BANGKOK
BurgerGung

Has anyone tried switching to Vegetarian food for 2 weeks?

36 minutes ago, 473geo said:

I tried a fruit only week last week

After 3 days I developed a craving for meat and cheese and onion crisps

I  do exercise a lot, and in the heat, I reckon my body needed the salt

Gone off fruit for now

Though good in the short term to purge toxins, fruit only sounds like a lot of fructose .

Edited by sirineou
typo

On 7/27/2019 at 1:13 PM, BurgerGung said:

Couldn't add text to the link.

Well, I've been eating lots of raw peanuts (BIG C sells 500 grams for 43 and 44 Baht). They stimulate regularity and fill you up nicely. Hope this will help someone wanting to lose weight. 

Add Psyllium Husk, mix it with cold milk or let it turn the milk into some kind pf pudding, then eat it with fruit. It will also give your gut bacteria a workout. And lead to weight loss.

The docu is against eggs, but I found them to be great for a snack. Boiled eggs that is. 

Peanuts are fattening. Psyllium should be consumed 1 or 2 teaspoons with a pint of water. The water is essential.  Psyllium can be bought cheaply under the name Sat Isgbol at India shops. Eggs are not vegetarian but are a perfect food source.  

10 hours ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

What rubbish!

Animals eat meat because it is the best way to get calories.

Have you ever noticed in those documentaries on the African savannah that the herbivores are constantly eating whilst the carnivores have the time to take a nap? Without eating meat, Homo Sapiens would never have had the time to develop into what we are.

From an evolutionary stand-point, our domestic animals that we eat are wildly successful as their numbers would never have increased to what they are today. Nature doesn't care about individuals.

What are your feelings on natures other carnivores, you know, the ones that don't care about the feelings of their prey?

Congratulations on your personal decision not to eat meat for ethical reasons, but don't foist your personal decisions on other people, or, make judgement about those people according to your self-perceived righteousness and saintliness. It's boring at best.

We are what we eat and we're made out of meat!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Though good in the short term to purge toxins, fruit only sounds like a lot of fructose .

Fruits contain fibre, vitamins,  minerals, salt, anti oxidents and micronutrients . They are essential to a balanced diet.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

Fruits contain fibre, vitamins,  minerals, salt, anti oxidents and micronutrients . They are essential to a balanced diet.

I find the occasional raisin when I eat meusli and bran

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, BobBKK said:

We are not built for it and it causes world hunger/ Just be honest you eat it because you like it and don't care about animals - fair enough but just be honest.

Eating meat does not cause world hunger. Over population causes world hunger. I have no sentimental attachment to animals. I have no time for pious animal liberation front nutters and PETA who I regard a border line terrorists.  I go Vegetarian/vegan twice a week for health and weight reasons.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

All of the above could be easily gotted from other sources without the fructose.

• Like 2

On 7/31/2019 at 8:19 PM, Orton Rd said:

Tried it for 47 years still alive, I would not eat meat again if you paid me it's a filthy habit 😃

I'm right at about 47 years, too.  I do eat milk products and eggs

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, robblok said:

We are build for it and chimps eat meat too. You should be the one who needs to be honest. We are omnivores not herbivores. Science proves it. Sorry I just disagree with you. There are 3 categories, carnivore, omnivore, herbivore and we are omnivore. Meaning we can eat meat herbivores cannot. We can eat both. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/quora/2016/12/23/how-humans-evolved-to-be-natural-omnivores/

Chimps eat meat raw - can you?

10 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

Eating meat does not cause world hunger. Over population causes world hunger. I have no sentimental attachment to animals. I have no time for pious animal liberation front nutters and PETA who I regard a border line terrorists.  I go Vegetarian/vegan twice a week for health and weight reasons.

WRONG you are simply WRONG and I suggest doing at least a minuscule piece of searcher before posting.

The world has more than enough food for humans.

"In 2011, 883 million tons of corn, and 260 million tons of soybeans were grown globally. However, on average, 40-50% of that corn, and 80% of those soybeans are fed to farmed animals, rather than being eaten directly by humans. In 2013, scientists from the Institute on the Environment and the University of Minnesota published a study examining agricultural resources (including meat, dairy, and egg production) and the dilemma of world hunger. The scientists reached the conclusion that if all food crops were fed directly to humans instead of animals, around 70% more food would be added to the world’s supply, which would be enough to feed 4 billion additional people. That sudden surplus alone would be enough food to feed over half the humans on earth, let alone the 925 million who face hunger every day."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

What rubbish!

Animals eat meat because it is the best way to get calories.

Have you ever noticed in those documentaries on the African savannah that the herbivores are constantly eating whilst the carnivores have the time to take a nap? Without eating meat, Homo Sapiens would never have had the time to develop into what we are.

From an evolutionary stand-point, our domestic animals that we eat are wildly successful as their numbers would never have increased to what they are today. Nature doesn't care about individuals.

What are your feelings on natures other carnivores, you know, the ones that don't care about the feelings of their prey?

Congratulations on your personal decision not to eat meat for ethical reasons, but don't foist your personal decisions on other people, or, make judgement about those people according to your self-perceived righteousness and saintliness. It's boring at best.

You are unrefined and I see that from your post but, hey, I understand that. We are not like animals, we have ethics, principals and can send people to the moon - that is a pathetic and unintelligent argument. I accept that in the past we had to eat meat, just as we had no laws, killed who we want and were savages. We are beyond that now, well some of us.

I am not 'foisting' on anyone am I? I understand that someone like you cannot conceive of a moral argument but I am entitled to put my well thought out view here without YOU telling me I am self-righteous. Boring is not debating intelligently and attacking the poster.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

Chimps eat meat raw - can you?

If need be yes... just admit it it becomes boring. We evolved with meat and its what we can eat and digest. You are just over the edge now. Just admit that your wrong and that we can eat both meat and veggies and its up to people what they eat not to moralist like you. 

We certainly are not 100% herbivores.. can you eat grass ? 

Edited by robblok
  • Confused 1

Just now, robblok said:

If need be yes... just admit it it becomes boring. We evolved with meat and its what we can eat and digest. You are just over the edge now. Just admit that your wrong and that we can eat both meat and veggies and its up to people what they eat not to moralist like you. 

We certainly are not 100% herbivores.. can you eat grass ? 

No but i can eat apples, carrots and bananas. You really can eat raw pig or cow?  I call that BS. I made a perfectly valid point and you deflect again. I just proved that Chimps can eat raw and we cannot - we can only eat by COOKING - Chimps can do that can they?  Just listen to yourself.

6 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

No but i can eat apples, carrots and bananas. You really can eat raw pig or cow?  I call that BS. I made a perfectly valid point and you deflect again. I just proved that Chimps can eat raw and we cannot - we can only eat by COOKING - Chimps can do that can they?  Just listen to yourself.

Try eating a nice piece of fillet steak raw. It just melts in your mouth.....mmmmmm.

Or, how about that well known raw meat dish called steak tartar.

Any tough meat can be eaten raw if tenderized first.

Educate yourself before making a fool out of yourself.

Edited by Joe Mcseismic
  • Haha 1