Has anyone done the TM30 at Udon Thani Immigration?

kwonitoy

I spent last week helping my landlord getting me registered on the website and did so successfully.

So now I'm wondering if I should go to Immigration in Udon Thani to also register?

I'll be doing a border run early Sept and am contemplating doing the report after I reenter the country

Anyone done the TM 30 here and what is the response from the IO's? 

I did years ago, that was while getting a 1 year extension, though I submitted the form, the Immigration officer didn't want to be bothered and told me that I could wait until my 90 report to submit the form. I don't think it is high on their list of priorities but things change all the time. Best to check with them.

One would think that submitting online affects the same database as submitting in person and in that case submitting a second time would be redundant.

I did the TM 30 three weeks ago at Udon Thani Immigration. Went there together with my Thai wife who is of course the landlord of our house. She filled in the TM 30 application form (print-outs are available next to the entrance of Immigration). Went to the '90-day reports counter' (as there is no separate TM 30 counter). Submitted signed hard copies of my wife's blue house book, my wife's Thai ID, my yellow house book, my 'Thai ID' (the pink one for foreigners), my TM 6 card (departure card), the data page of my passport and my visa for Thailand. After about 5 minutes I and my wife received a so-called 'receipt of notification'. That's it. The IO told me to keep the receipt attached to my passport - just in case I get checked. Excellent service at Udon Thani Immigration - as always.

18 minutes ago, Araiwa said:

I did the TM 30 three weeks ago at Udon Thani Immigration. Went there together with my Thai wife who is of course the landlord of our house. She filled in the TM 30 application form (print-outs are available next to the entrance of Immigration). Went to the '90-day reports counter' (as there is no separate TM 30 counter). Submitted signed hard copies of my wife's blue house book, my wife's Thai ID, my yellow house book, my 'Thai ID' (the pink one for foreigners), my TM 6 card (departure card), the data page of my passport and my visa for Thailand. After about 5 minutes I and my wife received a so-called 'receipt of notification'. That's it. The IO told me to keep the receipt attached to my passport - just in case I get checked. Excellent service at Udon Thani Immigration - as always.

couldn't agree more

Yes. my lordlord told me she will register me this time, never before. She gave me a copy of the lease, her id card and tabien baan. Went to Udon immigration

and got a TM30. Got back to home province they stamped me back in.

2 hours ago, Araiwa said:

Excellent service at Udon Thani Immigration - as always.

Agreed! I have never filled in any form at Udon in the past six years, they fill them in and I sign them, spend less than an hour a year in their offices in a year, that included 90 day reports and extensions - so far it's been painless, hopefully it stays that way. ???? 

Got my TM 30 done today after 3 attempts, very nitpicky.

But no mention of being later than 24 hours after arrival. I'm about 2 months into a 3 month stint. Said excuse me, I'm sorry and that worked

Was asked why my landlords blue book was wrong, beats me, I don't read thai.

Phoned the landlord and he had to send his original house purchase documents, 11 pages worth.

Everyone was quite nice and apologetic, and I kept smiling so it went well.

And its something I will need for my retirement visa so all's well that ends well

MY 90 day is not due yet but I thought I would check it out so I had all the paperwork for the day.So I went to my local office(Udon Thani) and asked them what I would need.I saw the head man and he spent time with me as there was no-one else in there.He virtually laughed at me as I have not been out of Thailand for yrs and have a house and wife(She was with me) for the last 12 yrs. OK so it doesn't affect me?????

When I asked in Udon after doing mine, 

If I leave Thailand and come back to the same address no need to report, its already on file

I had no fine either, they seem pretty casual about it all, quite happy I took the time to come in and do it.

• 4 weeks later...

My wife tried twice to submit TM30 filled out form applications after two trips from returning abroad this year and she was told that it is not needed and only if we move permanently to a new address.

Because of all this confusion from different Immigration Offices my wife applied to do the TM30 online and now we have successfully registered both last trips after returning from abroad using the TM30 Application on my Galaxy Tablet. I have taken a screenshot of the successful TM30 registrations and I have it with me at all times just in case.

I used to submit a TM30 each time I came back to Thailand at Udonthani Immigration until a few months ago they told me I’m already in the computer so no need to do again unless I change address. I stopped registering for a while then this month after coming back into Thailand I thought with all the focus on this reporting I went and submitted a TM30. They didn’t mention I’m already registered and I intend to keep registering but via the section 38 app going forward.

One thing with Udon is they nearly always ask me to file a TM28 along with my TM30. I don’t know if others are asked for this ? I try to explain every time it’s not required but they always insist. I always have the 2 TM28/30 forms pre filled electronically so never really an issue. But it just shows they don’t understand they own laws. Besides that Udon Thani Immigration is always quick, and friendly service.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Archived