TM30 for BOI employee?

Hi 

I read or heard from somewhere/someone that if you work BOI company, then you don't need to register TM30 every time you enter the country. Is it true or is it not? 

If above is not true, then it means I will need to register TM30, and here's another question. I own my own condominium living with my husband who is also a foreigner. Anyone owns a housing and report yourself TM30 online? How easy is it?  If I can avoide going to the immigration, I'd like to just report both (my husband and myself) online ever time we come back to Thailand, which is like every freaking 2-3 weeks since we are on a business trip quite often... 

Thanks,

• Like 1

Can't be true, because the law regarding TM30 doesn't allow for any exception by anybody, see section 38: http://library.siam-legal.com/thai-law/thai-immigration-act-temporary-stay-in-the-kingdom-sections-34-39/

You sign up online and after a few weeks you maybe get your login. You could also submit the TM30 by mail (offline), this doesn't require registration, but doing online is of course more convenient.

4 hours ago, rnalswls2 said:

I read or heard from somewhere/someone that if you work BOI company, then you don't need to register TM30 every time you enter the country. Is it true or is it not? 

Not true.

4 hours ago, rnalswls2 said:

Anyone owns a housing and report yourself TM30 online? How easy is it?

Once you’ve applied online and received the log in credentials it’s very easy.

6 hours ago, elviajero said:

Not true.

I think you know as well as I do that whether a TM30 report is needed after every entry to the country is dependent upon the immigration office you deal with.

There is a very good chance that one stop center for those working for BOI companies do not require one.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I think you know as well as I do that whether a TM30 report is needed after every entry to the country is dependent upon the immigration office you deal with.

There is a very good chance that one stop center for those working for BOI companies do not require one.

I got my work permit and extension yesterday at EEC One Stop in Sriracha and there was no mention of the TM.30 but noticed unlike my previous work permits the new one does not have an address in it so I assume for me to buy a scooter and car I will need a residency cert from immigration (closest is Jomtien) and they will want the TM.30.

Is this correct ?

2 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

I got my work permit and extension yesterday at EEC One Stop in Sriracha and there was no mention of the TM.30 but noticed unlike my previous work permits the new one does not have an address in it so I assume for me to buy a scooter and car I will need a residency cert from immigration (closest is Jomtien) and they will want the TM.30.

Is this correct ?

A while ago, maybe a few weeks, maybe 2 months... time flies... there was somebody in the "motor forum" section here on Thaivisa who asked about this. He reported back and said just his new work permit was sufficient. If you go through a few pages there maybe you can still find the thread.

3 hours ago, Don Mega said:

Is this correct ?

Correct, I have the same type of work permit and needed to do this the other month.

This depends, if you are on a BOI smart visa, no need to do tm30 and no need to do 90 day, only yearly reporting, employer and the boi take care of this

If you are on a BOI work permit with an extension of stay yes you need to do tm30 and also 90 day report, but you can use the one stop office so away from the normal immigration, in and out within 5 minutes for anything related you need to do with immigration, ie re entry permits, tm30 and 90 day, 

Edited by kmw
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I was not required a TM30 at Charmjuree one-stop this past December 2018 when I went for renewal. But changing now to retirement at CW in a few days is required. I expect I will be fined 3x at CW. 

6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I hold a Non-Imm B (BOI) and related Work Permit - Chiang Mai Immigration still requires a TM30 noting that there is a BOI one-stop shop in CM as well.

As per your text it depends on the immigration office. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ubonjoe said:
14 hours ago, elviajero said:

Not true.

Yes, but that wasn’t the question asked.

It is not true that owners, house-masters, possessors of properties where a BOI employee is staying are exempt from reporting because the person is a BOI employee.

Whether or not a report is required is down to the office in the area where the employee lives.

On 7/27/2019 at 4:00 PM, WilliamSmits said:

I have WP from the one stop shop in Chuamjuree and I was infomed by the company lawyer that TM 30 is not needed. Hope the picture is readable

20190727_155937.jpg

Thanks! I will just skip TM30 then... What's the worst. We pay THB800 every 2 years when we extend WP right? ???? Thanks!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, rnalswls2 said:

Thanks! I will just skip TM30 then... What's the worst. We pay THB800 every 2 years when we extend WP right? ???? Thanks!

The worst case would be that your house gets surrounded by police one day, as written in this news: https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1112960-tm30-immigration-chief-tells-foreigners-report-where-you-are-and-who-is-staying-with-you/

" And in Singburi a house in Moo 13 Mai Dat sub-district was surrounded and the house owner was fined under section 38.  "

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/27/2019 at 11:00 AM, WilliamSmits said:

I have WP from the one stop shop in Chuamjuree and I was infomed by the company lawyer that TM 30 is not needed. Hope the picture is readable

A bit late, but I just talked to my HR and they told me the same.

Because this TM30 thing was coming up among all foreign colleagues, I asked HR if its a big deal if im not registered for 5 days (Return to Thailand 5 days before i move to a new condo). They told me for BOI employees it is not necessary to do TM30 (maybe its done by the agency?)

On 7/27/2019 at 3:30 PM, RBOP said:

I was not required a TM30 at Charmjuree one-stop this past December 2018 when I went for renewal. But changing now to retirement at CW in a few days is required. I expect I will be fined 3x at CW. 

Just to follow up, I was fined 3,000 Baht even though I pre-registered a week before online but didn't matter as no password was given.  

Edited by RBOP

29 minutes ago, RBOP said:

Just to follow up, I was fined 3,000 Baht even though I pre-registered a week before online but didn't matter as no password was given.  

What was the 3000 baht fine for? The max fine for TM30 reporting under section 38 is 2000 baht for an individual.

"Section 77 : Whoever fails to comply with the provision of Section 38, shall be punished with a fine not
exceeding 2,000 Baht. If said person is a hotel manager, he shall be punished with a fine from 2,000 Baht
to 10,000 Baht."

More important is where you have your visa from, Chuamjuree Square or another IO office. As the VISA is important on the TM30 reporting and not the WP.

Our HR went to Chuamjuree Square and asked them the same question about non reporting,  the answer was loud and clear, EVERYONE needs to report...WP and VISA both from Chuamjuree as well...

different officer, different answer

8 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

What was the 3000 baht fine for? The max fine for TM30 reporting under section 38 is 2000 baht for an individual.

"Section 77 : Whoever fails to comply with the provision of Section 38, shall be punished with a fine not
exceeding 2,000 Baht. If said person is a hotel manager, he shall be punished with a fine from 2,000 Baht
to 10,000 Baht."

Fined because I didn't have a TM30 report for myself, wife and our child (3 persons). I am the condo owner. I registered online a week before going in to convert work visa to retirement and showed them my email verification but didn't matter. Charmjuree don't require TM30 yet. Hardly fair of them to fine me eh. 

Still waiting 3 weeks now for a password. 

20190727_155937.jpg

Credentialed journalists also use One-Stop at Chamchuri Square, so assume they belong to this list as well.