TM 30 Confusion and Paranoia -- Specific Advice Sought

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Update on this.

I decided to follow the path of least resistance and NOT file a TM30 before my latest extension.

However, I was ready to file it IF demanded to get the extension.

I'm a great believer in never handing in any documentation at immigration that you don't know is explicitly required.

But having it ready just in case it is demanded.

As I've never done a TM30 it seemed reasonable to feel that it probably wouldn't be required this time either, but there was more doubt than usual. 

So not one word about TM30 from the intake clerk desk that looks at your document package and not one word at the retirement desk.

Doesn't mean that your experience will be the same.

Future plans?

Return from a domestic trip -- I will not file a TM30. This I believe is that latest policy at Jomtien anyway.

Return from abroad -- I will not file a TM30 either!

I don't think that reflects current Jomtien policy so that will be a test of sorts.

Of course my plans might change if there are any major national announcements about the TM30 issue that seem to have been promised but so far crickets.

You don't have to show your documents at the front desk. The people at desk 8 looking through your papers hardly ever ask for the TM30. If you got the 1 year extension and your 90 days reports works,then keep doing it the way you've done it so far. The whole idea about the 90 days report is to verify that you're staying at the last reported address. So what's your last reported address? ???? 

8 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

You don't have to show your documents at the front desk. The people at desk 8 looking through your papers hardly ever ask for the TM30. If you got the 1 year extension and your 90 days reports works,then keep doing it the way you've done it so far. The whole idea about the 90 days report is to verify that you're staying at the last reported address. So what's your last reported address? ???? 

Well that's not been my exact experience. In my experience the front desk clerks ALWAYS look through my papers before giving me an application or queue number. I reckon blatantly incomplete applications get pushed back then. Such as having no income or bank information. Whether they ever push back retirement applications for no TM30 there, I don't know. I think there have been reports like that but not certain. 

7 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Well that's not been my exact experience. In my experience the front desk clerks ALWAYS look through my papers before giving me an application or queue number. I reckon blatantly incomplete applications get pushed back then. Such as having no income or bank information. Whether they ever push back retirement applications for no TM30 there, I don't know. I think there have been reports like that but not certain. 

I live in Jomtien since many years,and I just ask for a number for desk 8,and I get one. No one ever ask to see my documents,and I don't need any help. Maybe it's about body language,I don't know. 

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I will add another big reason I didn't do the TM30 this time is the feeling that if I started, I would then be in the system perhaps creating an expectation that I keep doing them. Best case is to never do them, right? 

Do it when you have to. It's simple as that. Maybe the TM30 <deleted> will go away soon anyway. Don't worry about it.