Samsung phone repair question. Have I been jipped

Kenny202

Got a Samsung J7 Pro. Not an expensive phone but I have been delighted with it since I bought it. I couldn't justify the

extra 20K baht for a Note etc.

I briefly dropped it in water the other day. It seemed ok so I stupidly left it on and little by little started getting problems

until it packed it in altogether, with brief flashes on the screen. Took it to one repairer quoted 3000 baht without even really

looking at it and I sensed he was going to have a lend of me. Took it to another guy and he said 600 baht to repair. I asked

him if he was sure and he said he was certain, he even tested it. A few hours and a phone call saying it would be 900 baht as

they actually wanted to use genuine parts. No problem. Next day another call 2500 baht. At that stage I just wanted my phone

back and I agreed. Another couple of days of lies and finally got my phone back tonight. 

Firstly everything, memory, messages, apps etc just how it was. For 2500 I am guessing would be for a new screen, main board etc.

If they really did do all this work would I still have all my stuff, or is there a chip that holds all this info plugs into the new board?

Other thing is the display is nowhere near as bright / contrasted as the old screen. My wife has the same phone and it's like night and

day. I mean it's ok and useable but if I was paying for genuine parts its what I would expect to get.

Anyone know a bit about phones have an opinion? Is this price about right and what about the screen resolution?

Yeah will do that in the future. First he offered my wife a new replacement phone. Very expensive he said. A quick google search revealed it was a 2000 baht piece of crap. Ended up the guy said he'd give me my original phone and the money for repair back. Knew that wouldn't happen. Next day when we picked it up he had a nice new looking phone the same as mine to give me. He told me it was my original phone, but they had to factory reset haha. I don't know where he got the phone from but it wasn't mine. Even had someone else's apps on it lol. They did such a bad job on mine glueing the screen back on with glue run everywhere and there would be no way you would ever be able to repair or open it again. My 3yo child could tell better lies than most here. Anyway, replacement phone I got appears to be like new and had most of my stuff backed up so apart from all the stress alls well that ends well. One thing backing up to Samsung cloud didn't do was back up my pics. Don't know what?  

Yeah will do that in the future. First he offered my wife a new replacement phone. Very expensive he said. A quick google search revealed it was a 2000 baht piece of crap. Ended up the guy said he'd give me my original phone and the money for repair back. Knew that wouldn't happen. Next day when we picked it up he had a nice new looking phone the same as mine to give me. He told me it was my original phone, but they had to factory reset haha. I don't know where he got the phone from but it wasn't mine. Even had someone else's apps on it lol. They did such a bad job on mine glueing the screen back on with glue run everywhere and there would be no way you would ever be able to repair or open it again. My 3yo child could tell better lies than most here. Anyway, replacement phone I got appears to be like new and had most of my stuff backed up so apart from all the stress alls well that ends well. One thing backing up to Samsung cloud didn't do was back up my pics. Don't know what?  
In Samsung repair centers they have a very big and no doubt expensive sophisticated machine just for replacing the screen. It heats up the whole phone and uses a special kind of adhesive. when the job is done there is absolutely no trace that anything was replaced it looks completely brand new. There is no way that a little repair shop has the same facilities as Samsung.

For Samsung repairs I would only go to Samsung. I once had a similiar phone repaired a t a little shop. When the next update came out the screen was incompatible and packed it it. Got it repaired and updated at Samsung and for 2.2k works perfect again. Waiting time 1.5 hours.

I dont think you have been had as such, just a half repair by an untrained chang.

• 1 month later...

If you still have your data then they you still have the same mainboard, they would have just cleaned it with alcohol

Sounds like they just replaced the screen with a cheap Chinese copy tbh and that's why it looks <deleted> compared next to an original one

Archived