Where To Buy A Dog?

maerim

We are looking to buy a dog.

Not a soi dog but a dog with a character and and pedigree, the last we want is a dog that will revert to type.

Something small and can easily be housetrained we certainly don't want one that is out of control.

We see many on Sunday in the walking street but there is no come back if they are no good.

I have been looking at Chancho's photo pages and would think that they could be expanded into where you can buy good stuff in Chiang Mai.

There is a little market on the south side of Chiang Mai which sells dogs, cats, birds rabbits etc and their food & cages.

Follow Wualai Road south away from CM Gate. Left at the end T junction and over the little bridge. Turn right at the first lights and then right into the first little soi on the right. (About 30 metres from the lights.)

Many "pedigree" dogs, varieties depend on availability.

Good luck.

May know someone who has golden retriever puppies... She's not looking for a lot of money for them, mostly for a good home. Will ask how many are left, and what gender. They're related in some way to my dog, who is a total darling, but not sure exactly how. :o

We are now owned by two shiz tui puppies, brothers cute as they come.

They answer to the name Riff and Raff.

They were bought at the market opposite the old Chiang Mai cultural centre at about 10 % of the price in the .U.K.

They have all sorts there from St.Bernards to poodles be carefull though you might end up buying the lot.

They have had their jabs at the Small animal hospital run by Chiang Mai University

Absolutely first class I can't recommend them too highly and very reasonable.

Congratulations, hope they look after you well. (Beware, Shi Tzus require inordinate amounts of grooming or they suffer matting.)

CMU Small Animal Hospital is excellent and open, I believe, 24 hours. For those who don't know it, it is on the Klong backing on to the Uni, between Suthep and Huay Kaew roads.

CMU Small Animal Hospital is excellent and open, I believe, 24 hours. For those who don't know it, it is on the Klong backing on to the Uni, between Suthep and Huay Kaew roads.

I agree. I've (actually, my cats have) used their place for surgery as well as shots, spaying, neutering, fevers :o ...Over about 4 years.......Great care each and every time

I have seen whippets there, but none of the others mentioned. Most are purchased from local breeders and are collected in this market for onward shipment to the Sunday Market in Bangkok.

Ajarn, glad you edited your post:

Agree. I've used their place for surgery as well as shots, spaying, neutering, fevers  :o ...Over about 4 years.......Great care each and every time

I was going to ask when you received the fateful cut, and why your voice is not an octave higher?

Ajarn, glad you edited your post:
Agree. I've used their place for surgery as well as shots, spaying, neutering, fevers  :o ...Over about 4 years.......Great care each and every time

I was going to ask when you received the fateful cut, and why your voice is not an octave higher?

One can never edit fast enough, it seems! :D