work permit

Yes, you can. There are school superiours and Immigration officers who are not informed and believe that you have to have a NON- B when working at a school, for example.

You're in a very good position.

Many schools these days hire foreigners as trainers or teacher's assistant. Going that way, the school and you bypass the TCT, or in Thai Khurusapha. 

The significant and very positive part of having a Non-O is, should the employment end, your visa/extension of stay is still valid, and you're good to go.

Some employers know that and try to tell you to convert to a Non-B, just say no.

Edited by Isaanbiker
  • Like 2

I am legally married to a Thai woman who has her own shop and does not employ anyone else. I am on a "O" visa with an extension based on marriage. My question is would I be able to get a work permit so that I can be in the shop with my wife.

Edited by Russell17au

23 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

I am legally married to a Thai woman who has her own shop and does not employ anyone else. I am on a "O" visa with an extension based on marriage. My question is would I be able to get a work permit so that I can be in the shop with my wife.

Basically no since she has no employees and it is not a registered company or partnership with at least 1 million baht of registered capital.

13 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

The significant and very positive part of having a Non-O is, should the employment end, your visa/extension of stay is still valid, and you're good to go.

Some employers know that and try to tell you to convert to a Non-B, just say no

Agreed - actually I've worked for half dozen schools. They've all processed the O even if it was their first.

But this guy wants to sit around a shop with his wife.

ubonjoe

my situation is much the same as Russell we built a shop and with stock fixtures and fittings cost about 2 million baht , it is not registered or a partnership but my wife pays a tax every 6 months  her family help some of the month and get paid for their work . if I cannot get a work permit can I help her from time to time or is this a no . if no is there any I can help sometimes and stay within the law 

thanks in advance

2 hours ago, arthur john said:

ubonjoe

my situation is much the same as Russell we built a shop and with stock fixtures and fittings cost about 2 million baht , it is not registered or a partnership but my wife pays a tax every 6 months  her family help some of the month and get paid for their work . if I cannot get a work permit can I help her from time to time or is this a no . if no is there any I can help sometimes and stay within the law 

thanks in advance

Its a no from me.....Simon? In reality it depends on where you are. I don't think many Thai people in the sticks know anything about Immigration Law or labour law. If their are a lot of foreigners be vey careful as they seem to be the people who will report you as perverse and sad as that sounds.

Edited by emptypockets

2 hours ago, arthur john said:

ubonjoe

thanks in advance

No.

You won’t get formal permission to help out and without that you risk being fined or possibly worse.