'Very unhelpful': Ireland scolds British PM Johnson over Brexit

rooster59

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, puipuitom said:

read some newspapers, especially Scotish..

I think you need to read the latest Scottish latest polling, there are still more Scots that wish to remain within our Union than leave.

13 hours ago, vogie said:

Soon it will be 26 then 25 then................ 

Just read some "brexit fake news" https://www.indy100.com/article/eu-membership-countries-vote-leave-remain-8888956

EU28, Kantar poll: European Union Membership Referendum % Remain

Ireland 91% Netherlands 91% Sweden 89% Spain 88% Germany 89% Belgium 87% Portugal 92% Greece 75% Bulgaria 83% France 74% Estonia 89% Slovakia 86% Italy 72% Hungary 81% Denmark 86% Poland 89% Romania 89%

To give you a second: the Dutch PVV, and ONLY who want a NEXIT went from 4 seats in the EU parliament to.. ZERO 

Not all want to commit commercial + economical suicide like the British ( or better: the English)

11 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Then smith has accepted the fact that a backstop is going to form part of any deal. 

Good man. 

No he hasn't. He's accepted that a solution needs to be found that's acceptable to the UK, Eire and the EU.

Ironically, I'd trust Covey and the current Irish government to act honestly and ethically. I judge them on their behavior, what I've read and listened to. 

But, quite frankly, would you trust the French or one or two others not to try and play silly buggers with the backstop?

13 hours ago, puipuitom said:

Just read some "brexit fake news" https://www.indy100.com/article/eu-membership-countries-vote-leave-remain-8888956

EU28, Kantar poll: European Union Membership Referendum % Remain

Ireland 91% Netherlands 91% Sweden 89% Spain 88% Germany 89% Belgium 87% Portugal 92% Greece 75% Bulgaria 83% France 74% Estonia 89% Slovakia 86% Italy 72% Hungary 81% Denmark 86% Poland 89% Romania 89%

To give you a second: the Dutch PVV, and ONLY who want a NEXIT went from 4 seats in the EU parliament to.. ZERO 

Not all want to commit commercial + economical suicide like the British ( or better: the English)

Wales voted to leave as well as England! The vote wasn't actually really divided in that sense. Plenty in Scotland voted to leave and plenty in England voted to remain.

Your're pandering to the SNP fake propaganda.

11 minutes ago, puipuitom said:

read some newspapers, especially Scotish..

Certain newspapers are mouthpieces for the SNP. 

They also claimed after Sturgeon's first meeting with May that she had the power to veto Brexit!

4 hours ago, Krataiboy said:

Oh, please. "Vote Leave or Remain". How difficult to understand is that?

As for a "people's vote", what's the point when the (women) leaders of the Liberal Democrats and the Green Party have already said they wouldn't accept a "Leave" result?

Ironic how women politicians are always banging on about equality yet treat Brexiteers as a dumb underclass whose views can be ignored.

Hmmm. So you vote for something for which you have no clue about the details, the likely consequences or the complexities. When these become clearer, no one is allowed another vote because the ardent Brexiters won one and don't ever want another.

Sounds like the educated Brexiter's logic.

12 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

No he hasn't. He's accepted that a solution needs to be found that's acceptable to the UK, Eire and the EU.

Ironically, I'd trust Covey and the current Irish government to act honestly and ethically. I judge them on their behavior, what I've read and listened to. 

But, quite frankly, would you trust the French or one or two others not to try and play silly buggers with the backstop?

The backstop is the result of Eire’s govt ensuring their concerns over brexit and it’s effect upon the Good Friday Agreement were raised with the other eu govts before negotiations began. 

It is an arrangement already acceptable to Eire.

Anyone messes with that and the whole deal will most likely be vetoed by the govt of Eire. 

My comment about smith was, to a large degree, insincere. 

4 hours ago, Basil B said:

Can you please supply a link that quotes where the current leaders of the LibDem and Green Party actually said they would not accept the result of a second referendum if it were "Leave"?

You are just spreading Brexiteers misinformation again.

quote "You are just spreading Brexiteers misinformation again."

Really? Look here then.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/9569467/arrogant-lib-dem-boss-jo-swinson-vows-to-reverse-brexit-even-if-britain-votes-for-it-a-second-time/

or here

https://www.spiked-online.com/2019/07/24/the-casual-authoritarianism-of-remoaners/

It is easy to find if you ask the right question on Google.

1 hour ago, puipuitom said:

Why 27 EU Parliaments should "danse to the wishes" of only one = nr 28 = HoC of the UK ?

I have no desire to see anyone dance. What I want to see is a spirit of cooperation, that gets Brexit sorted, and we can focus on shaping the future relationship of the UK and the EU.

If you are saying that “the 27” don’t want that, then I can surely live without Gouda and soused herring.

11 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

I have no desire to see anyone dance. What I want to see is a spirit of cooperation, that gets Brexit sorted, and we can focus on shaping the future relationship of the UK and the EU.

If you are saying that “the 27” don’t want that, then I can surely live without Gouda and soused herring.

Tulips..................Don't forget the tulips.

13 hours ago, fishtank said:

Sound bites and rhetoric from the clown in Downing St. with no plan on how to deliver his promises.

Maybe he should consult Larry the cat.

He is no clown as he is already proving with his speech in Manchester, why do people fall for these childish media labels?

2 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Wales voted to leave as well as England! The vote wasn't actually really divided in that sense. Plenty in Scotland voted to leave and plenty in England voted to remain.

Your're pandering to the SNP fake propaganda.

I know reading for a Brexiteer is extremely difficult, but.. a response, just a few positions under to who the comment was ment:

"Soon it will be 26 then 25 then................ "  

Has NOTHING to do with Wales, Scotland, Engleand, N.Ireland, Wight, the Channel Islands, Man etc. but all with the remaining EU member states.

For the split of remain - leave: Yes, I can read. https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-36616028  Oh, wait.. BBC... only fake news, as NOT in accordance with Brexiteer's belief.

EU referendum: The result in maps and charts - BBC News 

5 minutes ago, puipuitom said:

I know reading for a Brexiteer is extremely difficutl, but.. a response, just a feew3 positions udner wto wqho the cvcomemnt was ment:

"Soon it will be 26 then 25 then................   

Tell the truth puipuitom, have you opened another bottle of advocaat?

3 minutes ago, vogie said:

Tell the truth puipuitom, have you opened another bottle of advocaat?

No, was sent too early, see my comment before and completed.

Bye-the-way: you know advocaat tastes well on ice cream ?

12 hours ago, Geoffggi said:

It was bound to happen, the EU is pouting because someone is standing up to them instead of rolling over, the EU must also be wary as other countries are starting to want to negotiate trade terms.

The EU should throw the UK out, close all borders, block all trade, close the tunnel. Make it an island again, just how they want it.   Most people in the EU have enough of the UK. The sooner they leave the better.

8 hours ago, fishtank said:

It delivered Brexit and if all those extremists would have voted for it months ago this would all be over now and the currency would be starting to rise.

Now it looks like it will never be done.

if it would have been voted in we would not have left,may never wanted britain to leave and it was obvious towards the end,3 wasted years,all down to mays petty ego

7 minutes ago, dimitriv said:

The EU should throw the UK out, close all borders, block all trade, close the tunnel. Make it an island again, just how they want it.   Most people in the EU have enough of the UK. The sooner they leave the better.

and most people in the uk have had enough of being in the eu,thats why they voted to leave in a DEMOCRATIC vote.

4 minutes ago, kingdong said:

and most people in the uk have had enough of being in the eu,thats why they voted to leave in a DEMOCRATIC vote.

I hope that you will understand a 100% blockade.  That is the general wish of the people I know here. The EU can live without the UK. But not the other way around. A trade agreement with some countries on the other side of the world will not help the UK much.

2 hours ago, vogie said:

I think you need to read the latest Scottish latest polling, there are still more Scots that wish to remain within our Union than leave.

Which Union are you talking about? the EU or Scottish and English one of 1706?

As I understand the Scots want to remain in both...

29 minutes ago, puipuitom said:

No, was sent too early, see my comment before and completed.

Bye-the-way: you know advocaat tastes well on ice cream ?

Something I have never tried.

Ice cream is easy. Advocate in rural Thailand is not so easy. 

3 minutes ago, dimitriv said:

I hope that you will understand a 100% blockade.  That is the general wish of the people I know here. The EU can live without the UK. But not the other way around. A trade agreement with some countries on the other side of the world will not help the UK much.

why you getting your knickers in a twist?you don,t live in the uk,a 100% blockade,are you serious?anyway we seemed to manage in ww2 when we bailed out europe.

7 minutes ago, Basil B said:

Which Union are you talking about? the EU or Scottish and English one of 1706?

As I understand the Scots want to remain in both...

a minority of scots wanted to leave but wanted to have there cake and eat  it  by retaining sterling

54 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

You can get those in Spalding.......

Dutch origin.. together with most of all flowers in the UK. 

Flower import companies in the UK import nearly €198 million worth of roses a year. The Netherlands is the main import partner (85%), which is also the supplier of 65% of the rose import https://www.flowercompanies.com/category/import-GB  

After a no deal brexit: all lorries have to be inspected, custom cleared etc.. Probably some time with less flowers available in the UK.

17 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Something I have never tried.

Ice cream is easy. Advocate in rural Thailand is not so easy. 

so.. make it yourself. 

13 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

Wake me up on Halloween its going to be the longest 3 months in history then on the 1st of November we will all be rich or all blow up by the 5th???? 

Fyi , there will be an extension ,  lies nothing new , so boring ..

I  just dont vote anymore , nothing changes.   Nuff said...

Archived