BANGKOK 19 August 2019 08:16
webfact

Immigration fine house owner in Chiang Mai for not reporting visiting Canadian

10 minutes ago, Titan1962 said:

So many conflicting answers.

While renewing my retirement visa at CM immigration,my Thai wife asked the question regarding reporting my whereabouts.

We own our home in CM,and this is the address I permanently reside at. If we decide to go on a road trip and will be away for 6 weeks does she Being the house owner need to report to CM immigration that I am back at my permanent place of residence when the trip is finished. The answer she got was no,only if I leave the country. Upon my return she must report me as being back at our home with24 hrs.

She also asked the question regarding my son coming to visit us for a 2 week holiday,she was told that she had to report him within 24 hrs of arriving at our home.

Maybe others have been informed otherwise.

This is indeed creating a mega confusion among the expats, thanks to the Thai immigration 😓

When we return to Thailand from a trip abroad ( meaning outside this mad house ) They already check us in with the TM6 form,  do we also have to comply with this TM 30 nonsense to confirm the home address ( even though we do it for the 90 days report ?!

What you quoted was.. 

The answer she got was no, only if I leave the country. Upon my return she must report me as being back at our home with24 hrs.

I’m still confused 😭 Please help me to better understand 🙏

I was told I needed to do a report after spending 1 night in a hotel ( to drunk to drive ) in my own province

4 hours ago, SammyT said:

To be fair, while I agree it's idiotic, it's not like that Thai Immigration haven't widely publicised this (stupid) rule is going to be enforced. Landlords who are renting to farang should know these rules. I've had no issues with my landlords doing it to-date. It sounds like it's the ones who don't want to pay tax who don't do it. 

Also, the 24 hour thing seems very subjective and dependant on which officer you get. Recently came back into the country but didn't get in to immigration for a few days and there was no issue at all. In and out in five minutes. 

I have a question. Once i return to TL and report to the immigration office-what documents do I need to bring to the Immigration office?

1 hour ago, Maestro said:

I shall also appreciate getting this type of receipt, ie for the late submission of the TM.30 , from any other member for any amount from any immigration office so that I may add it to my reference album.

This one from jomtien last year

0B0C9036-D8A1-40C8-B35D-D7495E59090E.jpeg

5 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

To make sure the IOs can keep their jobs. Why would they care about rationality anyway, when it would mean giving service to falang.

The application of these measures increases the IO workload. I doubt they support it. Their jobs have never been under threat anyway. As for not wanting to serve 'farang' : that is just delusional as many long term expats such as Indians, Iranians, Arabs etc are clearly not 'farang' yet the recent changes apply to them as well.

2 hours ago, buanmeerugsaa said:

“time consuming bureaucracy”?

Look at the size of the fines!

TM 30 has become a cash cow!

Don’t expect it to be given up easily. 

How so? It does not cost anything to use a TM 30 but just creates loads of work for the IO. They dont get paid more nor do they get a cut of the fine.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, silverhawk_usa said:

My niece came to visit for 3 days from her home overseas.  While waiting in the line for Immigration at CNX, she sent me a text asking my address for her TM6.  With due diligence and rushing to comply with Immigration, I found I accidentally transposed some numbers in my address.  My bad.  So sorry.

Im sorry but I dont understand any aspect of this post. Its a non sequitur with no ending. 

3 hours ago, Aachen said:

You have ALWAYS to report! Even when traveling inside Thailand!

Nope. Hotels report you. You dont need to report.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

And they are not even capable of having a proper online reporting....anything is good enough to harass the pesky farangs ?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, keith101 said:

So how does this 24hr work if you go stay somewhere late Friday with imm closed over the weekend and you leave early Monday morning does that mean no report needs to be done ? 

No.. they will expect the home owner to be at the office early Monday morning or show evidence of a failed on-line attempt !

More laws = more fines = more jobs for the locals.

This is how jobs are created in Thailand.

• Sad 1