Thai fighters put through their paces ahead of ONE: ‘Dreams of Gold’

Thai fighters put through their paces ahead of ONE: ‘Dreams of Gold’

By: Rob Cox 

Dreams-of-Gold.jpg

As anticipation builds towards the final of the Featherweight Kickboxing Grand Prix the stage is set for  the semi-final bouts to take place in Bangkok next month.

Both bouts are set for ONE: ‘Dreams Of Gold’ which takes place at the Impact Arena on August 16th. The show features a stacked card of fights, headlined by Petchdam Petchyindeeacademy who makes the first defense of his flyweight kickboxing title title against accomplished Dutch fighter Ilias Ennahachi.

An open workout to check on the readiness of the Thai athletes was held at the Golden Tulip hotel in Bangkok on July 25th and saw a large crowd attend as each fighter were put through their paces on the pads.

Tough battle

Bangpleenoi Petchyindeeacademy was the first to showcase his skills as he faces a tough battle against England’s rising star Liam Nolan. Bangpleenoi made his ONE debut with a win against Brown Pinas on the ONE: ‘Hero’s Ascent’ event in Manila, but acknowledged it will be a different stage fighting in front of his hometown crowd.

“I have fought a lot in the main stadiums in Thailand before, which gave me a good name in Thailand, but ONE gives me the opportunity to become famous around the world. There will be a little more pressure on me this time though as I am fighting in front of my countrymen. I am about 70% ready now, but will be 100% ready by the time of the fight and I am determined to get the win for Thailand.”

Veteran performer

Lerdsila Champairtour is the veteran performer on the show and also faces a strong opponent in Michael Savvas of Cyprus who is currently tearing up a storm in Thailand’s main stadiums and had a strong win in his ONE debut against Thai veteran star Singtongnoi Por Telakun.

Full story: https://asianmma.com/thai-fighters-put-through-their-paces-ahead-of-one-dreams-of-gold/

-- ASIAN MMA 2019-07-26

Archived