BANGKOK

Posted (edited)

Did you pre-bake the base? I did with the last one I made...pepperoni & black olives.....and it turned out nice & crispy. Baked at full heat, 240C. in 5 minutes. But it takes ages for the oven to get up to full temp. Mine's a Zanussi bench-top full size jobbie, takes 2kW electric, so a pizza costs about 2 units = Bht 8 to cook it.

I have cut a ceramic tile down to act as a pizza stone....perfect.

There is the question of do you put the cheese on last, after the toppings, or toppings on top. I like cheese last.

Have you tried putting oregano in the dough? Nice. I use the Prego pasta sauce, garlic & basil for the tomato base.

Keep on Pizza-ing.

Edited by wgdanson
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I make the base myself, and do not pre-cook it but allow 2-3 hours to prove. Then apply my home made pizza sauce, then the toppings cheese last with a pinch of oregano sprinkled on the cheese. I've got one of those Otto-style ovens, I put it on max temperature about 10 minutes before I put the pizza in. I have previously been cooking my pizzas in a BBQ and it could take up to 30 minutes to cook properly.

If there's any demand for it, I can post up my precise recipe so that anyone can make it exactly the same.

Edited by SteveK

54 minutes ago, SteveK said:

I make the base myself, and do not pre-cook it but allow 2-3 hours to prove. Then apply my home made pizza sauce, then the toppings cheese last with a pinch of oregano sprinkled on the cheese. I've got one of those Otto-style ovens, I put it on max temperature about 10 minutes before I put the pizza in. I have previously been cooking my pizzas in a BBQ and it could take up to 30 minutes to cook properly.

If there's any demand for it, I can post up my precise recipe so that anyone can make it exactly the same.

could I order a medium Hawaiian and can you deliver near Phitsanulok, I'll pay extra for delivery ….

• Haha 2

Steve, I used to make the pizzas in my small otto oven in Bangkok, they turned out just fine , only the oven was so small I had to cut the pre-base dough in half and cook two halves. crab stick and pepperoni ...

308290700_692FAC76-D47C-4818-97B7-A0B6F7074575.thumb.JPG.6f2666b89a023f79d0037a73a9885a6d.JPG

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, SteveK said:

Maybe. Pizza would be about 100 baht, delivery from small village near Mukdahan would be 2000+

Too expensive. Can you send by Post Mail, as it would only be about 70b?

Jokes aside...good effort, looks delicious!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SteveK said:

Yes do post the recipe and what oven did you use/buy?

Steve, it looks good and my mouth is watering at the sight. 

well done   !

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, sfokevin said:

Yes do post the recipe and what oven did you use/buy?

I'll write up my exact recipe and post it up tomorrow.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

My tips:

1. If you like a thin chewy crust:

https://www.mybakingaddiction.com/no-knead-pizza-dough-recipe/print/

2. Saute onions in olive oil first; if applied raw, they release too much moisture and will make crust soggy.

3. Agnesi pesto sauce is fantastic on pizza:

4. Tomatoes poorly arranged and picture doesn't do the pizza justice, especially in terms of taste, but just to give idea:

y6HrvRi-Uvd0gx9KvdjZ_UXmx4WB6UaqxnYf9N3rK47p4G-Yp7MRr3Qf8JyBRpyGQbV8csqx3R0XfwwU6-ngNAM_dD3Jqym4QfMD-qgFdVWP26q2vqu1isSw2bdij5dUFaUKxjaSRYyml3mb-b1eRIpUtSyzFB-W.jpg.5ca413f91ba568f6fb90423d430dbe3e.jpg

(ingredients: mozzerella, feta, Parmesan, anchovies, tomatoes, sauteed onions, raw garlic, olives, Thai prik pao chili flakes, Agnesi pesto sauce)

Edited by Gecko123
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2