thailand doesn't have the monopoly on beaches, sunshine, spicy food and smiles.

The beaches are polluted, the smiles are mainly false and the food is generally of poor quality. I will give you the sunshine. 

5 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

The beaches are polluted, the smiles are mainly false and the food is generally of poor quality. I will give you the sunshine. 

I'm getting the good food and the smiles. ???? The popular tourist beaches are shit though.

People do get it into their head that Thailand is unique and overstay because there's no where quite like Thailand. There's a lot of places a lot like Thailand, and they're all cheaper too. And hand you 3, 6 or even 12 month visas with no reporting.

These overstayers... What the hell are you doing... Sitting in some thai jail now, you could be on the beach in Da Nang sipping on a 13 Baht beer.

What's a plane ticket out the country on Air Asia, 800 to 1500 Baht? Really...

Utterly dense considering one is required to carry a passport or copy while in the kingdom. Off we go to immigration detention downtown for a couple weeks while waiting for the report from Interpol to come back before being sent home.

53 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

Well, there is stupid and there is really stupid and I think this one falls into the second bracket. Only thing left to say I guess, is Som Nam Na!

Yeah but you got to love the headlines they tout this capture with.

Yeesh I need a vacation

53 minutes ago, KC 71 said:

Why do they look so happy ?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Well either they're both as dumb as a bag of rocks or getting deported from Thailand was on their bucket list, given the grins, I suspect it was the latter.

1 hour ago, RotBenz8888 said:

How odd, usually the cops are laughing and the bad people look serious. What happened here?

1pm.jpg.7304468eb6f85b176bc011c6c3fc4fd3.jpg

I think the camera man was showing orf and said 'Smile ' in Russian and the cops did,'t get it. Or maybe they were told they could keep the cool shades.

Archived