No illegal searches claims thong lor police chief

ThomasThBKK

1 hour ago, Farangwithaplan said:

side of the road as I was tested for drugs, h

They test for drugs on side of road in Oz? Is it piss 

test? .... if you pass then they rack you up for indecent 

exposure 

I am happy to live in Chiang Mai. Never had a problem with the police. Also I never saw that they stop pedestrians or taxis. Sometimes they have check points but only for alcohol tests or for motorcycle drivers without helmet. 

Interesting that the "accountable" mishaps all appear o be in the Thonglor area.
I live & drive mainly in Lumpini area,, never stopped
Yes over the years that has always been an issue. There are groups reporting about this and once every x years there are meetings with the ting tong police guys. Then there are newsarticles. Then it stops for a while...

Thong lor is prolly the richest part of thailand in general, running atms...

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, DJ54 said:

They test for drugs on side of road in Oz?

It’s no excuse for what might or might not be happening in Thailand of course, but Australian police have been conducting random full on strip searches of commuters at Sydney’s main railway station (“behind privacy screens”). Way worse than anything that’s been reported from Thong Lo. Google “sydney criminal lawyers strip search” if you don’t believe me.

One more reason why I feel less intimidated when visiting a pseudo military dictatorship than I do in my own country.

Thonglor is a nice area but I've no need to be there. On rare occasion I drink on 22 but leave before sundown. Move to one bar on edge of Cowboy then home by 8pm at latest.

These days if you're in Thonglor or on lower Sukhumvhit in evening expect to be rousted. That's the game.

I work off the BTS and pass many cops coming and going to work. Dressed well they do not so much as give me a glance.

It's pretty apparent where the briar patches are. At this point it's literally your own fault for putting yourself in the position.

Many years ago I lived in Pattaya. One of the reasons was the cops never hassled you. Never a need to carry a passport. Never a shakedown. I'd never step foot in the city now but if you're living the lifestyle that would provoke cops to shake you down. Change your game or suffer it. Up to you.

Archived