Hua Hin: Four in custody, three sought after slaying of man on bypass

webfact

Hua Hin: Four in custody, three sought after slaying of man on bypass

9pm1.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

Police in Pranburi reported that four men are in custody and warrants for a further three have been issued following the shooting of a man on the Pranburi - Hua Hin bypass on Tuesday. 

Watthanasin "Fluke" Poolat, 26, was shot in the chest and died later in Ratchaburi Hospital. 

His pillion passenger Athiwat "Moss" Meunsawat, 28, was injured. 

Prajuab Khirikhan provincial police chief Pol Maj-Gen Surasak Suksawaeng was in Pranburi yesterday to check on progress in the case. 

Police said that a man called Natthacha or "Khuat" was involved in a love triangle over a woman with Moss.

A Facebook challenge was issued and Fluke, from Hua Hin, and Moss from Pranburi went to a pre-arranged spot near a U-turn on the bypass. 

But then they were fired upon. 

Khuat's Isuzu pick-up is part of the evidence and police have a 9 mm gun used in the shooting. 

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-07-26

38 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Get's more like the wild west here every month

Are you new to thailand? For a fact shootings and violence was way more before around  2014, violence in general has decreased

3 hours ago, BTB1958 said:

I guess I would need to see photos of the girlfriend to understand what all the fuss was about 

No woman on the planet is worth some foolish love triangle.   If it was me, goodbye.  She's all yours dude....

2 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Are you saying the general has decreased the violence?

Did you read that i wrote that? It may be a possible reason and + other reasons ofc, as I have read thai news (in thai) and in news groups on Facebook for several years, I have noticed a decrease in shootings and violence, also back then Facebook was full of people seeking help with friends or family that has been victim of violent crime.

Just look at pattaya, from having daily stabbings,shootings,armed robberies against tourists and thai, attacks to having almost none and I know this because I am born and raised in pattaya living on the darkside half my life 

16 hours ago, JMSIII said:

No woman on the planet is worth some foolish love triangle.   If it was me, goodbye.  She's all yours dude....

Women are like buses miss out on 1 there will be another one alone shortly,,,,

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/26/2019 at 6:22 PM, ta158 said:

Did you read that i wrote that? It may be a possible reason and + other reasons ofc, as I have read thai news (in thai) and in news groups on Facebook for several years, I have noticed a decrease in shootings and violence, also back then Facebook was full of people seeking help with friends or family that has been victim of violent crime.

Just look at pattaya, from having daily stabbings,shootings,armed robberies against tourists and thai, attacks to having almost none and I know this because I am born and raised in pattaya living on the darkside half my life 

We look forward to links to some proper stats.............

10 minutes ago, dabhand said:

You said gun crime and violence. This ‘stat’ whatever it’s supposed to mean, isn’t about shootings and violence in general. It’s about homicides. 

Seemingly, it is that hard to find. Unless of course......

20 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

You said gun crime and violence. This ‘stat’ whatever it’s supposed to mean, isn’t about shootings and violence in general. It’s about homicides. 

If homicides are down (which they are, quite significantly), that would imply other violent crimes (esp gun crimes) are likely to be down, too.

The stats are around 2 years old, but for assault and car theft, crime rates are down by a large percentage over the last ten years or so). 

https://knoema.com/atlas/Thailand/topics/Crime-Statistics/Assaults-Kidnapping-Robbery-Sexual-Rape/Assault

https://knoema.com/atlas/Thailand/topics/Crime-Statistics/Burglary-Car-Theft-and-Housebreaking/Private-car-theft

16 minutes ago, teatime101 said:

If homicides are down (which they are, quite significantly), that would imply other violent crimes (esp gun crimes) are likely to be down, too.

The stats are around 2 years old, but for assault and car theft, crime rates are down by a large percentage over the last ten years or so). 

https://knoema.com/atlas/Thailand/topics/Crime-Statistics/Assaults-Kidnapping-Robbery-Sexual-Rape/Assault

https://knoema.com/atlas/Thailand/topics/Crime-Statistics/Burglary-Car-Theft-and-Housebreaking/Private-car-theft

All homicides are a form of violence. Not all violence is homicides. Actually,  a tiny fraction of violence is homicides compared to any other non-leathal forms of violence. 

Again, we were told that shootings and violence are ‘way down’. Where are the stats?

I’m not talking about burglaries and car thefts, etc. Just shootings and violence in general. 

On 8/22/2019 at 10:34 AM, rkidlad said:

The OP was  about homicides. That's what was in the link. Maybe too difficult for you.......... 

On 8/22/2019 at 11:52 AM, teatime101 said:

many crimes go unreported.

around 4,000 rapes reported to police, Police admitted themselves that the likely incidence of rape in Thailand was likely to be 30,000 cases per year roughly equating to four an hour.

majority of violence is with guns, but stabbings common too.

car thefts are very low, motorcycle thefts is the norm, most motorcycles stolen in thailand and sold in cambodia,myanmar,laos by gangs.

break ins are a big problem hence security bars on 99% of all houses and buildings.

bag and gold snatching is very high.

street robberies not very high, store holdups/ gold store robberies fairly common.

it is not stats but as im half thai,i watch thai news everyday this is my observation of what is high and low, and most of all shootings,stabbings, and other crimes big chance not ends up on thai visa and similar news sites.

example

today 2 shot dead, 2 injured in the city of hatyai (songkhla) when gunman was not happy about a car revved his engine and diesel smoke came out of exhaust (revving engine is seen as provocation and cockiness, the gun man had an murder already linked to him in 2018 when he killed a person, he was out on bail and was currently fighting the murder charge in court. 

5 days ago also in hatyai (songkhla) 2 got shot in road rage.

today in songkhla Forest protection staff shot dead in assasination.

today in songkhla 5 armed criminals with assault rifles robbed gold store got away with around 60 million in gold.

6 hours ago, dabhand said:

The OP was  about homicides. That's what was in the link. Maybe too difficult for you.......... 

Read posts properly before you comment: the poster I was referring to said violence and shootings since 2014 are ‘way down’. 

This isn’t true. Which is what my post was saying. 

Archived