Thai livestock trader held for ransom of 5 million baht in Laos

webfact

Thai livestock trader held for ransom of 5 million baht in Laos

8pm1.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

The daughter of a Thai livestock trader in Chiang Rai went to the police in Thailand after her father was abducted on a trip to neighboring Laos. 

A message came on his Line account demanding a ransom of 5 million baht saying: "Tell the cops and you're dead". 

8pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

There was a picture and video apparently showing that he had been shot in the left leg. A gun was pointing to his head.

Singkaew Wongyai, 45, is the president of a livestock exporters' association. 

Police said that he went to Laos at 10 am on Sunday and was abducted by 3 pm when his daughter Rosarin went to report the matter. 

The ransom was demanded to be paid to an account in the name of Ananchai Sae-hong at Kasikorn Bank.

Later reports from Thai Rath said that Singkaew's fate remained uncertain.

He is thought to be involved in a financial dispute over a debt with his captors. 

The abduction took place in the area of Laos known as Ton Pheung across from Chiang Saen in the Golden Triangle area of the north of Thailand. 

Sources: Thai Rath | Thai Rath

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-07-29

1 hour ago, webfact said:

The daughter of a Thai livestock trader in Chiang Rai went to the police in Thailand after her father was abducted on a trip to neighboring Laos.

Hmm, there has to be some irony in the fact someone involved in livestock trading was abducted.

27 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

Looks like someone has a beef about something ???? Or maybe the story is load of old bull

Someone could be telling a tale or perhaps they are taking the bull by the horns and not mincing words, but if it is a ransom the steaks could be high!

12 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

OK I can take a good ribbing

Eye, me too but don't want to chuck in too many as might get flanked by the likes of you cheeky folk!

Think I'll hoof it out of here now as think I've milked this enough without an udder post!

21 minutes ago, xylophone said:

Someone could be telling a tale or perhaps they are taking the bull by the horns and not mincing words, but if it is a ransom the steaks could be high!

Or somebody is telling porky pies and they been chopped down

4 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Oh dear... and the first thing that happens is the news is released to the media that the Police have been contacted...

Quite possible she doesn't care about daddy and is ready for her inheritance.

27 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

OK I'll run hell for leather and thats the end for me

Glad you did otherwise I'll tan your hide, and anyway this could get "offal" so best a truce called as I think we have creamed it now.

Getting into a nice bottle of red now so signing off.......enjoyed the repartee geoff.

Archived