BANGKOK
BurgerGung

Has anyone tried switching to Vegetarian food for 2 weeks?

15 minutes ago, Mukdahanman said:

And not a very articulate one

Typical veggie with no sense of humour- you utter w####r

• Like 2

3 hours ago, simon43 said:

One problem of being a vegan is that certain minerals/vitamins that your body needs are not found in plant-based foods.  You must take supplements.  If you are a vegetarian, then it is possible to find these missing minerals in dairy products.

Likewise, a 100% meat diet will see you missing out on required minerals/vitamins that are only found in plant-based foods.

Hence the need to have a 'non-extremist' diet. Neither vegan nor 100% meat.

I'm not talking 'off the top of my head' here - I teach Human Digestion and Healthy Eating to high school students 🙂

nobody in  their right mind eats just 100% meat and nothing else.   Who would do that? 

9 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

nobody in  their right mind eats just 100% meat and nothing else.   Who would do that? 

Americans ? 🤣 Or Australians given their liking for the BBQ. 

Anyway just joking I believe in a balanced diet without too much processed stuff (if you want to be lean and healthy)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, robblok said:

I can find other articles where its busted.. so yea in my mind its convincing evidence. I am someone who has a lot of experience with diet and health and weight loss so I like to read up onto stuff.

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/the-blood-type-diet-review#section3

Having said that I am convince that everyone is a bit different and not everything works the same for everyone. But that its based on blood type is just crazy. 

Yes, I have noted that you consider yourself an expert on diet, personally at 64 years old I have never been on a diet or counted a calorie - no need.

Sport nutrition is light years ahead of the medical profession/industry, lets be honest "big Pharma" are not going to sell many drugs to a healthy population are they! there business model is to treat/mask illness with drugs, encouraging people to eat healthily is certainly not part of their agenda.

Genetic & blood typing is based on very sound principals, ("everyone is different") which you question, no doubt you will also think that the latest research where diet is tailored by DNA testing is also nonsense, personally I don't.

There are a lot of different opinions out there regarding diet as a lot of money is at stake, we have people stating that they only eat a vegetarian diet, I can believe that, but I cannot believe they are truly healthy. We have always been meat eaters, doubtless not as much as some eat these days and most certainly meat in the past was of better quality as food is now produced for maximum profit, not sustenance. 

11 hours ago, robblok said:

I count 2 pathetic comments.. unless you count mine as pathetic. I am not going to debate the moral points here would only end up with none of us changing their minds. 

But I am perfectly ok with your views no need to change them. I also perfectly ok with my choices. 

You don't have to debate anything with anyone here. All the information about health and nutrition, unnecessary cruelty and merciless slaughter of animals is on the Internet. If you choose to ignore the consensus that is up to you.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, CGW said:

Yes, I have noted that you consider yourself an expert on diet, personally at 64 years old I have never been on a diet or counted a calorie - no need.

Sport nutrition is light years ahead of the medical profession/industry, lets be honest "big Pharma" are not going to sell many drugs to a healthy population are they! there business model is to treat/mask illness with drugs, encouraging people to eat healthily is certainly not part of their agenda.

Genetic & blood typing is based on very sound principals, ("everyone is different") which you question, no doubt you will also think that the latest research where diet is tailored by DNA testing is also nonsense, personally I don't.

There are a lot of different opinions out there regarding diet as a lot of money is at stake, we have people stating that they only eat a vegetarian diet, I can believe that, but I cannot believe they are truly healthy. We have always been meat eaters, doubtless not as much as some eat these days and most certainly meat in the past was of better quality as food is now produced for maximum profit, not sustenance. 

Blood type is too general, I certainly don't oppose the idea that everyone is different (up to a certain extent). I have actually done genetic testing for sports and food. That is far more refined then the blood group diet. (still at its infancy though but promising the results i got back were pretty much what I already knew about my body) would have been more useful years ago (when it was not available). 

We have not been meat eaters we have been omnivores. Not sure why you think we are meat eaters. Our teeth and our intestines are far different from pure meat eaters. If you mean we have always eaten meat then I can agree with you. But certainly not exclusively meat eater. 

I tried it all and am lean enough to prove it (still want leaner). But if i let go and eat crap like pizza's and other fast foods all the time I will be out of shape in a few months. So what you eat is important. 

I like science I like testing things out and i like researching stuff about food and exercise. Still stuff like Keto did not work for me or at least not better as eating carbs (and much of the real science says the same thing keto has only a marginal edge if one is comparing it to healthy carbs and high proteins for sports people it is not that great if you want to build muscle). But it works for some people so i see it as viable just not for everyone as we are all different.

Anyway IMHO the blood group diet is bogus far to general (and I have given the scientific proof already), genetic testing certainly far better but needs to improve.

I don't need to count calories anymore I know ball park what i need and when I don't need to lose weight there is no need for me to stick to anything but eating healthy no processed carbs no sugary drinks. But I certainly tried counting calories at first to know what i need. I unfortunately have a slow thyroid and nothing to do about it as the medicine for it keep me awake. So even though I am at a disadvantage i stay lean now that i know how to eat. Now on a diet just to see how lean i can get (fitness model lean) not for health just to have a goal for working out and eating right. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ChrisKC said:

You don't have to debate anything with anyone here. All the information about health and nutrition, unnecessary cruelty and merciless slaughter of animals is on the Internet. If you choose to ignore the consensus that is up to you.

Yes i choose to ignore it given the amount of meat i eat it does not even add up to a whole pig in 3 years or more. So my impact is not that big. Impact of us humans displacing animal habitat is far bigger. 

29 minutes ago, robblok said:

Yes i choose to ignore it given the amount of meat i eat it does not even add up to a whole pig in 3 years or more. So my impact is not that big. Impact of us humans displacing animal habitat is far bigger. 

"People kill over one billion pigs annually, an average of 23 million pigs a week. Three countries kill about 85 per cent of the world's pigs: China, European Union (I know the EU is not one Country) and United States, respectively about 12 million, five million and two million per week"

I will ignore the only one pig in three years you eat that lives and dies unnecessarily - how much impact do you think there is about all the others??

Edited by ChrisKC
typo

1 hour ago, ChrisKC said:

"People kill over one billion pigs annually, an average of 23 million pigs a week. Three countries kill about 85 per cent of the world's pigs: China, European Union (I know the EU is not one Country) and United States, respectively about 12 million, five million and two million per week"

I will ignore the only one pig in three years you eat that lives and dies unnecessarily - how much impact do you think there is about all the others??

+1 for the Muslims. 🙏

8 hours ago, robblok said:

I count 2 pathetic comments.. unless you count mine as pathetic. I am not going to debate the moral points here would only end up with none of us changing their minds. 

But I am perfectly ok with your views no need to change them. I also perfectly ok with my choices. 

It's not necessarily pathetic but your comments make for great bed time reading. 15 seconds and I'm out. Ty

9 hours ago, ChrisKC said:

Look I am only responsible for what I do.. and by weight that is about one pig in 3 years probably even less. So I don't feel that bad about it and what others do is their own choice. Freedom of choice.