Things come in threes.

colinneil

16 hours ago, colinneil said:

Well mate normally i do the cooking, but due to having a busy morning fixing things, no time.

Also we all know what Thais are like regarding som tam, nothing but nothing must interfere with that.

I made myself a great BIG bacon butty.

Ha, it seems to me that you did all those repairs by yourself that your wife just thought making your own lunch would be a whiz. ????

18 hours ago, colinneil said:

Well mate normally i do the cooking, but due to having a busy morning fixing things, no time.

Ah .....fixing things . Are we making a cross for our own backs. 

I seem to be doing this a lot , not only for us but the extended family. 

If you go to a typical Isaan house on stilts you will often see piles of discarded ' stuff ' for whom there was no fixer. Bicycles , gas cookers , old tv's. etc etc. If they looked after them a bit more ( the esoteric art of cleaning ) a lot of this could be avoided.

I sometimes ponder that on my demise everything will quickly go the way of nature and that if my spirit revisits our home 5 years after I kick the galamang , then I dread to think what it will look like. Paint peeling off the walls , uncleaned windows , a garden like the Amazon jungle ....etc etc.

So .......why do we do it. Well its because it keeps us off the streets and gives us something to do other than social networking , the curse of the vacuous.

21 hours ago, colinneil said:

meanwhile madam is sitting stuffing her face with som tam, wheres my lunch, i not make anything for you, you do yourself.

Ouch, reminds me of my 1st wife, I walked in the front door at 8pm after a long day at the office, the smell of her cooking was everywhere, and I was starving.

I didn't see her anywhere so I went into the kitchen and opened the pot on the stove and saw it empty, although knew it was used to cook in as there was traces of little bits and pieces stuck on its side, oh ok I thought, she must have put it in the oven for me, opened that and nothing, hmmm try the fridge I said to myself, nothing, hmmm...the freezer, nothing.........., she then came into the kitchen in her towel as she was in the shower when I got home, where is dinner I said, well, I don't know about you she said, I have eaten and walked off.

Now you know why she is my x, my current wife loves the kitchen and I don't need to ask her what's for lunch or breakfast, she must hear my stomach rumbling as she walks in with food to die for, I am as fortunate as a pig rolling in mud, who will one day produce some awesome bacon ????

I dare say you might want to watch the weight mate.

8 hours ago, Denim said:

Ah .....fixing things . Are we making a cross for our own backs. 

I seem to be doing this a lot , not only for us but the extended family. 

If you go to a typical Isaan house on stilts you will often see piles of discarded ' stuff ' for whom there was no fixer. Bicycles , gas cookers , old tv's. etc etc. If they looked after them a bit more ( the esoteric art of cleaning ) a lot of this could be avoided.

I sometimes ponder that on my demise everything will quickly go the way of nature and that if my spirit revisits our home 5 years after I kick the galamang , then I dread to think what it will look like. Paint peeling off the walls , uncleaned windows , a garden like the Amazon jungle ....etc etc.

So .......why do we do it. Well its because it keeps us off the streets and gives us something to do other than social networking , the curse of the vacuous.

Before I got married (the first time!) a mate said to me "If your wife ever asks you to do the washing up, always break one of the best pieces of crockery - preferably a gift from the mother in law - you won't get asked again!"

(Note: I didn't stay married long that time!)

Archived