My account was cleaned out and the bank won't repay me, says Chonburi woman

webfact

3 hours ago, darksidedog said:

And there is a very good chance that they are correct. While there have been instances of bank employee fraud, more often than not, it is someone much closer to home that has swagged the cash.

Closer to home , My thoughts exactly.

5 hours ago, rjwill01 said:

They have the dates of withdrawals. Like all ATMs they have cameras recording who is taking money out. Go to police and have them tell bank to look at films. That is what they are for. Something fishy???

Banks CCTV does not keep records for 5-8 years. It is now 2019, withdrawals took place between 2011-2013. All evidence is gone 

8 minutes ago, jaiyen said:

It is even a possibility that she withdrew the money !  The bank has no CCTV or proof of who made the withdrawals.

Many ATM does have it but again information is stored for s short period not years 

9 hours ago, Moonlover said:

This is a complete cock and bull story. Just consider the time line. She (he) opens an account and then doesn't touch it for 10 years. And yet she (he) has a valid ATM with which to make a withdrawal. I've never known an ATM card to be valid for more than 5 years at the most.

She (he) claims that these withdrawals took place between 2011 and 2013, and yet we can see that the transaction dates in the passbook are 2010! And the balance back then was well short of 160,800 that she (he) claims was there in there.

Sorry Madam. (Sir) B/S. No wonder the bank will have nothing to do with it.

Did you miss the bit about her being pregnant, or do you consider that another lie?

9 hours ago, manarak said:

and it's impossible to guess too!

nearly 50% of Thai people I know well enough to know their ATM PIN use the year of their birth as PIN.

And the rest use 1234

7 hours ago, shy coconut said:

Did you miss the bit about her being pregnant, or do you consider that another lie?

And how is hat particularly relevant to theft from her bank account... unless she didn't feel well enough to go to the bank ATM herself..... 

18 hours ago, webfact said:

the money was systematically stolen by an employee of the bank

My BKK Bank account was also 'compromised' and a number of transaction took place in places where I had never been (like Sattahip).  The manager told me it was my girlfriend, who doesn't drive and was with me 24 hours a day.  He also refused compensation.

8 minutes ago, mikebell said:

My BKK Bank account was also 'compromised' and a number of transaction took place in places where I had never been (like Sattahip).  The manager told me it was my girlfriend, who doesn't drive and was with me 24 hours a day.  He also refused compensation.

Were the transactions allocated to your ATM card? Although I thought BB ATMs could not be easily skimmed due to the Chip used it sounds like a skimmed card. 

I have always felt security within the branches is dubious though, I frequently get calls trying to get me to move money into Fixed Deposit accounts or other investments and the  caller knows too much about what I have even at other branches. They might be expecting people to pull out cash when the Protection limit gets reduced to 1,000,000 across all accounts in August. 

49 minutes ago, jacko45k said:
8 hours ago, shy coconut said:

And how is hat particularly relevant to theft from her bank account... unless she didn't feel well enough to go to the bank ATM herself..... 

Perhaps the foetus stole the cash?

Quite believe it’s true. I have used several banks here over the years and was sure money was going out from one in particular when it had a large amount in it. The amounts coming were a few thousand here and there but do that to many accounts and you get a lot. 

From using uk banks where I can see every transaction with details of it in statements or online to the banks here where the websites look like designed by a kid and most of the time lacking details etc to the bank book update which basically tells you nothing I can believe it would be easy to take money from accounts. Most of the time I heard of this the money was from accounts that were hardly used by the customer.

On 7/26/2019 at 3:56 PM, Just Weird said:

Do you think that Kasikorn would still have the ATM CCTV from 9 years ago?

My guess is that she complained about it in 2014 when she withdrew 500thb. Maybe it's taken this long to make a decision 

On 7/27/2019 at 7:47 AM, jacko45k said:

Were the transactions allocated to your ATM card? Although I thought BB ATMs could not be easily skimmed due to the Chip used it sounds like a skimmed card. 

I have always felt security within the branches is dubious though, I frequently get calls trying to get me to move money into Fixed Deposit accounts or other investments and the  caller knows too much about what I have even at other branches. They might be expecting people to pull out cash when the Protection limit gets reduced to 1,000,000 across all accounts in August. 

We're going back about 12 years; the card had a 4 figure PIN.  What got me was the total indifference the manager showed (2nd Rd Branch near soi 6.)  I know Thais never show emotion (except rage) but he was utterly disinterested in my protestations.

21 hours ago, mikebell said:

We're going back about 12 years; the card had a 4 figure PIN.  What got me was the total indifference the manager showed (2nd Rd Branch near soi 6.)  I know Thais never show emotion (except rage) but he was utterly disinterested in my protestations.

Concerning, you would expect them to be keen to ferret out such events. They are a different people with different attitudes, many of which are actually unpleasant and self-serving. This sounds like an inability to see defect. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/26/2019 at 1:22 PM, Tayaout said:

Same thing happened to me with Bangkok Bank. It was 1-2 small transactions under 3000 baht every month. I always withdraw round amount so I noticed after a couple month. They were useless. They could not tell me if it was ATM or online transactions. They changed the ATM card and it stopped. 

did you or the bank pursue investigation or legal options ?

and if not why ?

Archived