Big Oud: I'm promoting tourism and friendly relations - and my address reporting app is easy!

webfact

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember when I thought I could do 90day report online.

Out of around 5 times it worked only one time. The other time I had to go to Immigration or via post. I stopped wasting time to even try their "apps" and websites. Mostly doesnt work anyway.

I'm not a tourist and have lived here for 25 years so know the rules. Even a 'long-term visa' requires you to get out of the country every 90 days, or travel perhaps hundred of kilometres to an immigration office to ask for permission to stay a couple of months more- at a price of course. I also can't see the point of providing them with the same information, year after year after year. But trying to find logic or reason here is like pissing in the wind. I have nothing against them stopping long-term tourists from getting the correct visa/permission to stay.
Logic and common sense don't apply in Thailand. The Thais are incredible in doing redundant processes so everyone benefits and earns a living. They purposely make things complicated so cronies benefit and happily collect more fines.

Quote “He added that it had never been easier to use immigration's improved app to make reports.”

Could you please describe in details the improvements. 

Using an App effectively does imply the total end-to-end processes including acquisition of user names and passwords requirements.

From OP comments ( and I admit I have not used the App)  sounds like the typical software rubbish served up to endusers in Thailand.

I sincerely hope I am wrong and Immigration can rollout at least one App that is user friendly and does effectively deliver persistently and reliably with full guaranteed data retention, traceable, auditing  and reporting on what its purpose was designed for.

Amen

On 7/26/2019 at 5:35 AM, zydeco said:

Been waiting for 7 weeks for approval and password for TM 30 online form. Easy to use and improved! Hah.

I tried to get a login to TM30 reporting, impossible not working get an error message in Thaionly which i cannot read.

23 hours ago, wwest5829 said:

I take your point but observe I have run into this around the globe. Where the front line employees are not empowered to make decisions outside the perimeters set by the boss. Therefore even the slightest deviation requires checking with a higher authority to get an exception to the rule. Agree, critical thinking skills are a good thing but even the brightest is stopped but an inflexible top down management style.

I've experienced the complete opposite in Thailand many, many times. Many people are empowered to break the rules, or at least bend them if they think they are silly or if it is worth their while. But, of course, one might require the nuance inherent in advanced Thai language skills to know when it is on the table. 

Rooster

Ohhh, But wait.   Most people have no idea.  But, if you are staying anywhere as a permanent address. Each and every time you check into a hotel that reports "Properly"  that over rides, and supersedes your original TM30.  Yep, found out the hard way this week.  The immigration computer had me residing at the last hotel we had stayed at on holiday. I had an opportunity to glance at the computer screen, and there were the last three hotels we had stayed at on top, and my GF's house on bottom. Had to get her out of work the next day to come down and prove her ownership of the home and re-file TM30 again. Real hassle. Real big loop hole in the immigration software. 

On 7/26/2019 at 11:02 AM, webfact said:

Keeping tabs on foreigners in Thailand was important for national security and combating international crime, he observed.

Sure. How about keeping tabs on Thais as well, in the name of combating crime and national security? And does this include shaking down tourists and visitors as and when you feel like it? Because a Malaysian friend of mine, who was hosting a few Japanese clients in Bangkok, was stopped - just now! - at a roadblock on Ratchadaphisek Road. He was body-searched, every single piece of his belongings was touched and checked. His Japanese clients were left alone, although they weren't pleased seeing how the police were so crass and all. Don't worry Thailand, I am sure as you go along, there will be less and less foreigners for you to worry about, because people are choosing to go elsewhere. Happy to see the doom and gloom in the travel industry now. Som nam na! In the not too distant future, you can have the whole place for yourselves, you lot of inbred idiots.

On 7/27/2019 at 3:37 AM, shady86 said:
On 7/26/2019 at 1:41 PM, Bangkok Barry said:

I'm not a tourist and have lived here for 25 years so know the rules. Even a 'long-term visa' requires you to get out of the country every 90 days, or travel perhaps hundred of kilometres to an immigration office to ask for permission to stay a couple of months more- at a price of course. I also can't see the point of providing them with the same information, year after year after year. But trying to find logic or reason here is like pissing in the wind. I have nothing against them stopping long-term tourists from getting the correct visa/permission to stay.

Logic and common sense don't apply in Thailand. The Thais are incredible in doing redundant processes so everyone benefits and earns a living. They purposely make things complicated so cronies benefit and happily collect more fines.

You should try the Middle East.....Or India.....makes Thailand a picnic in the park. In Saudi abd Libya Cultural and linguistic barriers were so great our company hired agents to deal with most things. Here we hire middle men/ agents ourselves. 

no idea how good app is
still waiting after 2 months for login details to be supplied.

If they want tm30 and done in 24hrs they should make it possible and pretty easy so westerner able do it easily with just documents he likely have and simple online option too .

As is due to fact most landlords not competent or willing help and many immi office not flexible it almost impossible comply 100% to the regulation fully .

Wanting addresses seems fair enough but at least make it simple apply details as thailand never works once things complicated lol.
everyone unhappy, no sanook, 24hr time frame ! impossible lol ...

7 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

You should try the Middle East.....Or India.....makes Thailand a picnic in the park. In Saudi abd Libya Cultural and linguistic barriers were so great our company hired agents to deal with most things. Here we hire middle men/ agents ourselves. 

I know, but I'm not really interested in places where I don't live, only where I do.

Archived