Video: Foreigner robbed of 800,000 baht on his first day back in Isaan village

webfact

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, chrisandsu said:

Too many holes in this story . $10000 is around 300000 baht ... 5 baht of gold is 100000 baht (about) was he carrying another $15000 in cash ? Where did the gold come from? Sounds like an insurance claim to save face as he didn’t have the money  for the wedding ! Plus if he’s paying sin sod for that lady he is already the laughing stock of the village ! 

Oh how lucky we are, we've got the really sharp mind and intellect of Inspector Clouseau on the case. 

18 hours ago, keith101 said:

That's why I have a large safe , for when I was keeping large sums of money (don't have it anymore just my pension ) to heavy to carry away .

A large safe wouldn't save you from harm if they knew you have plenty in it. It's better to use a bank and keep nothing valuable at home. Many people wear gold only to get robbed, sometimes badly injured too.

2 hours ago, balo said:

Is that really his wife in the video?  So many beautiful Isaan girls and that is the best he could find. This story smells anyway. 

Would have thought he would use the money to pay her off and get rid of her. But guess there is always someone who prefers them ugly dressed like rice workers.

Has online banking stopped. I send money by transfer ok you loose a bit but not 800,000 .would you carry money and valuables like that in the USA? Why hear. fool.but feel for him.watch the family closely see who comes home with a new bike .

I've carried much larger amounts in both the US and in Thailand. I understand if you're not used to cash it can be a scary thing to carry. I bring it in my backpack which is filled with all kinds of personal crap. If I don't talk about the money how would anyone know??? And who would leave valuables in a different room while sleeping?  Very suspicious. 

Unless the bad guys could actually smell money, how did they know what to take and where to look for items.

Loose lips sink ships and in this case gets you robbed.

All valuables including keys are kept in our bedroom at night with door locked.

2 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

I've carried much larger amounts in both the US and in Thailand. I understand if you're not used to cash it can be a scary thing to carry. I bring it in my backpack which is filled with all kinds of personal crap. If I don't talk about the money how would anyone know??? And who would leave valuables in a different room while sleeping?  Very suspicious. 

Unless the bad guys could actually smell money, how did they know what to take and where to look for items.

Loose lips sink ships and in this case gets you robbed.

Perhaps they had one of those dogs the police use to sniff out drugs and cash.

7 hours ago, Perhaps2more said:

A large safe wouldn't save you from harm if they knew you have plenty in it. It's better to use a bank and keep nothing valuable at home. Many people wear gold only to get robbed, sometimes badly injured too.

The gold in public only makes you a target 

On 7/26/2019 at 11:42 AM, holy cow cm said:

You got that right being targets in Issan. Scandalous people sometimes, and I agree it was an inside job from someone from perhaps like a cousin who new they brought money like this every time they came. Dog poisoned again? Yikes. What do you think the premise behind this is? Way too many times already.. 

Killing the dogs is the first step in robbing your home here. By the professional house breakers...

On 7/26/2019 at 11:21 AM, keith101 said:

That's why I have a large safe , for when I was keeping large sums of money (don't have it anymore just my pension ) to heavy to carry away .

On 7/26/2019 at 11:21 AM, keith101 said:

A safe is an option but the pros, bring a sledgehammer with them. if you aren't home they will beat the safe until it opens. Done in this area a lot.

On 7/27/2019 at 2:03 AM, Wake Up said:

Why do some of you have a desire and need to label victims of crime as being an “idiot?”

Or stating this is what I do ....... see how smart I am not to be a crime victim. 

For me this is such a refreshing comment. I jumped to the last page after wading through so many judgmental comments about the victim of a crime. TV members - check your empathy at the door.

I lost more than this through my step daughter, 12 years into that relationship. I was helping her through a rough time after her abusive ugly divorce. Left her alone in my otherwise secured house. She brought in the Thai boyfriend that I did NOT know she had.

On 7/26/2019 at 11:25 AM, colinneil said:

Bloody idiot having money like that around even on his first night.

Sad to say farangs are a target in Issan villages.

Our dog has been poisoned 4 times in the last few months, the last time only 2 days ago.

We saved her again, baking soda and water forced down her throat using a large syringe.

Why have so far 6 people found this funny ?????

• 2 months later...
On 7/26/2019 at 11:25 AM, colinneil said:

Bloody idiot having money like that around even on his first night.

Sad to say farangs are a target in Issan villages.

Our dog has been poisoned 4 times in the last few months, the last time only 2 days ago.

We saved her again, baking soda and water forced down her throat using a large syringe.

I have no idea what it is like in "ISSAN", but in Isaan, where i have had my house for many years, there never been any problem!
Way too many dirty, noisy dogs around anyway...

On 7/29/2019 at 11:07 AM, brianthainess said:

Why have so far 6 people found this funny ?????

Probably cuz it's such a stupid story. Dog gets poisoned once you take action so's it doesn't happen again. But the poster still lets his dog out 3 more times to get poisoned over and over again. Who in their right mind would let it keep happening? That's the funny part.

Archived