How much you pay for mobile internet?

gaviolit

Yes. Perhaps your poor English doesn't understand the words, search, still available, USSD codes....

You'll get it .....eventually.

I'm not re-posting the codes any more, thanks to a few ungrateful idiots.

But to you, once again, 1 Mbps unlimited was still available, up until the 31st of July, as long as your SIM was registered prior to the 1st of Feb.

3 months 800 baht
6 months 1200 baht
12 month 1800 baht

Unfortunately for you, the relevant codes were valid until yesterday, the 31st of July.

You can thank Don Mega for me removing the relevant codes from the thread, where you would have had the opportunity to utilise them.

Mate are you saying those unlimited datas are no longer available as of today ?

Sent from my SM-T280 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did you bother to read my post? Do I really need to re-post it?

If your SIM was activated before the 1st of Feb, you can renew your unlimited 1 Mbps package.

They still have three month, six month and 12 month 1 Mbps packs available, as well as 90 days of 4 Mbps and 90 days of 10 Mbps.

Search my posts for the USSD codes.

Well my sim was activated 15 years ago but I'm now on a data cap with that package so I don't know where you get that info from.

11 minutes ago, trd said:

Well my sim was activated 15 years ago but I'm now on a data cap with that package so I don't know where you get that info from.

Too bad you missed my post then. I've repeated it often enough and thanks to Don Mega, I removed the relevant codes from the thread.

It probably worth the pointing out that DTAC also has a similar new SIM promo;

Buy a new SIM and within seven days, apply;

*104*430# for 31 GB @ 4 Mbps, 100 baht per month. 

*104*100# for 101 GB @ 4 Mbps, 200 baht per month. 

*104*131# for 131 GB @ 4 Mbps, 250 baht per month.

If you have an existing DTAC SIM and it was activated before the 1st of March, you can still avail yourself of unlimited data capped speed packages;

90 days of 1 Mbps 802.50 baht *104*591#

90 days of 4 Mbps 1284 baht *104*594#

90 days of 10 Mbps 1926 baht *104*598#

• 4 weeks later...

New SIM offers for September;

DTAC;

*104*100# for 101 GB @ 4 Mbps, 200 baht per month. 

For the 1st month, then;

*104*433# for 31 GB @ 4 Mbps, 100 baht per month. 

*104*111# for 101 GB @ 4 Mbps, 200 baht per month. 

*104*133# for 131 GB @ 4 Mbps, 250 baht per month.

for months 2 until 12.

This so you can vary the package after testing for the first month.

The other networks auto-renew the starting package

AIS;

Pick up a new AIS 4G SIM and within seven days of opening, add at least 200 baht and then apply the code *777*909# 

That will get you 110 GB per month, capped at 4 Mbps(0.5 MB/s) for 200 baht per month.

Alternatively;

*777*918# for 32GB per month , capped at 4 Mbps(0.5 MB/s) for 100 baht per month.

Truemove H;

Pick up a new Truemove H 4G SIM and within seven days of opening, add at least 200 baht and then apply the code *900*9605# for 100 GB per month, capped at 4 Mbps(0.5 MB/s) for 200 baht per month

Alternatively;

*900*9604# for 30 GB per month at 100 baht per month. 

Truemove H package includes free in-network calls

Tourist SIM are not eligible..

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/1/2019 at 10:07 AM, JamJar said:

DTAC;

For the 1st month, then;

for months 2 until 12.

AIS;

Pick up a new AIS 4G SIM and within seven days of opening, add at least 200 baht and then apply the code *777*909# 

That will get you 110 GB per month, capped at 4 Mbps(0.5 MB/s) for 200 baht per month.

Alternatively;

*777*918# for 32GB per month , capped at 4 Mbps(0.5 MB/s) for 100 baht per month.

Truemove H;

Pick up a new Truemove H 4G SIM and within seven days of opening, add at least 200 baht and then apply the code *900*9605# for 100 GB per month, capped at 4 Mbps(0.5 MB/s) for 200 baht per month

Alternatively;

For future reference as things change and new promotions come out etc. , where is the official source that this information came from?

Also, can I (easily) transfer my number from an existing SIM, such as a Tourist/Traveller SIM, to a new SIM so I can take advantage of this?  I tried on my existing AIS traveller SIM that is a few years old and can confirm this didn't work.  Said "no longer eligible".

4 minutes ago, JamJar said:

Call them and ask them yourself.

Calling them is usually useless imo.  Most have no clue and don't speak English well enough to understand half the time.  I can usually get better info from a Thai website using Google translate.  Assuming the info is posted somewhere.

I went to the AIS office and they told me those cheap data promotions for new SIMs were finished.  Of course they then tried to sell sell me a new SIM anyways claiming the new promotion is 350baht a month for 1mbps.  Something I knew I could get on my current traveller SIM because is shows up on the MyAIS app.  Conveniently, they failed to tell me that part.

When I pointed that out I got the standard deer in the headlights look and they just clamed up because now they lost face or don't like farangs telling them they are wrong or catching them in a lie or whatever.  One of the more annoying things about trying to get stuff done in this culture.

I also asked about transferring my number from my current SIM to a new SIM.  Never really got an answer.  So in other words, the standard frustrating waste of time experience trying to deal with customer service at AIS trying to get anything other than the bare minimum simple as possible things done.

8 hours ago, shdmn said:

I went to the AIS office and they told me those cheap data promotions for new SIMs were finished.  Of course they then tried to sell sell me a new SIM anyways claiming the new promotion is 350baht a month for 1mbps.  Something I knew I could get on my current traveller SIM because is shows up on the MyAIS app.  Conveniently, they failed to tell me that part.

When I pointed that out I got the standard deer in the headlights look and they just clamed up because now they lost face or don't like farangs telling them they are wrong or catching them in a lie or whatever.  One of the more annoying things about trying to get stuff done in this culture.

I also asked about transferring my number from my current SIM to a new SIM.  Never really got an answer.  So in other words, the standard frustrating waste of time experience trying to deal with customer service at AIS trying to get anything other than the bare minimum simple as possible things done.

As you know, the new SIM promo has not ended. I don't know why your waste time and energy speaking to sales clowns, when you already have all of the information at your finger tips.

I already told you that transferring within the same network to qualify for the new SIM promotion is not possible.

14 hours ago, shdmn said:

For future reference as things change and new promotions come out etc. , where is the official source that this information came from?

Also, can I (easily) transfer my number from an existing SIM, such as a Tourist/Traveller SIM, to a new SIM so I can take advantage of this?  I tried on my existing AIS traveller SIM that is a few years old and can confirm this didn't work.  Said "no longer eligible".

With your SIM you have the option of unlimited data at 1 Mbps;

90 days 800 baht *777*7379#

6 months 1200 baht *777*7328#

12 month 1800 baht *777*7329#

Unlimited 4 Mbps

90 days 1284 baht *777*7398#

Unlimited 10 Mbps

90 days 1926 baht *777*7399#

15 hours ago, JamJar said:

As you know, the new SIM promo has not ended. I don't know why your waste time and energy speaking to sales clowns, when you already have all of the information at your finger tips.

I already told you that transferring within the same network to qualify for the new SIM promotion is not possible.

yes i confirm that AIS promotion has not ended yet.

and yes, so weird that people ASK anything to any sale person in Thailand.

in Thailand you do not ASK, you say that you WANT this and this, without asking them if it exist or is possible.

but maybe someone just arrived in Thailand and know nothing ?!

15 hours ago, JamJar said:

First you say call them, then you say don't waste your time talking to them.  You also claim you told me something that you didn't.  All you seem to be doing it talking down to people here and then acting like they are being ungrateful.  This stuff is changing all the time and they don't make it easy by openly advertising a lot of these thing and you are acting like it should be obvious.  

That's about all I have to say without violating rules by saying what I really want to you.

bickering removed.

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

DTAC;

For the 1st month, then;

for months 2 until 12.

AIS;

Alternatively;

Truemove H;

Alternatively;

thanks for the info!

what's is the experience like using 4mbs? can I use Google maps navigation with that speed?

thanks for the info!

what's is the experience like using 4mbs? can I use Google maps navigation with that speed?
U can do everything including smooth netflix or yt

Wysłane z mojego SM-G975F przy użyciu Tapatalka

On 9/17/2019 at 8:16 AM, phungo said:

thanks for the info!

Those unadvertised promotions are probably useless for most people.  First of all it only works for new SIMs.  And since you cannot transfer your existing phone number you cannot keep the same phone number.  And if you are just getting off the plane and trying to do this at the booth at the airport good luck with that.  If they wouldn't tell me how to do this, or even acknowledge it's possible, at the AIS office, I doubt they will do it at the airport where they are used to dealing with gullible tourists all day.

So about the only thing I can see it useful for is if you are ONLY using the SIM for data and want to keep jumping through hoops to renew every month because the codes probably change every month or maybe you might even need to buy a new SIM every month.  Even if they don't do that now, no guarantee they won't in the future.  Only 50 baht for a new basic SIM with no prepackaged addons but still, it's a hassle to have to go into the office with your passport to get that SIM.   So they don't make it easy to try take advantage of this promotion.

Those unadvertised promotions are probably useless for most people.  First of all it only works for new SIMs.  And since you cannot transfer your existing phone number you cannot keep the same phone number.  And if you are just getting off the plane and trying to do this at the booth at the airport good luck with that.  If they wouldn't tell me how to do this, or even acknowledge it's possible, at the AIS office, I doubt they will do it at the airport where they are used to dealing with gullible tourists all day.

So about the only thing I can see it useful for is if you are ONLY using the SIM for data and want to keep jumping through hoops to renew every month because the codes probably change every month or maybe you might even need to buy a new SIM every month.  Even if they don't do that now, no guarantee they won't in the future.  Only 50 baht for a new basic SIM with no prepackaged addons but still, it's a hassle to have to go into the office with your passport to get that SIM.   So they don't make it easy to try take advantage of this promotion.
could my wife's cousin who lives in bangkok buy one of these sim for me off of lazada and give them to me at the airport? no need for my passport?

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/ais-4mbps-32gb-128kbps-12-100-sim-i343138718-s667160280.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.1.73d45684aMMluF&search=1

could my wife's cousin who lives in bangkok buy one of these sim for me off of lazada and give them to me at the airport? no need for my passport?

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/ais-4mbps-32gb-128kbps-12-100-sim-i343138718-s667160280.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.1.73d45684aMMluF&search=1

Anyone can buy the sim off Lazada but you will probably need your passport to register/enable it .

13 minutes ago, phungo said:
37 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Anyone can buy the sim off Lazada but you will probably need your passport to register/enable it .

to register/enable it, I can do it at the shops at the airport?

You can only do it at official AIS offices/booths.  So pretty sure you can do it at the AIS booth at the airport otherwise there wouldn't be much use having a booth there.

Archived