Big Oud: I'm promoting tourism and friendly relations - and my address reporting app is easy!

webfact

He is Acting chief and i hope he does not the the job permanently, he is doing everything possible to piss off the expats living in Thailand and says he is promoting tourism, we should all tell anyone who is thinking of visiting Thailand or wanting to live here to stay away until they get an immigration chief who knows what he is doing, this guy is an idiot.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

there is no such thing as perpetual motion...its as simple as that. They have a large number of immigration jobs to support and regardless of the technology involved they still need to maintain the levels of employment....therefore the balance must always be maintained...so when the app works if it takes 2 minutes for a thai to register your whereabouts this will have to be balanced by you performing something at the immigration  offices to maintain the employment Chi. I think 45 day reporting would be a good start..... once they have captured the fingerprints of everyone in the world and queues start to come down at the airports 30 day reporting and a bleached a hole inspection...... of which there will be a strict colour code of acceptance.....

4 minutes ago, jewell49 said:

we should all tell anyone who is thinking of visiting Thailand or wanting to live here to stay away until they get an immigration chief who knows what he is doing

And I have done so. I know that I personally have talked seven people out of coming to Thailand since the Immigration misery picked up in earnest in March.

"Lt-Gen Sompong said he was promoting tourism, wanted cordial relations with foreigners and praised Thai immigration's reporting app as easy and quick to use."

Luckily he's not delusional. At all.

When you aplpy for the permanent resendenty you not have to report every 90 days.

You probably not forfill the prerequists or made it your choice not to apply if it is true that you are staying here more then 5 years and have thai family.

6 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

Can he explain to me, in a manner that is logical, the purpose of 90 day reporting for people who have been here for YEARS, retired, married with families?

Or why, if they don't go through the reporting thing, they must leave Thailand every 90 days and enter another country. even if only for five minutes.

4 minutes ago, Caldera said:

"Lt-Gen Sompong said he was promoting tourism, wanted cordial relations with foreigners and praised Thai immigration's reporting app as easy and quick to use."

Luckily he's not delusional. At all.

He and everyone else at Immigration or in the government knows he has created a fiasco. But there is no way he or the government is going to admit it. 

5 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

"Yeah, I just got out of the joint. Extortion, murder and child rape.  Where can I file my TM30 form?"

This really states the stupidity in a nutshell. Any criminal wanted internationally and especially anyone up to know good here will skirt the law and not register. If they are found out, that's the least of their problems. Second, even if not found out they'll just pay a fine, apologize and move on.

This solves absolutely nothing.

1 hour ago, Surasak said:

I don't hold out much hope for an answer to your request. How long have you got?

It provides sought after government positions with weekends off, pension, reasonable salary in an aircon office. Possible bonuses on basic.

Is it of any real benefit to us or the country? No.

6 hours ago, Somtamnication said:

They wouldn't have a job if they didn't have these draconian rules.

I have come to the conclusion that is probably correct, Immigration is part of the Royal Thai Police and unlike most Western countries there is little or no pro active policing in Thailand, so they would be redundant.

To be fair though it’s a product of governments in other countries as well, when I think of legislation that was introduced in Australia over the years, eg OHS, Discrimination, Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity etc etc, agencies are set up to administer the legislation and then place requirements in these cases on employers to report on what action they have taken.

I call it justifying your existence.

"Lt-Gen Sompong said he was promoting tourism, wanted cordial relations with foreigners............. "

I fear the worst! "Big Joke" said something similar, and days later brought in the additional 3 months for the money to be in A THAI bank for a retirement extension.

I guess the Smart van didn’t generate any profit so he came up with an app idea that creates a profile that saves  locals’ information and in the same time it generates money from subscription. That’s cool. I am thinking of creating an app too called (Findfarang) that can help the IO locate the foreigners whenever they are in Thailand without reporting every 24h.Do you think it will work guys? Who is up for invest?

52B35044-C5F4-43DB-B4AE-C1C8F5DC6428.jpeg

1 hour ago, Lenny Jones said:

Seizing of foreign assets is the next step. (Watch your 800,000 baht!)  Lets hope none of it goes as far as Uncle Adolf's tactics.

Stopping foreigners - only foreigners - on the street and demanding to see their papers (passport) isn't a bad start, and demanding foreigners - only foreigners - get out of a taxi for a search, as many have reported in some areas of Bangkok, is also making a good start in that direction. Tourists must love that. Draconian police force in a military-controlled country. What's not to like?

10 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Or why, if they don't go through the reporting thing, they must leave Thailand every 90 days and enter another country. even if only for five minutes.

I think you have it the wrong way around, you only have to report if you are here for three months or more presumably so genuine longer term tourists don’t have to report.

The people who leave every three months the traditional “ border runners” are probably doing it because they don’t have a “ long term visa or permission to stay”

PS I’m not justifying the reporting I cannot see the point especially when you have lived at the same address for years.

19 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

One does not always have to enter another country as it says one must leave Thailand there is no mention of having to enter another country that it seems is one of those discretionary things,it's up to the processing officer. 

2 hours ago, Xavnel said:

I have a question for all the people complaining  (for the record, I do think the TM-30 Thing is all ridiculous)... 

I am sure that I will get flamed for this, but don't care.... 

How many of you, instead of only getting on here and complain post after post , after post,  have attempted (had enough balls), to go to his office, and attempted to set up a meeting and discuss with him your concerns?

It might surprise him that a foreigner wanted to speak with him instead of just crying  and you may actually get a meeting.

If not,  then what have you lost?

If I lived near where his office,  I would,  why not.. 

What's the worst that would happen to me?  I get denied a meeting?

What could the upside be?  He might actually listen to the concerns?  Hat else could be a possibility? .. Might make an "acquaintance" of him... could you think of a better "buddy" to have when dealing with Immigration issues?

2 words - in English - "Cards marked"!

Not easy to use at all.. No send button.. No idea if its worked. Not in English.. Password has to be changed but does not accept.. 

A lot better would be to only use a TM 30 if you move address. Not just return to your home or regular address if you stay away one or two nights.. This system only is of use to them to check on people who abide by the law. Not the ones who are up to no good.

Immigration eservices

2 hours ago, marktdag said:

Can somebody tell me what is the name of this app?

I believe it is Section 38, go to Playstore and search for it. I am not sure yet as I am just downloading and sitting on a bad line (hey I am in Thailand).

1 hour ago, kcpattaya said:

Tourist tags (available on every boarder crossing and airport in Thailand) come in various colors and are made to FIT!

image.png.d566371fd946343286bc5b075b547643.png

And for an extra 200 baht you can even have it engraved with a personal dedication, like: "From Oud With Love"

"Welcome to Thailand.  Try to have fun, but remember - we're watching you; we're tracking you; and we do not trust you!  Best to leave your money and get out as fast as possible.  Good luck."

image.jpg.cc7a47d2d4f757321feb71d85b65290b.jpg

Archived