BANGKOK
BurgerGung

Has anyone tried switching to Vegetarian food for 2 weeks?

50 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

Agreed, but much more in common with the herbivores...which was the point. Why you animal flesh eaters so defensive and sensitive??? 

Not sensitive if those vegetarians would not be so judgemental and let people be. Also trying to deny that we are omnivores is just crazy. Its like wanting to rewrite science. 

I have no problem with vegetarians, just with the judgemental ones. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Skeptic7 said:

Agreed, but much more in common with the herbivores...which was the point. Why you animal flesh eaters so defensive and sensitive??? 

Next time i am having a big steak i will think this over,never met a vegan i could get along with,they are soo sensitive!!!and also a bit on the defensive side.

Almost looks like they want to kill you.5555

• Sad 1

There’s a very nice vegetarian restaurant up the road from Tuc Com Pattaya, about 150 m up on the other side at the lights. If I lived nearer this place I could easily eat there 4/5 times a week. Can’t find’ anything in Jomtien, any addresses ?? I love the Indian vegetarian food but the lack of hygiene puts me right off !

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, geisha said:

...Can’t find’ anything in Jomtien, any addresses ?? I love the Indian vegetarian food but the lack of hygiene puts me right off !

https://www.happycow.net/

They list 62 restaurants including "Veg friendly".

"Cabbages & Condoms" is an interesting name for a restaurant.

Edited by JimmyJ
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, robblok said:

Not sensitive if those vegetarians would not be so judgemental and let people be. Also trying to deny that we are omnivores is just crazy. Its like wanting to rewrite science. 

I have no problem with vegetarians, just with the judgemental ones. 

Defensive , bullying and aggressive, must be something in the meat!  lol

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

Defensive, bullying and aggressive, must be all those pesticides on the veggies....

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

Defensive, bullying and aggressive, must be all those pesticides on the veggies....

Funny (for a meat eater)... anyway that aside... I have been veggie 44 years (long before it was 'fashionable') and never had an hour in any hospital all my life. Apart from being a little overweight (carbs damn them) I am super healthy, never give meat a second thought (accept to pat animals on the head) and have enjoyed life to the fullest. I will never regret choosing compassion over cruelty but I agree it is everyone's choice.

Hopefully, one day, humanity will evolve and respect the world, its environment and those sentient creatures who share it.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

Must be in your mind, as there was no bullying at all in that post. I guess the veggies went to your head. 

At least in an other post at least you agree its everyone's choice like I have always said. But got attacked by vegetarians anyway. Maybe the hulk syndrome from all those veggies turn green and aggressive 🤣

1 minute ago, robblok said:

Must be in your mind, as there was no bullying at all in that post. I guess the veggies went to your head. 

At least in an other post at least you agree its everyone's choice like I have always said. But got attacked by vegetarians anyway. Maybe the hulk syndrome from all those veggies turn green and aggressive 🤣

Well... whatever the truth of it we are back to a civilized level. Vegetarians do often see themselves defending those that need it most and several photos were posted here that show the real conditions. It is a hot button issue that stirs passions. I have always been pro-choice in anything - if it harms no living sentient thing. Anyway no movement on either side so... next!

4 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

I have always been pro-choice in anything - if it harms no living sentient thing.

This is where it goes sideways

Vegans believe they harm nothing yet eat living things. They believe since the plant has no face it has no consciousness

Yet many tests have shown plants react not only to outside physical stimulus but even mental.

I am not for one way or the other...I have just come to the conclusion in my life when I eat something I destroy/recycle it period

One food is not better than the other morally. Yes one way is more efficient takes less resources to create etc etc etc

Other than that I am not my brothers keeper anyway 😉

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

Well... whatever the truth of it we are back to a civilized level. Vegetarians do often see themselves defending those that need it most and several photos were posted here that show the real conditions. It is a hot button issue that stirs passions. I have always been pro-choice in anything - if it harms no living sentient thing. Anyway no movement on either side so... next!

Of course there is no movement the choice has been made by each of us and we live with it. I would never want to convince a a vegetarian to start eating meat. Their choice not mine. Just like to have the freedom of choice too. 

Just now, mania said:

This is where it goes sideways

Vegans believe they harm nothing yet eat living things. They believe since the plant has no face it has no consciousness

Yet many tests have shown plants react not only to outside physical stimulus but even mental.

I am not for one way or the other...I have just come to the conclusion in my life when I eat something I destroy/recycle it period

One food is not better than the other morally. Yes one way is more efficient takes less resources to create etc etc etc

Other than that I am not my brothers keeper anyway 😉

Nah plants are not sentient. Anyway no point trying to convince you either you feel compassion or you don't. Period.

• Like 1

Just now, robblok said:

Of course there is no movement the choice has been made by each of us and we live with it. I would never want to convince a a vegetarian to start eating meat. Their choice not mine. Just like to have the freedom of choice too. 

I agree but your freedom of choice causes pain and suffering mine does not. But your choice I agree.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

Nah plants are not sentient. Anyway no point trying to convince you either you feel compassion or you don't. Period.

Yeah keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better...Period

Edited by mania