Has anyone tried switching to Vegetarian food for 2 weeks?

BurgerGung

8 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

You really can eat raw pig or cow?

Steak tartar, usually made from raw beef or horse, and served with raw egg.

Sushi is quite popular, that's raw fish.

I prefer my carrots/peas/beans/turnips/etc. cooked.

I guess if you're hungry you'll eat anything available, most of us have so much choice we've become faddy eaters, some taking it to the extremes of mental illness.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Joe Mcseismic said:

Try eating a nice piece of fillet steak raw. It just melts in your mouth.....mmmmmm.

Or, how about that well known raw meat dish called steak tartar.

Any tough meat can be eaten raw if tenderized first.

Educate yourself before making a fool out of yourself.

Oh Chimps 'tenderize' now do they? the argument is moronic

14 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

No but i can eat apples, carrots and bananas. You really can eat raw pig or cow?  I call that BS. I made a perfectly valid point and you deflect again. I just proved that Chimps can eat raw and we cannot - we can only eat by COOKING - Chimps can do that can they?  Just listen to yourself.

Ever heard about filet american ? raw meat plenty of people eat it. Plenty of native people also eat raw intestines. So just give up we are omnivores not herbivores not carnivores. 

https://www.thedutchtable.com/2011/04/filet-americain.html

14 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

Oh Chimps 'tenderize' now do they? the argument is moronic

Chimps eat meat, they don't need to tenderize because they have stronger teeth and stronger jaw muscles.

You do no favours to your cause. You won't change anyone's mind by insulting them, trying to make them feel guilty, or denying easily verifiable facts.

26 minutes ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

Chimps eat meat, they don't need to tenderize because they have stronger teeth and stronger jaw muscles.

You do no favours to your cause. You won't change anyone's mind by insulting them, trying to make them feel guilty, or denying easily verifiable facts.

I insulted who? YOU were the one doing the insulting. I see you all avoid the world hunger issue. But I cant make a silk purse...

13 minutes ago, alan grice said:

Only thing bad about it, Vegetarians are such a pain in the but for some reason

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Yeah.......preachy, evangelical, convinced of the righteousness of their own point of view and dismissive of all dissenting views. They love to try to twist facts, but, facts are stubborn things that snap back into shape.

The year I was born, there were 2.7 billion people on the planet. Now there are over 7 billion people.

Meat eaters aren't the problem. Overpopulation is responsible for all our problems. Global warming, pollution, deforestation, habitat destruction, vegetarianism and many other things. Man as a species refuses to address this problem as it is too prickly, so nature will probably do something about it.

45 minutes ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

Yeah.......preachy, evangelical, convinced of the righteousness of their own point of view and dismissive of all dissenting views. They love to try to twist facts, but, facts are stubborn things that snap back into shape.

The year I was born, there were 2.7 billion people on the planet. Now there are over 7 billion people.

Meat eaters aren't the problem. Overpopulation is responsible for all our problems. Global warming, pollution, deforestation, habitat destruction, vegetarianism and many other things. Man as a species refuses to address this problem as it is too prickly, so nature will probably do something about it.

One day meat eating will be seen as barbaric but now go and console yourself you are right to ignore the misery and pain of animals. No point continuing this debate and I leave you to karma.

6 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

One day meat eating will be seen as barbaric but now go and console yourself you are right to ignore the misery and pain of animals. No point continuing this debate and I leave you to karma.

Oh, thank Gawd for that.......

I'm sure that one day people will be horrified that we had to manually steer our own cars killing tens of thousands of people annually instead of leaving it to AI.

In both cases, that day has not yet come.

1 minute ago, BobBKK said:

What about animals that eat other animals , will they be getting karma as well ?

On 8/2/2019 at 7:29 AM, robblok said:

We are omnivores we have always eaten meat even chimps eat meat. So don't act like we cant eat it or are not build for it. We certainly are NOT herbivores nor are we pure meat eaters.

I don't feel that whether the animals called humans were "built" or not built to eat meat is most important.

Humans were not built to be resistant to the rubeola virus.

But humans developed a vaccine and measles was almost eradicated.

Same with several other diseases.

Humans have a design flaw and hernias are common.

We were not built to repair the tear once there is a hernia, but humans have come up with a common operation to do this.

Humans now have numerous foods readily available that provide protein without eating dead animals. And delicious dishes can be prepared from them.

For those saying to speak of this is "boring", it is "self righteous" and "preaching" and "nutters",  these are the same things said of those who were early into the battle of banning cigarettes, and those who early on began warning of climate change, those who were in favor of the US government demanding seat belts in all vehicles and ticketing for not wearing them, and numerous other social issues to protect and improve society.

For me, those words translated simply mean "I cannot justify my stance, so go away and don't try to make me change my ways, reflect on my behavior,  and become socially conscious."

Eating dead animals or not is a health and a moral issue.

It is possible to eat a healthy, well balanced, nutritional diet without meat.

Raising animals for slaughter is immoral.

I have yet in this thread to read a comment even attempting to make a moral argument justifying this.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
Mahatma Gandhi

3 minutes ago, JimmyJ said:

I don't feel that whether the animals called humans were "built" or not built to eat meat is most important.

Humans were not built to be resistant to the rubeola virus.

But humans developed a vaccine and measles was almost eradicated.

Same with several other diseases.

Humans have a design flaw and hernias are common.

We were not built to repair the tear once there is a hernia, but humans have come up with a common operation to do this.

Humans now have numerous foods readily available that provide protein without eating dead animals. And delicious dishes can be prepared from them.

For those saying to speak of this is "boring", it is "self righteous" and "preaching" and "nutters",  these are the same things said of those who were early into the battle of banning cigarettes, and those who early on began warning of climate change, those who were in favor of the US government demanding seat belts in all vehicles and ticketing for not wearing them, and numerous other social issues to protect and improve society.

For me, those words translated simply mean "I cannot justify my stance, so go away and don't try to make me change my ways, reflect on my behavior,  and become socially conscious."

Eating dead animals or not is a health and a moral issue.

It is possible to eat a healthy, well balanced, nutritional diet without meat.

Raising animals for slaughter is immoral.

I have yet in this thread to read a comment even attempting to make a moral argument justifying this.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
Mahatma Gandhi

Right i disagree we are build to eat meat we can chose not to or chose to eat it I chose to eat it. Overpopulation is a far worse problem. I have not contributed to that (no kids)  i bet most vegetarians have. Hypocrites that is what they are. 

2 minutes ago, robblok said:

Right i disagree we are build to eat meat we can chose not to or chose to eat it I chose to eat it. Overpopulation is a far worse problem. I have not contributed to that (no kids)  i bet most vegetarians have. Hypocrites that is what they are. 

"Hypocrites that is what they are."  really?  I have no kids, you have no right to hijack that. Overpopulation is a terrible issue for humanity, obviously, but you deflect from the post topic. 

14 hours ago, sirineou said:

All of the above could be easily gotted from other sources without the fructose.

Thanks for posting that.  Very interesting information and some clues for me as to why I have high uric acid and some fatty liver deposits!  Will bring home a grocery bag of veggies this week not a grocery bag of fruit.

People should reduce their meat intake, it's not really healthy for you. But no need to become a 100% vegetarian I think. 

But the key here is balance. You need proteins, and plenty of vitamins and minerals so your body will stay in good shape until the end of your life. 

I eat oat meals, different types of fruits , nuts like brazil nuts, plenty of boiled eggs, salmon, veggies, blueberries. The only meat I eat are chicken and fish. 
But remember the proteins, a good source is kidney beans. Just mix it in salads daily and you  can forget about red meat. 

On 8/5/2019 at 6:25 AM, balo said:

People should reduce their meat intake, it's not really healthy for you. But no need to become a 100% vegetarian I think. 

But the key here is balance. You need proteins, and plenty of vitamins and minerals so your body will stay in good shape until the end of your life. 

I eat oat meals, different types of fruits , nuts like brazil nuts, plenty of boiled eggs, salmon, veggies, blueberries. The only meat I eat are chicken and fish. 
But remember the proteins, a good source is kidney beans. Just mix it in salads daily and you  can forget about red meat. 

Careful the vegetarians will be out for blood after this post. (how Ironic). I don't get why people can't just accept others choices and let them be. 

I agree 100% too much meat is not a good thing but 100% vegetarian is usually not a good thing either.  Just eat healthy some meat actually completes all the stuff you need for your body. I usually don't go overboard. 200 grams uncooked a day, some days nothing. 

On 8/4/2019 at 5:49 PM, robblok said:

No you became annoying Bob, let people do as they want. Its normal to eat meat your a minority stop preaching. Its boring. Vegans who have kids are worse then meat eaters who don't. Far more strain on the enviroment (the thing you and other vegans are using to force people to see it their way)

Is it that hard to accept that people eat meat and some don't. Its a personal choice, your kinda like those Muslims that like to kill non believers. Live and let live. 

Nah you're a bully and endorse cruelty to animals without a care in the world. Stop harassing me I already said stop yet you continue if there is a voice to be heard for animals who cannot defend themselves I will speak up despite you trying to repress freedom of speech.

33 minutes ago, robblok said:

Careful the vegetarians will be out for blood after this post. (how Ironic). I don't get why people can't just accept others choices and let them be. 

I agree 100% too much meat is not a good thing but 100% vegetarian is usually not a good thing either.  Just eat healthy some meat actually completes all the stuff you need for your body. I usually don't go overboard. 200 grams uncooked a day, some days nothing. 

"I don't get why people can't just accept others choices and let them be."

Because your argument is unrefined and you can't "get" that by eating meat animals go through tremendous suffering and  abuse. 

Do What Thou Wilt as long as it HARMS NONE.

8 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

"I don't get why people can't just accept others choices and let them be."

Because your argument is unrefined and you can't "get" that by eating meat animals go through tremendous suffering and  abuse. 

Do What Thou Wilt as long as it HARMS NONE.

You just living harms enough animals.. you encroach on their habitat. (just like all humans do) You have enough blood on your hands. So stop taking the moral high ground.

Accept that people have other views be more open minded it would do you good. 

You reply I wont stop.. easy. 

On 8/4/2019 at 3:05 AM, sunnyboy2018 said:

Peanuts are fattening. Psyllium should be consumed 1 or 2 teaspoons with a pint of water. The water is essential.  Psyllium can be bought cheaply under the name Sat Isgbol at India shops. Eggs are not vegetarian but are a perfect food source.  

Eggs are vegetarian - since they are not animal flesh - but not vegan.

Peanuts are legumes and are not fattening per se - owing to fibre and 'good' fat content that encourages a higher bodily metabolic rate, and provides long-lasting energy.   

I eat a lot of roasted (with peanut and/or sunflower oil) unsalted peanuts.

One thing I was surprised to find out is that they are credited with causing kidney stones.

This slowed me down for awhile with them and now I'm back to eating them but cutting back (or trying to) on my daily intake.

Also 160 calories/ounce.

Have never had stones and don't want them now.

Been a non-meat eater for 50 years since age 25. Hasn't done me any harm - quite the opposite in fact - and I don't miss it. Trouble is, unless the meat is obtained from pasture raised animals, with no hormone additives or 'other' food supplements, IMO, it's not fit for human consumption. 

Similarly, a vegetarian or vegan diet is not necessarily free from pesticide residues, albeit 'organic' grown veggies should be more healthy. 

I'm also moving away from dairy gradually to a plant-based nutrition diet, including small helpings of fruit. Fortunately, I don't get bored with salads and soup and my palate appreciates the taste. 

I don't eat 'wheat products', drink sugar-filled soft drinks, fruit juices, or packaged foods with a high sugar content. Read the labels. Sugar, is toxic, ought to be banned as a food and drink additive, as should non-whole grain wheat products. 

All in all, though, everyone's DNA is different, and if you care about good nutrition, your body will tell you what's good and what's bad for you. Read and experiment - because nutrition is NOT an exact science, and I accept what I've listed above could be overturned by new research.  

Archived