Australian pair’s ‘misunderstanding’ puts Phuket Airport taxis and van services in spotlight

rooster59

14 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

We can write on here all we want, and officials can talk all they want, but everyone knows that in five, 10 years and into infinity nothing at all will change.

I beg to differ; the way things are going there won't be any Tourists for them to rip off....KARMA.  !

37 minutes ago, trainman34014 said:

I beg to differ; the way things are going there won't be any Tourists for them to rip off....KARMA.  !

Yep! This will be the final nail in Thailand's tourist industry.

The 4,983,455,793,481,754,945th final nail. They must have worn out tons of hammers.

9 hours ago, HiSoLowSoNoSo said:

Could they not have a Farrang or an English speaking person to proof read their rate sign? (From Phuket Airrort )

They did and the sign is nearer to being correct than many believe it to be.  A rort is 

1 A wild or noisy celebration.  People have a noisy celebration when they arrive or leave.

2 A dishonest scheme or practice.  Many taxi drivers, etc., fit that into that category.

3 To falsify or manipulate something to personal advantage dishonestly or fraudulently.  Look no further than everyday occurances within the country at many levels.

'nuf sed.

5 hours ago, Just Weird said:

The tip of the "iceburg"?  That's ironic in the context of your ridicule of Pattaya's authorities.

Rserchae hsa shwno that engshli seentnces aer perfctlye nudertsadntlbe fi lal eth ttelers rae tnesesrp btu tno cesslarynei in het tcerroc rdeor.

Please forgive any spelling misnakes, it's not that easy!

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.mrc-cbu.cam.ac.uk/people/matt.davis/cmabridge/&ved=2ahUKEwjVp53g2NfjAhUWknAKHSG4BXwQFjABegQIEBAG&usg=AOvVaw0V5JAoYj8QCxVYdIQodaL-&cshid=1564319762509

4 hours ago, Pilotman said:

why did they fine you, no helmet, no licence or insurance, doing something against the traffic laws.  They always have a reason to stop you.  If you were in the wrong, whatever happened with the cops, it was your fault that you got caught in the first place.  

I find Thai police rarely ‘fine’ traffic offenders without valid reason. Usually it is the offenders who enable the fine due to non adherence to traffic rules... why did tourists in Thailand commit traffic violations that they knew were unacceptable in their own countries? Maybe they knew in Thailand, they can buy their way out if caught out.   

Its just a mafia concept going on since years involving the local police a d government.  As simply it is. While i read a out " missu dersta ding" It's NOT a missunderstandig. A simple ripp off. And police is supporting it

14 hours ago, Grusa said:

Rserchae hsa shwno that engshli seentnces aer perfctlye nudertsadntlbe fi lal eth ttelers rae tnesesrp btu tno cesslarynei in het tcerroc rdeor.

Please forgive any spelling misnakes, it's not that easy!

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.mrc-cbu.cam.ac.uk/people/matt.davis/cmabridge/&ved=2ahUKEwjVp53g2NfjAhUWknAKHSG4BXwQFjABegQIEBAG&usg=AOvVaw0V5JAoYj8QCxVYdIQodaL-&cshid=1564319762509

Very good but, unfortunately for your comment, all the letters required for the word "iceberg" where not in his version of the word, even so, I didn't have any difficulty understanding his meaning.  

I was pointing out the irony of his remark (in the context of his complaining about Pattaya authorities' bad spelling), you may want to look up that word.

On 7/28/2019 at 9:04 AM, Lucius verus said:

I never go near that awful place but why don't tourists book with hotels that have transfers from Phuket airport to downtown? Any extra cost is well worth it not to mention stress free arrival.

Sounds like a plan?  Maybe not.

My ex operates one of the overnight hotels close to the airport that I built around 2012.  Her business is 100% legal, has all required licences, pays all required taxes.

Yet she is forbidden by airport rules from collecting her pre-booked guests when they arrive at the airport. They will only allow her to do this if she purchases a commercial minibus - private cars, even those used by registered hotels, are forbidden from meeting their hotel guests within the airport boundaries.

8 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Very good but, unfortunately for your comment, all the letters required for the word "iceberg" where not in his version of the word, even so, I didn't have any difficulty understanding his meaning.  

I was pointing out the irony of his remark (in the context of his complaining about Pattaya authorities' bad spelling), you may want to look up that word.

And my comment was addressing his concerning signs to "trough". 

But snakth rof ruoy mmoctnes

On 7/28/2019 at 3:57 AM, darksidedog said:

It is interesting that both Phuket and Pattaya have problems with taxis and other transport providers ripping their customers off continuously, while at the same time both places are suffering from a serious lack of customers. One wonders if the penny will ever drop and the connection between the two made.

Don't be a fool man. Prices have to raise in bad times!! Where have you been. A friend told me that when the condos he was staying in had few long term tenants, the owner put the prices up as less money was coming in. So he left! 

Archived