TM 30 Confusion and Paranoia -- Specific Advice Sought

4 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Based on some relevant reports here the answer appears to be NO.

I believe that is the correct answer, I extended my retirement three weeks ago (Udon) TM30 was never mentioned, keeping money in the bank for three months was!

2 hours ago, brian1314 said:

Here's a quick heads up on what I experienced at CW on 24/25 July regarding TM30s. I know it is a different office but it gives an idea of just how seriously immigration are taking TM30s at the moment.
I had major problems - despite having had retirement extensions for the past eight years on income.  
I ended up speaking to the captain who asked where my TM30 was, I sad that my landlord reported me online and it should be on her system. Rather than check she told me to go to section B and register. There were about 200/300 other people in the same situation. There were so many people there that an IO came out to check documents before the registration process. 
She was turning many people away because the residential contract, TM30 and visa application were not all in the same name.
I told her that the owner of my condo had registered me online already, so she then sent me back to see the captain.
The captain now informed me that the system was closed for the night and that I needed to get a copy from my landlord of the TM30 registration.
Next morning I went into the condo office where they confirmed that I was already registered, but to be on the safe side they input my registration again, printed off a copy, stamped, signed and noted.
Back to immigration again clutching my copy of the document, but when I saw the captain again she asked for a copy of the building owner's ID card and tabien paan.  I told her that she had not asked for that on the previous visit so I didn't have it. I also told her that it ws not an individual that registered me but a company trading as the condo - this made no difference.
I was given a 60 day retirement extension and told to have all the requested documents on my return.
There were many, many more hassles in completeing the process and the TM30 fiasco was just a small part of what actually happened.
I have been getting non-imm O extensions for the best part of a decade and never before have I had so much trouble. this is also the first time ever that I have been asked to produce a TM30.
One thing the captain told my wife was that "the big boss" was coming down VERY hard on any IO who issued a visa incorrectly and that this was being passed on to applicants. To say they gave me a hard ride is very much of an understatement.

I was there on the 25th also for an extension and not a word was mentioned about TM30, even though the GF already registered me online, I intentionally kept quiet and didn't ask or present anything TM30 related either.

Paid the fee, 10 minutes later, passport with extension stamp received, and i'm off to the races.....

Must have been my lucky day.

19 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

At the moment Jomtien does not ask for a TM30 receipt for long stay extensions, 90 day reports or resident certificates. so its unlikely you will be asked for one unless you change type of extension etc. Like you, I own and had never done a TM30 and was never asked until I switched to a marriage extension.

I just told them I did a report years ago when the TM30 room was the photocopy room. I had to go and get a new receipt but no fine. I have since done a new report after a re-entry, never been asked, and have now registered for the online system.

As others have said, just do one at your leisure one day next time you return from a trip. Keep it in passport.

Longer term, register for the online system

I went for a residence certificate in December. I had to file a TM30 before I could apply for the residence certificate. I was on an O-A extension. 

yes, yes, for years.  so what?  the law sez foreigners have to be registered via TM30.  not surprising laws are not equally enforced throughout the realm.

for years and years CW did not require a TM30 from anyone.  i've read some were turned away when they tried to file.  if you asked the same question about CW six months ago, the response would be "for years and years......"

things change, sometimes overnight.
"past performance is no guarantee of future results."
be prepared.
Recent reports here say no change for the class of people specified.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

If that's really the case then it's pretty stupid of them to have that double standard. Just either get rid of that stupid TM30 or make all foreigners do it when they re-enter the country, not just people on tourist visas.
No doubt but that is not the question here. I would happily trade any break on tm30 for the option of getting an income letter from my embassy. It's not about what's fair or consistent. Its about what is.

NOT mandatory for all! For tourists, yes, but not for retirees !
FYI I made my Retirement Extension in Jomtien last month (June), never made a TM30 (I live in my condo) and have not been asked for any TM30... as usual. :cool:
Thanks for that but understanding there are no guarantees.

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Do you own a condo and live in it?

No, and I understand that my answer does not help you. The poster I quoted said a TM30 was not required for a residence certificate, but they forced me to register for a TM30 before I could apply for the Residence Certificate.

I think you will be fine, as per UJ's response, and as you know, that could have changed 5 minutes ago. ???? 

• Thanks 1

And so it goes on and on and on,

They only thing all these TM30 threads have achieved is to prove the the Immigration offices are consistently inconsistent.

Those petitioning can forget the TM30 being revoked, it can't be, because it is used by all the hotels and guesthouses as a means of monitoring guests to the country.

The very best they can hope for is a clear directive from the top of how it is to be applied by ALL IMMIGRATION OFFICES across the country.

1 hour ago, OffshoreMig said:

book into a hotel for a night and ask them to register you. it is the owners responsibility. 

Yes they would do but as I've said already when I return I've never filed a TM30 for living in my condo (Jomtien office, retirement) and I don't see any evidence yet that I would need to currently either.

3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Yes they would do but as I've said already when I return I've never filed a TM30 for living in my condo (Jomtien office, retirement) and I don't see any evidence yet that I would need to currently either.

Which is how it should be if you own the property you’re staying at.

On 7/28/2019 at 5:36 PM, Jingthing said:

Thanks but in the context of my request, if I have NEVER filed a TM30 in over ten years, have NEVER been asked for one, always had a phone bill accepted at extensions, and as you say NOTHING CHANGED, then what I conclude from what you're telling me is that I should take NO action at all. 

Same here!

In 43 years living here I have never been asked or filed a TM30, whatever that is.

Not while living in BKK and now near Pattaya.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Jingthing said:

As strange as this sounds I don't think that is a great idea. It might be at a small office. At Jomtien the person you will be asking will be some front line clerk that has questionable knowledge.

But will tell you what he thinks he knows anyhow! 

10 hours ago, Thailand J said:

OP is well informed. He does not need advice. He knows all the pros and cons. He needs to make a decision.

Yes. I already have which you would know if you read the thread.

I will take no action and proceed as I have been without any TM30 filings unless of course somebody has a credible report that the policy has changed for the class of people I've described at Jomtien. 

On 7/28/2019 at 4:56 PM, jackdd said:

Just submit a TM30 now and for the date when you arrived just put the date when you submit it or the day before.

If they ask you where you stayed before (probably they don't care and don't ask) just tell them "i stayed with a friend / girlfriend in [any other province than chonburi]", they won't start looking for this person.

Like this you should not be fined.

Send it by registrated mail with a sufficiend postage stamp return envelope for the receipt. Do copies of all to have evidende and send it out via the postoffice. You not urged to go in Person. The tm30 is a 2 paper for. The 2nd paper is the complete listing of the foreign people live in your condo. Also give evidenve that you are the person in duty to file the tm30. 

• 1 month later...

OK, I'm still confused about this.

My specific situation is of a condo owner (foreigner not company) that lives in my condo that has NEVER filed a TM30 and up till now never a problem with that.

I went to Jomtien and got very confusing conflicting info so I'm still not sure if it's in my interest to enter the system or not before my next extension.

But I understand that the online thing is working better, so here are my questions.

For the online thing, would it best to download the app on my mobile? I've got android.

So for an owner living in their own condo what are the minimum required DOCUMENTS they need scanned?

My info from the office was that to do in person they would accept only a blue book and no need for a chanote or sales contract.

Is that the same for the application registration?

Where is there a list of the required documents for online registration? 

Edited by Jingthing

23 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

OK, I'm still confused about this.

My specific situation is of a condo owner (foreigner not company) that lives in my condo that has NEVER filed a TM30 and up till now never a problem with that.

I went to Jomtien and got very confusing conflicting info so I'm still not sure if it's in my interest to enter the system or not before my next extension.

But I understand that the online thing is working better, so here are my questions.

For the online thing, would it best to download the app on my mobile? I've got android.

So for an owner living in their own condo what are the minimum required DOCUMENTS they need scanned?

My info from the office was that to do in person they would accept only a blue book and no need for a chanote or sales contract.

Is that the same for the application registration?

Where is there a list of the required documents for online registration? 

As the owner you have the chanote,right? That together with the info-page in your passport should do it. You need those downloaded to your phone if you're using the TM30 app. There are several choices of type of applicant,in my case I choosed possessor because I rent my condo and the contract is in my name. For every choice there will be a list of required uploaded documents. Only fill in the fields with an *

Nothing else, that's important.

There are no receipt to print out,so make a screenshot of the last page,and then print it out. 

One more thing, if you did your last 1 year extension at Jomtien Immigration without any problem, then I don't think you will have any problem this time. But who knows? 

Edited by Max69xl

• 1 month later...

Here is a summary of my situation from my OP:

Condo owner.

Jomtien office. 

I have never filed a TM30.

Also it has never been asked for.

I have always included my phone bill showing address with my annual retirement extensions. 

Of course I do the 90 day address reports.

Update on this.

I decided to follow the path of least resistance and NOT file a TM30 before my latest extension.

However, I was ready to file it IF demanded to get the extension.

I'm a great believer in never handing in any documentation at immigration that you don't know is explicitly required.

But having it ready just in case it is demanded.

As I've never done a TM30 it seemed reasonable to feel that it probably wouldn't be required this time either, but there was more doubt than usual. 

So not one word about TM30 from the intake clerk desk that looks at your document package and not one word at the retirement desk.

Doesn't mean that your experience will be the same.

Future plans?

Return from a domestic trip -- I will not file a TM30. This I believe is that latest policy at Jomtien anyway.

Return from abroad -- I will not file a TM30 either!

I don't think that reflects current Jomtien policy so that will be a test of sorts.

Of course my plans might change if there are any major national announcements about the TM30 issue that seem to have been promised but so far crickets.

Edited by Jingthing