BANGKOK
webfact

My account was cleaned out and the bank won't repay me, says Chonburi woman

Posted (edited)

Same thing happened to me with Bangkok Bank. It was 1-2 small transactions under 3000 baht every month. I always withdraw round amount so I noticed after a couple month. They were useless. They could not tell me if it was ATM or online transactions. They changed the ATM card and it stopped. 

Edited by Tayaout
  • Confused 1

cant see where she gets the 160,000 from, looking at the transactions it is way short of having that much in the account, 5 withdrawals of 20,000 baht over a few days in march is all it shows, didnt the bank message her with the withdrawals as they usually do. Maybe she needs to check her husband and other family members seeing its her card that was used. Strange that she never once checked the account for 10 years or got a statement especially after the deposits

• Like 2

Never have much money on an account with a card. Also use cards only at ATMs that are at a protected location for instance directly at a bank. I don't use cards at all. And if I need a card online I use a one time debit card of the Kasikorn bank - generated online. The bank is not to blame here. 

• Haha 1

Pull up the tapes people, this is no case. Get the camera records. 

This is a complete cock and bull story. Just consider the time line. She (he) opens an account and then doesn't touch it for 10 years. And yet she (he) has a valid ATM with which to make a withdrawal. I've never known an ATM card to be valid for more than 5 years at the most.

She (he) claims that these withdrawals took place between 2011 and 2013, and yet we can see that the transaction dates in the passbook are 2010! And the balance back then was well short of 160,800 that she (he) claims was there in there.

Sorry Madam. (Sir) B/S. No wonder the bank will have nothing to do with it.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, seajae said:

cant see where she gets the 160,000 from, looking at the transactions it is way short of having that much in the account, 5 withdrawals of 20,000 baht over a few days in march is all it shows, didnt the bank message her with the withdrawals as they usually do. Maybe she needs to check her husband and other family members seeing its her card that was used. Strange that she never once checked the account for 10 years or got a statement especially after the deposits

Go back and read it again then. Lot more withdrawals than the screenshot of a single page from her bank book

" she discovered that between 2011 and 2013 there had been 23 withdrawals using her ATM card.  "

• Like 1