Pattaya tourism: Never fear the millionaires are coming!

webfact

42 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

I've had lunch with the owner of Thailand's largest retail corporation and one of Thailand's richest families and his family in Pattaya.  Same restaurant different table.  I doubt you could by any stretch of even your imagination say they were riff raff.  You are just not very well informed.  

you were collecting the leftovers ?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, rwill said:

Being a millionaire used to mean you were rich.  But it really isn't that much money anymore.  I read an article not too long ago that you needed 25 million or more to be considered rich(talking US dollars).  

Likely this one: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-05-23/bankers-don-t-think-you-re-rich-unless-you-have-25-million

Yes, a million isn't much these days. A decent house in first world can easily be 2M+ USD.

19 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

Just as much chance of them going to Pattaya the yacht club or playing polo with royalty.  

It's a bit dated stereotype, the yachting millionaire attending horse races and such. I know a few multimillionaires, all are investor types and keep it very low key. You wouldn't be able to spot them by their clothes or behaviour, they make an effort to blend in. They are not Asians that have an innate need to show off, though.

40 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

Tos Chirathivat at a childrens table, why?  

You said YOU had lunch with him, 'same restaurant but different table.'

Just wondering why you were not allowed at the big boy table if you had lunch together.

It would appear that whatever is occurring in the world of news, Pattaya is always affected!

Hey Mr Editor, I just read a report from Forbes that the amount of millionaires in the world is increasing.

OK reporter, write me a report that more millionaires are visiting Pattaya.

OK Boss!

4 hours ago, ThomasThBKK said:

Yeah right, why would the rich go to soneva kiri in koh kood, Trisara and sri panwa in phuket or samujana villas etc on samui IF they can go to thailands biggest shithole called Pattaya. 

There's plenty of high end hotels and resorts in Thailand but they are all FAAAAAR away from Pattaya, for sure not because those hoteliers are idiots and accidently overlooked the best location in thailand ????

You are being funny right?  You do know that all of the major chains like Hilton, Marriott, Dusit, Holiday Inns, Amari, Four seasons and so on are all in Pattaya?

11 minutes ago, HLover said:

You said YOU had lunch with him, 'same restaurant but different table.'

Just wondering why you were not allowed at the big boy table if you had lunch together.

He has a big family - no more room at his table.  My point was that many very rich people are in Pattaya daily for various reasons - lunch, Sailing, Polo, riding and so on.  A friend of mine even flew her horse over.  

3 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

You do know that all of the major chains like Hilton, Marriott, Dusit, Holiday Inns, Amari, Four seasons and so on are all in Pattaya?

Those are major chains. They have just about as much to do with luxury lodging as food courts in malls have with three michelin star restaurants. 

You are being funny right?  You do know that all of the major chains like Hilton, Marriott, Dusit, Holiday Inns, Amari, Four seasons and so on are all in Pattaya?

Yeah and all of them are complete crap and no luxury? 

Soneva kiri and co charge 100 000 thb a day and up in high season, hilton is lowclass crap business hotels. 

2 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

Are you guys being so Pattaya negative because you really don't know much about the place or is it a moral thing and the hookers upset you?  

Pattaya is good for what it is, mongering. All the BS about luxury destination etc gets on one's nerves. They should drop the pretence, demolish every big hotel, close the malls and turn it all into beer bars and gogos. Do what they are good at.

1 minute ago, marcusarelus said:

Hyatt is where I usually stay if I have meetings. Their lounges are ok. Not luxury by any stretch.

Here's an entry level luxury hotel for you: https://www.jumeirah.com/en/hotels-resorts/dubai/burj-al-arab/ 

8 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Pattaya is good for what it is, mongering. All the BS about luxury destination etc gets on one's nerves. They should drop the pretence, demolish every big hotel, close the malls and turn it all into beer bars and gogos. Do what they are good at.

Four Seasons, Hyatt, Hilton and Duset are among the worlds best hotels.  Polo and riding in Pattaya is world class and so is Sailing.  You are ill informed.  I lived in Pattaya for many years.  Good food and a very interesting life that competes with many other places in the world for far less money.  If you got the Euro or Pound I can see why you are eating sour grapes.  Go to the bank and buy some baht and you'll feel better and save some money in the future.  

Four Seasons, Hyatt, Hilton and Duset are among the worlds best hotels.  Polo and riding in Pattaya is world class and so is Sailing.  You are ill informed.  I lived in Pattaya for many years.  Good food and a very interesting life that competes with many other places in the world for far less money.  If you got the Euro or Pound I can see why you are eating sour grapes.  

No they are just standard business hotels, nothing to do with luxury resort.

There's nothing world class about that dump. 

1 minute ago, ThomasThBKK said:

No they are just standard business hotels, nothing to do with luxury resort.

There's nothing world class about that dump. 

https://online-pattaya.com/sailing-regatta-in-pattaya-is-impressive

The annual B.Grimm-BMW sponsored Thai Polo Open takes place on Saturday, January 19 at the Thai Polo & Equestrian Club in East Pattaya. One of the most prestigious events on Thai Polo and socialite calendar, the tournament is being organized to raise funds for H.R.H. Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn’s Chitralada Vocational School project. The VIP guest list is once again expected to include members of royalty, ambassadors and celebrities.

4 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

https://online-pattaya.com/sailing-regatta-in-pattaya-is-impressive

The annual B.Grimm-BMW sponsored Thai Polo Open takes place on Saturday, January 19 at the Thai Polo & Equestrian Club in East Pattaya. One of the most prestigious events on Thai Polo and socialite calendar, the tournament is being organized to raise funds for H.R.H. Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn’s Chitralada Vocational School project. The VIP guest list is once again expected to include members of royalty, ambassadors and celebrities.

Monaco and St Tropez are shitting themselves for laughter. 

12 minutes ago, ThomasThBKK said:

Monaco and St Tropez are shitting themselves for laughter. 

I know you will have a hard time with this but there are many rich People in Asia who won't go the Monaco or St. Tropez who will go to Pattaya.  The girl I know who flew her horse here for a competition is one such lady.  

I never read such utter rubbish in another thread you've got the immigration guy saying  he is promoting tourism and friendly relations. At immigration check points you're  greeted with sour face officers who seem to think it is their job to pi$$ a lot of people off and going on about an app that the majority of people can not even 

get a password for. And now millionaires flocking to Pattaya. Jesus

Archived