Chalong Mayor to give away five tons of free mangosteen

rooster59

Chalong Mayor to give away five tons of free mangosteen 

By The Phuket News

1564199712_1.jpg

Chalong Mayor Samran Jindapol bought the fruit at low cost from Phang Nga. Photo: PR Dept

PHUKET: Chalong Mayor Samran Jindapol will hand out five tons of free mangosteen to the public tomorrow (July 28) as a gesture of goodwill.

The mayor told The Phuket News this week, “I knew that the mangosteen is low cost at the moment, from B5-8 per kilogram in Phang Nga province. I felt sorry for them. I wanted to help them. So I bought five tons of mangosteen from them.”

The mangosteen will be handed out from 7:30am at Suk Samran fresh market near Country Home in Chalong (see map below). Both Thais and foreigners are welcome, but there will be a limit of three kilograms per person and the mayor has kindly asked that the fruit is not sold on.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/chalong-mayor-to-give-away-five-tons-of-free-mangosteen-72288.php#hZlos82Yc77dQLWh.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-07-27

13 hours ago, legend49 said:

no market for them?

it's a super fruit and really nice as long as you remember there is stone in the middle. this is one of the best fruits that is grown in Thailand. very good for you and so refreshing.

Archived