Pizza

SteveK

Just now, SteveK said:

Is that your video? Are you a YouTube monkey? Only time I ever used my blow torch was when I was tying to free a seized caliper bolt from a Suzuki drz 400 and it worked wonders.

No.  Not mine.  Baked Alaska always a big hit with Thai people  again blow torch 

baked.jpg

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, vogie said:

Just tried my first pizza, thought I try a calzone, made my own base and tomato sauce with home grown basil. Mozarella and feta cheese, ham and pepperoni. Truly delicious.

IMG_20190802_164942.jpg

...Looks great... I bet it was aroi mak... Where did you buy your pan and wooden round?

13 minutes ago, Rhys said:

...Looks great... I bet it was aroi mak... Where did you buy your pan and wooden round?

Bought 2 of the pans in Big C, about 250baht each, I turn one upside down and the preheat the oven so it gets hot then slide my calzone on it. Have ordered a big pizza shovel from Lazada to make life easier, about 250 baht also.

Edit: Big C near Sattahip.

8eaefb8fb6f0d8396a8d61b7b9dfe3fb.jpg_720x720q80.jpg

Here is my take on homemade pizza... I have a cheap Oxygen 28 oven that cost ~1,600 baht... the pizza stone I got at the local tile outlet ~50 baht... I have raised it a few cm from the lower heat element with a garden brick that I cut into 4 small legs... 

The problem I was having before this setup was given I like to heap lots of stuff on the pizza American style the crust in the middle would never cook... So now I do a two step oven cook the first with just the pizza sauce onto the lower pizza stone of the oven that was preheated for 30 minutes on the highest setting (250c)... once the crust has risen and firmed up I take it out and add the ingredients... then I put it on the top rack close to the upper element... Also I do a baker trick and put a small ice cube on the lower pizza stone to melt and add steam to the oven...

The finished crust while not stone oven pretty is cooked thru in the middle... I am now searching for a small torch to get that real stone oven look ????

All the ingredients were sourced at Rimping and cost about the same as a small pizza at The Dukes! 555...

7FF0A304-EEAF-4E93-A4C4-464D604E838A.jpeg

EF2F14E5-FD71-452E-9643-341BF187295F.jpeg

79647B78-D50E-43FA-A461-5BF1FD1F6B6F.jpeg

24BC0C52-FF2C-4903-87A9-620C11168D8E.jpeg

2FAC635B-8986-4382-BCF0-5F798ADB9005.jpeg

0EB46D7B-5473-4225-AFD2-316B96D48353.jpeg

72B86A7C-08D8-4679-9A04-0B4B0A0793D8.jpeg

On 7/27/2019 at 4:43 PM, SteveK said:

Try Bronx pizza, if you don't like that then you don't like pizza. 317 soi lengkee.

I went to Bronx yesterday. I was expecting a restaurant but what I did find was not really suitable for a romantic dinner. Bronx is a Pizza Fast Food eatery in a container. You will be provided paper plates, fork and knife are absent as is a glass to go with your soft drink which is served in a can (and therefore without ice cubes).

Although it is located near a "beer garden" alcoholic beverages cannot be ordered but you are encouraged to buy your own in a 7/11 and bring it along ("at no charge" they said).

On the menu are only Pizzas "Bronx Style", obtainable in a respectable size of 18 inches. You may choose 3 toppings out of a wider selection but you will be limited to just 3 (they said, probably unaware that I would have paid for additional ones). I ordered chicken, pepperoni and mushrooms. Please note that the pepperoni are not red peppers as one would expect, but a sausage ressembling chorizo (if they did bring what I did order) - please see picture attached.

Now for the Pizza: The dough is tasty. It is not too crispy (could have been more). Outstanding is the tomato sauce which is distinctively sweet (and really tasty). The toppings are of a good quality. On the table you will find pepper (already grounded), Italian Herbs and Chilly Powder. The Pizza is thin crusted but not extremely thin - which is a good thing I think.

All in all quite tasty and it surely is good value for money. Would I go there again ? Yes if I would be hungry and happen to be in the vicinity (which is unlikely, it is a road with mainly bars nearby and this are not my favourite surrounding). The container does not feature a toilet as well - you may proceed a bit down the road to the next bar which seems to be affiliated.

Summary: The Pizza was good, big and reasonably priced. The setting is very much basic. I do not know if this is a typical New York setting since I have never been in the US. But the overall experience might be very well suited for many. Just try it. At least for a special experience.

But my quest for the perfect pizzeria in Pattaya has not come to an end yet.

Attached are 2 pictures: Sorry for the holes near the center of the Pizza. My wife and myself had a bite before I remembered that I should take a picture ????. The pig in the picture is our signature. It is an original "Häkelschwein" (Google it), made by hand by a 90 year old who supposedly made about 10'000 of these.

IMG_0346.JPG

IMG_0347.JPG

On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 4:51 PM, moogradod said:
  On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 4:43 PM, SteveK said:

Try Bronx pizza, if you don't like that then you don't like pizza. 317 soi lengkee.

I concur wholeheartedly. Trouble is.... they keep changing location and each time it is further from my homebase. Other than that, they are the best.

7 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Pepperoni is an American style of salami massively popular on pizzas. Not a pepper. You're thinking of pepperoncini which are peppers.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Nearly correct: The confusion comes about because "Pepperoni" (with two "p") is (at least in Switzerland) indeed the name for the vegetable red paprika. Peperoni (with one "p") on the other hand seems to be the name of the salami you mention. The latter was completely new to me. Easily to be verified by googling.

Pepperoncini is then again something completely different - it is the peppers you mention - and mixed with olive oil this should be served with a decent pizza to be sprinkled on the top according to your liking - never seen it in Pattaya so far but the standard in Switzerland and Italy as I know it.

Two p's.

American usage.

Deal with it and move on.

Pepperoni is an American variety of salami, made from cured pork and beef mixed together and seasoned with paprika or other chili pepper.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pepperoni

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

15 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Two p's.

American usage.

Deal with it and move on.

You are right. It is ME who has misspelled:

Pepperoni = Sausage (American)

Peperoni = Vegetable (Swiss)

Pepperoncini = Chilly Pepper (Italian)

Will move on now.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, tingtong said:

if someone want to have a good pizza between Chaiyaphum abd Khon Kaen, in mid of nowhere Isaan...:)

pizza+oven (7).jpg

Meatlover.jpg

Looks good!  GPS coordinates?  When I googled THE Pizza House in mid of nowhere Isaan...:)   I got one in Norway, One in Germany, One in Bangkok and one in Sukothai.

Archived