FLR(m) - Supporting documents

42 minutes ago, globalThailand said:

Uft... just checked my Council Tax bills and I have this year and 2017... but can't find 2018! 

I'm tempted to use the 2017 bill though - it's more than 2 years but surely that won't be a sticking point (ie proving we have been living together at the same address for more than the last 2 years)

Also just checked my Gas bill - frustratingly it's addressed to 'Mr. MyName & others'.  Though the letter does go on to name us both in the intro ie 'Dear Mr X and Mrs X'... would that count?   

If you are really struggling ask the council if they can send out a duplicate of the 2018 bill. Also, you could get your wife to apply for a prepaid credit card (no credit checks) and you will get it in a couple of days. 

I've struggled with this in past. 

• 3 weeks later...

Sooo... I was about to hit the submit button - checked over the questions and wanted to change an answer but I can't seem to be able to!

There's a question about how other people would be affected if your visa is refused... I remember answering it... the question and answer is on the PDF I can download... Problem is the question is no longer listed in the pull down summary of your answers.

...Am I faced with potentially starting again? O.o  

Uft! Panic over... I would tentatively blame user error but boy they don't make this easy!

The PDF doc of the 'incomplete' form is organised in a different way than the tabbed question order you complete online.   It annoyingly follows the online form for a few pages - then throws in a mix of personal info from questions you answered later in the form - then seems to pop more 'personal detail' answers later on in the documents section.  Odd...

On 8/31/2019 at 11:30 PM, magicroundabout said:

If you are really struggling ask the council if they can send out a duplicate of the 2018 bill. Also, you could get your wife to apply for a prepaid credit card (no credit checks) and you will get it in a couple of days.

Ideally you need the latest. My local council sent me one with no bother.

Thanks rasg, managed to find what I was looking for on the council website - there's a portal you can find all your old bills so I have the 2018 one.

We finally submitted the application - after spending over £2k on the visa and IHS I'm now kinda regretting not paying the extra £45 for the scanning lol!   Looks like the next few evenings are going to be filled scanning all this... any chance I can change my mind? ???? 

You can take all of your documents to the appointment with you and you should. At my wife's appointment back in April they were quite happy to scan any documents that had been missed. I preferred doing it myself as I wanted to make sure that nothing was missed but that is one of the main reasons for the appointment apart from your wife's biometrics. It didn't cost anything. Don't bother scanning your wife's passport. They use a special scanner.

If you do online banking, you can download your bank statements in PDF and upload them, no need for any scanning. For all other documents, scan them in 'black & white' or 'greyscale' to PDF, and it should give each file size around 500KB. The file size limit is 6MB (I think) so you can afford to combine some of them to one file if needed, like 12 wage slips at 500KB a pop, but its not necessary.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/19/2019 at 11:21 PM, rasg said:

[...] Don't bother scanning your wife's passport. They use a special scanner.

Did you attempt to upload any passport scan prior to the appointment?  Seeing as it's one of the few that's listed as mandatory I'm thinking to at least upload the photo page.

LOL... just realised it's 2 weeks since my last post and I'm still not done with the scans!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived