Immigration fine house owner in Chiang Mai for not reporting visiting Canadian

webfact

10 minutes ago, Titan1962 said:

So many conflicting answers.

While renewing my retirement visa at CM immigration,my Thai wife asked the question regarding reporting my whereabouts.

We own our home in CM,and this is the address I permanently reside at. If we decide to go on a road trip and will be away for 6 weeks does she Being the house owner need to report to CM immigration that I am back at my permanent place of residence when the trip is finished. The answer she got was no,only if I leave the country. Upon my return she must report me as being back at our home with24 hrs.

She also asked the question regarding my son coming to visit us for a 2 week holiday,she was told that she had to report him within 24 hrs of arriving at our home.

Maybe others have been informed otherwise.

This is indeed creating a mega confusion among the expats, thanks to the Thai immigration ????

When we return to Thailand from a trip abroad ( meaning outside this mad house ) They already check us in with the TM6 form,  do we also have to comply with this TM 30 nonsense to confirm the home address ( even though we do it for the 90 days report ?!

What you quoted was.. 

The answer she got was no, only if I leave the country. Upon my return she must report me as being back at our home with24 hrs.

I’m still confused ???? Please help me to better understand ????

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, ThomasThBKK said:
2 hours ago, Alotoftravel said:

If a friend visit me as a tourist for 2 days , do I have to report my friend who is only here for 2 days before heading to the next Asian country . I own my own condo and I usually report myself but I am not sure of my tourist friend , thanks for your replies 

In theory, yes.

In practice, keep your friend hidden in the freezer.

4 hours ago, SammyT said:

To be fair, while I agree it's idiotic, it's not like that Thai Immigration haven't widely publicised this (stupid) rule is going to be enforced. Landlords who are renting to farang should know these rules. I've had no issues with my landlords doing it to-date. It sounds like it's the ones who don't want to pay tax who don't do it. 

Also, the 24 hour thing seems very subjective and dependant on which officer you get. Recently came back into the country but didn't get in to immigration for a few days and there was no issue at all. In and out in five minutes. 

I have a question. Once i return to TL and report to the immigration office-what documents do I need to bring to the Immigration office?

1 hour ago, Maestro said:

I shall also appreciate getting this type of receipt, ie for the late submission of the TM.30 , from any other member for any amount from any immigration office so that I may add it to my reference album.

This one from jomtien last year

0B0C9036-D8A1-40C8-B35D-D7495E59090E.jpeg

56 minutes ago, Ramdas said:

This is indeed creating a mega confusion among the expats, thanks to the Thai immigration ????

When we return to Thailand from a trip abroad ( meaning outside this mad house ) They already check us in with the TM6 form,  do we also have to comply with this TM 30 nonsense to confirm the home address ( even though we do it for the 90 days report ?!

What you quoted was.. 

The answer she got was no, only if I leave the country. Upon my return she must report me as being back at our home with24 hrs.

I’m still confused ???? Please help me to better understand ????

Well from our understanding as long as I don’t leave Thailand,I can travel around stay at different provinces return to our home in CM and she doesn’t need to report me as being back at my permanent address. 

Say I need to go visit my son in Australia,I leave Thailand for 2 weeks,then return back to Chiang Mai. She then needs to report me as being back and staying at our home.( House in her name).

That covers us as per answer given by CM immigration.

The issue we have is regarding visiting her mom,if we go for a three day visit,her mother by all rights should report me as being at her home. The issue is she can’t read or write,doesn’t have internet,lives in a small village.

I think if you have met all the requirements and been granted a 12 month visa,you should be able to travel freely.Only need to report in if your permanent address changes.

Getting a headache now,ouzo time.

5 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

To make sure the IOs can keep their jobs. Why would they care about rationality anyway, when it would mean giving service to falang.

The application of these measures increases the IO workload. I doubt they support it. Their jobs have never been under threat anyway. As for not wanting to serve 'farang' : that is just delusional as many long term expats such as Indians, Iranians, Arabs etc are clearly not 'farang' yet the recent changes apply to them as well.

2 hours ago, buanmeerugsaa said:

“time consuming bureaucracy”?

Look at the size of the fines!

TM 30 has become a cash cow!

Don’t expect it to be given up easily. 

How so? It does not cost anything to use a TM 30 but just creates loads of work for the IO. They dont get paid more nor do they get a cut of the fine.

4 hours ago, silverhawk_usa said:

My niece came to visit for 3 days from her home overseas.  While waiting in the line for Immigration at CNX, she sent me a text asking my address for her TM6.  With due diligence and rushing to comply with Immigration, I found I accidentally transposed some numbers in my address.  My bad.  So sorry.

Im sorry but I dont understand any aspect of this post. Its a non sequitur with no ending. 

6 hours ago, keith101 said:

So how does this 24hr work if you go stay somewhere late Friday with imm closed over the weekend and you leave early Monday morning does that mean no report needs to be done ? 

No.. they will expect the home owner to be at the office early Monday morning or show evidence of a failed on-line attempt !

Living in Chiang Mai in Wifes house,

Visiting Chiang Mai Immigration about TM30 report.. the officer told us,

that when I come back from abroad, I or her, with my passport and her Blue Book, have to do an "Update" TM30 within 24h if its a new adress I will stay in, or within 72h if I go back to the old adress (our house).

No need for TM30 update when coming back from a trip within the country.

If we get visitors from abroad they have to be reported within 24h by my wife.

We got the App for the Android Smartphone some days ago and tried to register. The app failed always, saying that here is an error...hope they fix this issue.

7 hours ago, Genmai said:

Except when it's your disabled 75 year old father in law because you refuse to drag him halfway across town to an IO. You realize this has severe implications for how we as foreigners are treated, right? They keep this up and nobody will want to have us stay for a night anywhere. Not worth the risk and hassle!

online reporting is avail 

7 hours ago, worgeordie said:

In Chiang Mai,it would have been at least a 1600 THB fine,

nice little earner,they seem more strict than other Immigration

offices,where fines are 800 THB, or they say they don't need 

to do at all,according to some posters,

regards worgeordie

3,000 Baht for me today at CW. 

2 hours ago, Titan1962 said:

Well from our understanding as long as I don’t leave Thailand,I can travel around stay at different provinces return to our home in CM and she doesn’t need to report me as being back at my permanent address. 

Say I need to go visit my son in Australia,I leave Thailand for 2 weeks,then return back to Chiang Mai. She then needs to report me as being back and staying at our home.( House in her name).

That covers us as per answer given by CM immigration.

The issue we have is regarding visiting her mom,if we go for a three day visit,her mother by all rights should report me as being at her home. The issue is she can’t read or write,doesn’t have internet,lives in a small village.

I think if you have met all the requirements and been granted a 12 month visa,you should be able to travel freely.Only need to report in if your permanent address changes.

Getting a headache now,ouzo time.

Thank you Sir Titan..????

I have already a flight booked out of this mess in December, I will be out of the country for 2 weeks, my question is.. To your knowledge..Does my Employer ( I reside where we live and work under the same roof ) Needs to notify the immigration  ( meaning doing this TM 30 form ) When I’m back ?!’

Yes/No ?! ????

This apart from filling in the TM 6 on arrival ?!

Thank you in advance ???? much appreciated.

5 hours ago, paulbrow said:

It's been over 4 weeks now since submitting all required documents online to register the house so TM-30 can start to be submitted, and still no response from Immigration other than the immediate email verification. How can we obey the "Law" when Immigration fails to do their part? I'll give them a couple more weeks to not respond and then I'll make the dreaded in person trip to the office with paperwork in hand....

I argued this today at CW and even showed then a print out of my email verification reply from them. Didn't work, pay fine. They also said that registration doesn't work online for first timers and must come in person and pay fine?  

4 hours ago, Maestro said:

I have not yet seen a receipt for a fine for the late submission of the TM.30 in Chiang Mai and would be grateful if you kindly posted a copy of your receipt for THB 1600.

I shall also appreciate getting this type of receipt, ie for the late submission of the TM.30 , from any other member for any amount from any immigration office so that I may add it to my reference album.

Hey, I just noticed too I didn't get a receipt for the 3,000 baht I handed over to them. Just a receipt of notification. At CW. 

Maybe that's what they meant by fast track to jump the Que. 

8 minutes ago, RBOP said:

Hey, I just noticed too I didn't get a receipt for the 3,000 baht I handed over to them. Just a receipt of notification. At CW. 

Maybe that's what they meant by fast track to jump the Que. 

The standard rate should be 800B at CW so I guess you paid 2,200 extra for jumping queue. normal process is fill in the form, pass it to the counter near the entrance and then proceed to a small room on the left to pay fine and collect receipt. 

8 minutes ago, shady86 said:

The standard rate should be 800B at CW so I guess you paid 2,200 extra for jumping queue. normal process is fill in the form, pass it to the counter near the entrance and then proceed to a small room on the left to pay fine and collect receipt. 

Fined for not reporting myself and 2 family (3 persons total). I'm the owner. 

Hmm, that small room too the left is for 90 day reporting and the TM30 is in front to the right of that room. Maybe they moved things around since you were there. 

Fined for not reporting myself and 2 family (3 persons total). I'm the owner. 
Hmm, that small room too the left is for 90 day reporting and the TM30 is in front to the right of that room. Maybe they moved things around since you were there. 
Yeah, I still not getting the idea of reporting to them that you are staying at place you owned...

9 hours ago, SammyT said:

Chiang Mai immigration is open over the weekend to do these sorts of things now. However, I've done it a week or so late without any hassles. 

Open Saturday and Sundays... Interesting they really want that cash

I have an idea...

TM30 is total nonsense and the way to make it go away is for it to become a burden on immigration administrators...

I call for all foreigners to send in a new TM30 form every single week and see how they handle that mountain of paperwork...

Defeat nonsense with even bigger nonsense,

HAHAHA ????

4 minutes ago, TheHangingJudge said:

I’m somewhat confused which is not unusual.If I leave home to stay with relatives in another province for a few days why would I tell immigration.

What they don’t know don’t hurt them.

confusion is an additional bonus for them, they like to keep us all dazed and confused so we are less likely to pester them with annoying questions and western democratic ideologies

Archived