PS3

jphasia

I have an old PS3. Now, about at least 8 or 9 years ago. As I moved to PS4 few years ago (when it was released), I didn't use much the PS3 anymore but kept it connected to my TV and turned it on regularly and kept the sofware updated all the time.

I restarted it few months ago and I got a message that the software needed to be updated. I then clicked "update software" but it failed and I got a message telling me that there was a main error and must reinstal the software. I tried to reinstal the software following the method in Playstation website, using a USB key but it fail all the time.

1/ I believe maybe the hard drive is dead (corrupted?)

2/ I believe PS3 system is dying as they are not releasing any new games for this system and I believe they have stopped the software update

3/ it is true that as I have a PS4, there are no much point for me to keep using a PS3.

4/ indeed, I still have games for PS3 (digital and disks) that I can't use on PS4.

What should I do? Garbidge?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

Yep, actually since my original post, I already got rid of the PS3.
As for my PS4, no issues at all. Work well and yes I can use the online store. I actually purchase game only in Playstore. So I don't have any PS4 disk.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

• 4 months later...

There is a video by MYSTIC (?) on how to repair a corrupted PS3 hard drive. 

I bought a PS3 on Fleabay but haven't tried using it yet... I would sell your PS3 as defect, there might be a poor kid out there happy to give you like 500 THB including shipping for yours.