How much you pay for mobile internet?

gaviolit

4 hours ago, JamJar said:

at the end of post #19

I’ve read #19 didn’t read anything .... that rubbed anything that rubbed anything the wrong way,,.  Maybe it was ManOpause...

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/27/2019 at 4:38 AM, jackdd said:

I use such a True sim card, currently being sold for 1790 THB.

So i pay 1790 THB for one year unlimited 4mbps.

Not as cheap as JackDD's option, but I use a Dtack 4Mbps unlimited data package, which is to be renewed each month and costs 500 THB/month + VAT (so approx 540 THB per month). 

Note: In the settings of my smartphone I set it as portable WiFi-Hotspot, which allows me to have internet access on my laptop via my phone.  Also my girlfriend and friends visiting me don't need to buy a SIM-card and internet package, as they can simply connect to my smartphone and thus also have free internet. 

17 minutes ago, plfomylo said:

I got this one and it works well, but nobody at 2 AIS shops were able to tell me how long I will be able to use it ?! An idiot said 1 month only hahaha

I guess it's 6 months or 1 year ?

Six months as far as I know.

7 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

They also have a 3 month 4 Mbps package for 1284 baht *104*594# then to press the Dial key to apply the package.

If you can get 10 Mbps at your location, the also have a 3 month package for that. *104*598# 1926 baht

1 Mbps for 3 months, 802.50 baht *104*591

This only for DTAC SIM activated before the 1st of March.

I use such a True sim card, currently being sold for 1790 THB.
So i pay 1790 THB for one year unlimited 4mbps.

I bought 2 of these from Lazada end of last year ( registered 1st jan 2019 ) for 1245 baht each.
Excellent value IMO and I will gladly pay 1790 if they are still available at the end of the year.

On 7/27/2019 at 9:24 AM, gaviolit said:

It s crazy priced in thailand for mobile internet data, and all have GB limits! I used ais Mao Mao 1 gbps unlimited for 6 months, but now can t renove it at the same, now, same price but 7,5 gb/month. That I use in 3 days!!! 

What do you use? 

I pay 1000 THB a month for 14GB of 3G/4G Data and Wifi with AIS.   My package is from 12th to the 12th and I've only used 4GB so far this month, so have 10 GB to use in the next 13 days.  

What the hell are you doing to use 7.5 GB in 3 days??   

16 minutes ago, seancbk said:

I pay 1000 THB a month for 14GB of 3G/4G Data and Wifi with AIS.   My package is from 12th to the 12th and I've only used 4GB so far this month, so have 10 GB to use in the next 13 days.  

What the hell are you doing to use 7.5 GB in 3 days??   

That is way too much to pay, especially if PrePaid.

You have a couple of alternatives. One is to buy a cheaper 'unlimited' package and simply apply add-ons as and when. 

This way you can get a similar amount of data for 550 baht, as opposed to 1000 baht.

The benefit of the system, is that you only pay for what you use. So if you only use, say 8 GB, you'll pay even less.

Even if you can afford it, the cash saved can go to a worthy cause.

The other option is to purchase an unlimited data capped speed plan. Again at a considerably lesser cost.

27 minutes ago, Expat2014 said:

Currently True are offering 12months sim card - 30GB per month @ max speed - 1190 baht pa

Calls to other True mobiles are free - that is about the best i found ????

Always useful to post a link; https://www.lazada.co.th/products/4g-full-speed-30gb-1-i363708371-s710346497.html

A good SIM for general browsing. 1 GB per day should cover it.

I'm not sure why they are suggesting registering the SIM via their Facebook page; https://www.facebook.com/simlnwsimtwo/

Perhaps as an alternative to having to visit a Truemove H service centre.

25 minutes ago, JamJar said:

Always useful to post a link; https://www.lazada.co.th/products/4g-full-speed-30gb-1-i363708371-s710346497.html

A good SIM for general browsing. 1 GB per day should cover it.

Just to qualify, it seems the speed on this sim is 4mbps, once allowance is used it drops to 128k.

Still seems a good deal.

5 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Where does it say 4mbps?

If you read the "questions about this product" on Lazada it states speed as 4 mbps.

I cannot put Thai txt here (rules)

"Product Details 4 Mbps Sim Card - 1 year internet usage without monthly waste" (Google translation)

1 minute ago, CharlieH said:

If you read the "questions about this product" on Lazada it states speed as 4 mbps.

Yes, i see what you mean, but everywhere else it says full speed. So i would expect it to be 30GB full speed, but maybe it's only 4mbps.

Since last year we are officially allowed to post small snippets of Thai, last year after i made this thread somebody changed the forum rules slightly to allow such cases:

6 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Yes, i see what you mean, but everywhere else it says full speed. So i would expect it to be 30GB full speed, but maybe it's only 4mbps.

Since last year we are officially allowed to post small snippets of Thai, last year after i made this thread somebody changed the forum rules slightly to allow such cases:

The 30GB relates to data usage NOT speed. 

And yes, being a Moderator I am fully aware of the rules and what is or isnt allowed. ????

24 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

"Product Details 4 Mbps Sim Card - 1 year internet usage without monthly waste" (Google translation)

I think he is describing the 1790 baht SIM in that reply. You might note that he doesn't mention the 30 GB limit, nor the throttling after the 30 GB limit is depleted.

Just now, JamJar said:

I think he is describing the 1790 baht SIM in that reply. You might note that he doesn't mention the 30 GB limit, nor the throttling after the 30 GB limit is depleted.

I dont know, if he his, he is clearly confused and mixing up the 2 products.

I was specific on which one I was talking about etc. ????

8 hours ago, Mikisteel said:

854.93 every month.

Includes:

Internet

Tv

1 unlimited data SIM

True.

3 years old now, no complaints.

this sounds like a great deal, although this cannot be decent speeds for internet surely?

(for video streaming, multiple devices etc)

On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 8:59 AM, gaviolit said:

I have home fiber, but I need connected all time also when I m in travel, so can t use only wifi spot

Why do you need to be connected at all times/

Genuine question.

You cannot take a few hours or a day off sometime?

If not why not?

Why is so important you. I'm genuinely interested. Not interested in a Kardashian arse, But you sound like a interesting person.

4 hours ago, CharlieH said:

I dont know, if he his, he is clearly confused and mixing up the 2 products.

I was specific on which one I was talking about etc. ????

I have no idea what this means. ???? Are you referring to a poster here?

I am referring to the seller of the SIM. I think the 4 Mbps reference in the reply on the Lazada website, is for another SIM, the unlimited 4 Mbps 1790 baht SIM and not the full speed 30 GB 1190 baht SIM. 

Since he is selling both kinds, I think that reply(on the Lazada website) is a mistake.

On 7/29/2019 at 12:26 PM, JamJar said:

Did you bother to read my post? Do I really need to re-post it?

If your SIM was activated before the 1st of Feb, you can renew your unlimited 1 Mbps package.

They still have three month, six month and 12 month 1 Mbps packs available, as well as 90 days of 4 Mbps and 90 days of 10 Mbps.

Search my posts for the USSD codes.

you don t need to re post, but you need to try , maybe my poor english, to understand.

AIS now DON T renew at same before. I have 10 years sim, i had these promo that you talk, but NOW they DON T give unlimited !!! They give ONLY 7,5 GIGA/month. You can try yourself on web site or AIS app. Or just go in ais shop. 

As Jamjar said, as long as you have had your Ais Sim before March 2019 , you can still get unlimited data albeit more expensive than previously , he has already given the codes on this forum.
It's no longer advertised as unlimited on their website but I assure you it still works, I just did one for 3 months @ 800baht for 1mbps unlimited.
Same deal 6 months ago was for6 months @ 600 baht.

you don t need to re post, but you need to try , maybe my poor english, to understand.
AIS now DON T renew at same before. I have 10 years sim, i had these promo that you talk, but NOW they DON T give unlimited !!! They give ONLY 7,5 GIGA/month. You can try yourself on web site or AIS app. Or just go in ais shop. 

Sent from my Redmi Note 6 Pro using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

20 hours ago, gaviolit said:

Yes. Perhaps your poor English doesn't understand the words, search, still available, USSD codes....

You'll get it .....eventually.

I'm not re-posting the codes any more, thanks to a few ungrateful idiots.

But to you, once again, 1 Mbps unlimited was still available, up until the 31st of July, as long as your SIM was registered prior to the 1st of Feb.

3 months 800 baht

6 months 1200 baht

12 month 1800 baht

Unfortunately for you, the relevant codes were valid until yesterday, the 31st of July.

You can thank Don Mega for me removing the relevant codes from the thread, where you would have had the opportunity to utilise them.

Archived