Not getting the required tax forms or the whole "tax return" $$s

Howdy,

did you get the school's tax form(s)? I haven't. It's now the end of July. They promised to handle the filing, but there has been no payment.

If you have been working the whole year, we are talking thousands of Baht. Go get your refunds!

Errm, what to do if they don't comply with the tax law? The deadline was back in March. I just wonna get paid now

If they comply with everything else, such as work permit and required documents as well as regular salury then I gues you should ask the school for the tax forms.

That seems to be the logic way to start. If they do not follow any of the above regulations, do not expect them to be connected to any kind of tax either.

• 4 weeks later...

1st question: Do you have a Thai TIN? (Tax Identification Number) If "No" then you're already screwed and there's no refund. If "Yes" then you can keep getting your monthly salary and just go to the tax office yourself and make the monthly payment or you can wait until the end of the tax year and file to see how much you owe.

As for the form from the school, go ask the finance officer (every school has 1) and if they refuse then you can either report them to the labor office or find a new job.

If they give you the form, make sure your TIN is listed or it won't help anyway.

Archived