TM 30 Confusion and Paranoia -- Specific Advice Sought

31 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I hear you but I won't be changing to marriage. That's interesting though because I might be changing to Elite in which case I would probably follow the advice of filing one after a trip. 

Wait ...what??  Sorry but why would you give away 500k forever when you can just put 800k in the bank that you keep?  In five years you will be stuck again. To save 300k that you don’t have available??  

I can’t see a reason for doing this, unless you have no money other than 500k total savings, it didn’t seem you were in this position from past postings.  I think you have to find another way.  Borrow the missing  $9-10K and pay interest on it if you have to and put it in the bank, then you will have it forever, sell something, do both???

4 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I think you're not getting the SPECIFICITY of my situation. It's specifically about people that OWN their own condos reporting at Jomtien.  Never required before.

It seems to me given the history it might be asked for trouble to start filing a TM30 now.

Of course I don't know. 

You are a foreigner in Thailand and have to submit a TM30. It doesn't have to be submitted by you. Why should a condo owner in Jomtien, Chonburi,who is not Thai, not submit a TM30? You are the possessor of the condo,as they call it.

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Again, I do 90 day reports in person regularly and NEVER even word one about the need for a TM30, which again, I have never done even once. 

This is really about a specific class of people. 

Jomtien office.

Condo owners.

General info is not relevant. 

"This is really about a specific class of people"??

What are you talking about?

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

You are a foreigner in Thailand and have to submit a TM30. It doesn't have to be submitted by you. Why should a condo owner in Jomtien, Chonburi,who is not Thai, not submit a TM30? You are the possessor of the condo,as they call it.

Because that is what Jomtien immigration says (if on "retirement visa").

(Compare to the fee for a residence certificate. According to law there is no fee, but Jomtien immigration charges 300 thb. You basically do what they say ... )

29 minutes ago, amykat said:

Wait ...what??  Sorry but why would you give away 500k forever when you can just put 800k in the bank that you keep?  In five years you will be stuck again. To save 300k that you don’t have available??  

I can’t see a reason for doing this, unless you have no money other than 500k total savings, it didn’t seem you were in this position from past postings.  I think you have to find another way.  Borrow the missing  $9-10K and pay interest on it if you have to and put it in the bank, then you will have it forever, sell something, do both???

You are absolutely correct. Waisting money on an Elite visa is not very smart.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, GermanGuy said:

(Compare to the fee for a residence certificate. According to law there is no fee, but Jomtien immigration charges 300 thb. You basically do what they say ... )

What are you talking about? The Certificate of Residence is not same as a TM30. The TM30 is free. The Certificate of Residence you need  for a driver's license and when you buy a car or a motorbike. I live in Jomtien, understand? 

1 hour ago, balo said:

I only rent, but I am in the same situation , never filled out a TM30 in my life.  I have been asked about my address when I visited immigration 6 months ago and they just checked on their computer screen that I had the same address for many years.  
At the same time I had been travelling both inside and outside of Thailand , and never been asked for TM30 .

So I have decided to just take my chances and if asked to pay a fine I am ready to pay 2000 baht or whatever it is. 

Then someone else submitted the TM30 for you, otherwise she wouldn't have your address in the computer. Then they would have fined you 1600 Baht.

8 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

What are you talking about? The Certificate of Residence is not same as a TM30. The TM30 is free. The Certificate of Residence you need  for a driver's license and when you buy a car or a motorbike. I live in Jomtien, understand? 

Please read also my tm30 report (post #19).

I just used the well-known fee for residence certificates as an example to illustrate, that different immigration offices have different rules/interpretations even though the law is supposed to be the same (to answer your "Why").

Edited by GermanGuy
typo

Most friends who had no TM30 in passport the day of extension, were sent to office or counter 10? to file address first. Some were fined, some not. 

Last 6 months... 

Really no issue to discuss over and over for 2 years. 

Easy enough to comply with rules here. Try a few other countries....

And Jomtien is and has been good for years. MS>

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, moonseeker said:

Most friends who had no TM30 in passport the day of extension, were sent to office or counter 10? to file address first. Some were fined, some not. 

Last 6 months... 

Which imm office?

1 hour ago, amykat said:

The pros and cons of the Elite card is a separate issue. It's been discussed extensively elsewhere. I didn't say I would be doing it but it's an option. 

52 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

"This is really about a specific class of people"??

What are you talking about?

I already said and another member added to that.

The class of people that --

Use Jomtien office

Own their own condo and live in it

Are on retirement extensions

1 hour ago, Max69xl said:

I already explained this. Jomtien office has NOT been requiring this for people in the situation that I am in, and there are a LOT of us --

Use Jomtien office

This topic is meant to ask if that long standing policy has changed.

Cheers.

Edited by Jingthing

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

The pros and cons of the Elite card is a separate issue. It's been discussed extensively elsewhere. I didn't say I would be doing it but it's an option. 

Yes well I won’t harass you too much, but the pros and cons whatever they are ...are usually exclusive to the under 50 crowd, and your post might pass by others who don’t know you ....but I worry about you when you say things like that.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, amykat said:

Yes well I won’t harass you too much, but the pros and cons whatever they are ...are usually exclusive to the under 50 crowd, and your post might pass by others who don’t know you ....but I worry about you when you say things like that.

Thanks for your concern.

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I already explained this. Jomtien office has NOT been requiring this for people in the situation that I am in, and there are a LOT of us --

Use Jomtien office

This topic is meant to ask if that long standing policy has changed.

Cheers.

And you have been told there has been not ONE report of that. Hopefully someone that reports to jomtien will be along soon to confirm your paranoia to enable you to file tm30. Very easy at your imm office. Not easy trip to CW

24 minutes ago, moonseeker said:

Last 6 months... 

Do you know any people that were required to deal with a TM30 at extension time that meet the class of people I'm talking about here?

Use Jomtien office

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

And you have been told there has been not ONE report of that. Hopefully someone that reports to jomtien will be along soon to confirm your paranoia to enable you to file tm30. Very easy at your imm office. Not easy trip to CW

We had a recent report here confirming the lack of need for a TM30 for the specified class of people. 

Yes of course open to hearing contrary reports but only meeting that criteria. 

• Like 1

Why are some members replying to this topic when they clearly have no idea how it works in Jomtien ? :ermm:

Jomtien Immigration has a policy to NOT require TM30 for people who already get a Retirement Extension at their office. :cool:

To the OP: I am in the same case. I live in my condo and have never ever made a TM30 report. I have never been asked for one either (and my last extension was in June).

And BTW, I tried twice - with 1 year delay between - to made this TM30 report and they just refused me, insisting they didn't need it for retirees already in their system, as long as they don't change address.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

Why are some members replying to this topic when they clearly have no idea how it works in Jomtien ? :ermm:

Jomtien Immigration has a policy to NOT require TM30 for people who already get a Retirement Extension at their office. :cool:

To the OP: I am in the same case. I live in my condo and have never ever made a TM30 report. I have never been asked for one either (and my last extension was in June).

And BTW, I tried twice - with 1 year delay between - to made this TM30 report and they just refused me, insisting they didn't need it for retirees already in their system, as long as they don't change address.

Yes. Exactly. Super Bingo.

But given it's been in the news that the national immigration heavies are getting hard core with the TM30's it seemed reasonable to me to ask if there may have been a change related to that for this class of people that have not been required in the past.

• Like 1

// it seemed reasonable to me to ask if there may have been a change related to that for this class of people that have not been required in the past.

I would say the same thing that UbonJoe in post #4 :

6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I have seen no reports for Jomtien that indicates that Jomtien has changed their policy for when TM30 reports.

:thumbsup:

Yes. Exactly. Super Bingo.

But given it's been in the news that the national immigration heavies are getting hard core with the TM30's it seemed reasonable to me to ask if there may have been a change related to that for this class of people that have not been required in the past.

No its not. Read post from pattaya46. 

Geezuz...no wonder you have 52k posts. 

Chill pill in order

BTW the fine in CW is 800baht. 

1 hour ago, GermanGuy said:

https://www.thethailandlife.com/tm30-guide

Read this and weep. It explains everything about the TM30,and who needs to submit it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Chill pill in order

Sorry. I don't agree. I think it was worth asking. If you don't like what you're reading here, nobody is forcing you. 

I won't even click it as I assume it doesn't cover different policies in different offices. 

If you can read then you must have noticed that Immigration all over Thailand are getting tougher concerning the TM30. There are no special class,you are just ignorant.

4 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

// Read this article about the TM30.

Even a condo owner with long stay visa needs to submit a TM30.

No ! Not in Jomtien for retirees !

1 hour ago, Max69xl said:

Because it's the rule that Jomtien Immigration decided to apply ! :cool:

Edited by Pattaya46

10 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Chill pill in order

The official fine for not submitting the TM30 is 1600 Baht in Jomtien.

2 hours ago, Max69xl said:

You must for some reason have fallen between the cracks. Everybody needs the Notification of Stay,someone has to fill in the TM30. ..... The last 2 years Immigration in Jomtien has been very clear about the importance of the TM30.

More of a chasm than a crack, and there must be hundreds if not thousands of retirees in Jomtien who have fallen into it, including me.

I have been told several times by Immigration at Jomtien that as a retiree and a condo owner I do NOT have to file a TM30 after any trip away from my condo, as long as I am returning to my condo. That includes trips inside and outside Thailand.

I always do my 90-day reporting in person and on time, and I have never been asked for a TM30 when doing it, or when getting things like residence certificates or re-entry permits.