Language teacher stabbed to death in Pattaya

webfact

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Just Weird said:

And none of those were one of the dozens of daily knife killings that a poster that I responded to claimed!  To quote your own derogatory words, many possible reasons: Low intelligence, poor upbringing, lousy education.

again, not you or the guy you responded to mentioned anything about knife killings, he could easily have ment that murders similar to this one happens dozens time a day, and it is stupid to comment saying thais are all those stuff,  good people is in the majority in every country.  

On 7/30/2019 at 4:12 AM, andre47 said:

Why Thai people so often loose control?

R.I.P.

They dont when compared to other people around the world. Two crazed massacres yesterday in USA. Over the pond in the UK as massive 45 thousand knife offences including 85 murders in London. You are incorrect. Sounds like Thai bashing to me.

On 8/1/2019 at 11:14 PM, balo said:

I think this happens more in Thailand than other countries , loss of face is a big thing here. 

And the massacres yesterday in the USA? And 85 murders this year in London? 45 thousand knife related crimes across the UK already this year. Violent crime does not happen more in Thailand.

On 7/31/2019 at 2:48 AM, rumak said:

People here constantly referring to "they"..... should do a little research before posting condemnations of (Thai) behavior .   It is not difficult to find that jealousy and envy are worldwide causes of murder .  

I  see that Just Weird made a similar post to this one.  At least a few on here take the effort to think

about what is a "Thai problem"  or in fact a universal one.

Its problem common to most societies but out of ignorance or vindictiveness The Thai bashers come out in force on this form when  such stories are published.To put the situation in context one only has to look at other countries where knife crime and mass shootings are a common occurrence eg The USA, the UK, parts of the Caribbean etc.

1 hour ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

And the massacres yesterday in the USA? And 85 murders this year in London? 45 thousand knife related crimes across the UK already this year. Violent crime does not happen more in Thailand.

why are people always draging UK or London to every subject there is, everyone talks like london has a high murder rate, it does not.

''Violent crime does not happen more in Thailand'' if you compare the murder rates of UK and thailand, thailand is clearly more violent.

UK got around 700 murders yearly, and thailand latest figure in 2016 was 3,000+ with gun counted only. but thai stats is not reliable, i found stats for each region of the country, all had the same number of crimes in every region exactly the same.

and thailand got an similar murder rate to USA, but USA mass shootings are off the sky high, highest in the world

you got no clue about what is going on in thailand, if you cant read thai ofc, not even 10% of murders and such ends up on english speaking thai news, so how on earth would you know if thailand is violent or not? you just assume.

1 hour ago, ta158 said:

UK got around 700 murders yearly, and thailand latest figure in 2016 was 3,000+ with gun counted only. but thai stats is not reliable, i found stats for each region of the country, all had the same number of crimes in every region exactly the same.

And about the same population as the UK,  the numbers speaks for itself, it just happens more in Thailand. Again loss of face etc. 

5 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

Figures don't seem to match your comments. 

• 1 month later...

If you go to Malaysia or Singapore and ask the Malaysian Chinese or the Singaporean Chinese if it is alright to shout at the Thais or pick a fight with them, they will say, "Oh, no, you don't do that, the Thais will kill you or they will ambush you later in the night when you going back to your hotel, or they get their friends to do the job".

They also know the laws in Thailand is usually in favor of the local Thai people not foreigners, whatever foreigners, farang or non-farangs.

On 7/30/2019 at 6:33 PM, hotchilli said:

In breeding....

You mean 1st cousins marry 1st cousins or Niece marry uncle?

No, I don't see much in breeding in Thailand, happen more in Malaysia, Pakistan.....how much I don't know.

In breeding shows your life is really a game of numbers. When you marry your 1st cousin you put too much number of the same together so it comes up more often, those are not good numbers- mongoloid, physical handicap, etc.,

On 7/30/2019 at 4:12 AM, andre47 said:

Why Thai people so often loose control?

R.I.P.

very sad and unnecessary, but nothing to do with being thai, people lose control in every country, an extreme example being 334 mass shootings in america so far this year.

On 8/5/2019 at 3:10 AM, ta158 said:

why are people always draging UK or London to every subject there is, everyone talks like london has a high murder rate, it does not.

''Violent crime does not happen more in Thailand'' if you compare the murder rates of UK and thailand, thailand is clearly more violent.

and thailand got an similar murder rate to USA, but USA mass shootings are off the sky high, highest in the world

you got no clue about what is going on in thailand, if you cant read thai ofc, not even 10% of murders and such ends up on english speaking thai news, so how on earth would you know if thailand is violent or not? you just assume.

Yes, you are right, I dont' think there are more violence in UK. Well, you need to get the population figure when you compare. UK population is about the same as Thailand is that right? About 62 to 65 million if I am not wrong.

The only country I felt completely at ease is Japan when I was living there for a year. I looked at them Japanese I don't think they know how to throw a punch ( I am talking about people walking on the street). They looked so soft .

On 7/30/2019 at 12:57 PM, Just Weird said:

Happens a dozen times a day in LOS".

No, it doesn't.

Yes it does... They very rarely make the national headlines though. 

There's always something being talked about at the local gossip shacks, generally not good things !!

2 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:
On 7/30/2019 at 11:57 AM, Just Weird said:

Happens a dozen times a day in LOS".

No, it doesn't.

Yes it does... They very rarely make the national headlines though. 

There's always something being talked about at the local gossip shacks, generally not good things !!

The incident described in the OP does not happen "a dozen times a day in LOS" as quoted!

"Yes it does... They very rarely make the national headlines though". 

How would you know that if, as you say, they're not reported?  Do you have a hotline to a source of unreported murders in Thailand that the media doesn't?

7 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

How would you know that if, as you say, they're not reported?  Do you have a hotline to a source of unreported murders in Thailand that the media doesn't?

I said they don't make National headlines. I didn't say they are not reported.

Do I have a hotline ? In a way yes, I keep my eyes and ears open... 

The facts are undeniable, even if you want to paint Thailand Rosy red..

It's violent, life is cheap, the roads are carnage and corruption is rife.

I love it here though ????

Last month I read about a Thai man who got caught cheating on his Thai Wife,

This led to a Fight with the wife's family.

So he then Kills his wife and her family, in order to save Face.

My Opinion is that this "save face" mentality is the major problem.

Think about it, If you believe you are "Perfect", you can not allow anything to Break the Delusion.

Even if your actions cut off your nose in spite of your Face.

This "face" mentality is the same thing that drives the "Show" with Big Gold, Cars, Watches,

and Many Girl friends hanging off the arms.

Other than that I find Thais to be a Kind and Loving People, which is why I have a Thai Family.

1 hour ago, fhickson said:

lets see how you look pushing 50. that guy is not that out of shape for his age.

I take it you are over 50 and have a tyre.

For the record, I am 59 and weigh 76kg, previous to this weight, I weighed 92.5kg and had a tyre around my waist, it's called heart attack material for those who don't exercise, "up to him", don't be so sensitive ???? 

Archived