retirement que times at CM immigration

Rama

It is all over the board, no meaningful statistics, function of day of visit, time of visit, agent assist, nearby holidays and dumb luck. 15 minutes to 6 hours.

Are you new here?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

1 hour ago, Bill97 said:

It is all over the board, no meaningful statistics, function of day of visit, time of visit, agent assist, nearby holidays and dumb luck. 15 minutes to 6 hours.

Are you new here?

Actually, was a good question. I've only used Promenada in the past, and with an agent. Sounds like, without anyone having analyzed reported facts at today's new Immigration, that we have no suggested "best window." So, guess I'll go with "Best Friends" again this year to, hopefully, reduce the turbulence. At least that should preclude a "6 hour" disaster, and worth a few thousand baht.

12 minutes ago, amexpat said:

Went in last month on a Wednesday at 1:15. Retirement renewed and out before 2 PM. 

No way an agent could have helped. 

I think I will move to CM. Just spent 6 hours in CW. 

Late May extension in C/M..In queue less than 10 min wait to see IO..5 minutes later had to wait another 5 min for wife to return from Big C with updated bankbook.  5 minutes later was out the door.  Easier this year than last and cheaper in that I didn't have to have an embassy letter concerning my finances!

been here for a very long time. used agents the last few years to avoid the insane queing. doing myself this year. went to ask some questions yesterday, noticed not much backup for a day after a holiday. went again today to get a form I forgot to get yesterday, looked inside, noticed only 2 people in the 'right (or ripe) age' group for retirement.  

Chiang Mai INM. OFF.

Just renove my extension visa;

11’00am.- Bangkok Bank to take the letter of my incomes and update  passbook.

12’00pm Inmigration Office.

After wait 5 minutes, they stamp one year extension.

12’15pm. They stamp the report 90 days.

12’30pm. Come back home.

Easy!.

2 hours ago, amexpat said:

Went in last month on a Wednesday at 1:15. Retirement renewed and out before 2 PM. 

my agent fills out all forms and drove me to and from took care of photos and out in 10 minutes.. they even call me to come  in for 90 day..  i like that kind of help. 

2 hours ago, amexpat said:

Me too. Very similar experience. Efficient, friendly service. No complaints.

32 minutes ago, kenk24 said:

my agent fills out all forms and drove me to and from took care of photos and out in 10 minutes.. they even call me to come  in for 90 day..  i like that kind of help. 

all the forms?  And the calendar on my computer reminds me to log in and do the 90 day reports. 

Then I spend a few thousand on wine and other forms of entertainment. That kind of helps my mood. 

18 hours ago, Presnock said:

had to wait another 5 min for wife to return from Big C with updated bankbook.

So, they want the passbook to be updated sameday? And do they want a photocopy of that updated page of your passbook? If so, I guess you had to photocopy it at Immigration....

Same for me in April. Arrived around 8.15, queue No. 4.   No 3 was already at the counter being processed. Waited about 10-15 minutes as No 3 was having some issues. Spent 5 minutes with IO and passport stamped.  Unfortunately the day I was there Big Jokes replacement was inspecting the office and all the supervisors were following him around like lost sheep, cowtowing to his every demand. Had to wait around 1 1/4 hours before passport was signed off and returned, but apart from the brown nosing going on service was far more efficient than I ever experienced at Promenada. 

9 hours ago, JimGant said:

So, they want the passbook to be updated sameday? And do they want a photocopy of that updated page of your passbook?  

Depends on the type of account.  If, for example, you keep your funds in regular savings account, many/most of the officers want to see the passbook updated (along with a signed photocopy) the same day you apply for the extension; however, if the funds are in a term account, then a signed copy of that passbook is all that's required.  For some term bank accounts (e.g., the ones I've had from Siam Commercial Bank for years), those passbooks cannot be updated no matter who sticks the passbook in the update machine.

(to avoid confusion, I'm talking about people obtaining extensions based on keeping 800k in a Thai bank account....and, of course, the bank letter verifying the funds is also required)

Did my retirement extension today using the monthly foreign transaction method. Arrived at 10 am and received my queue number, and after four minutes was called to the desk. Twelve minutes later all completed, and then waited forty-five minutes for the signature and return of my passport. All in all a much more pleasant experience than any of my prior extensions.

On 7/31/2019 at 5:01 PM, kenk24 said:

There's only 1 form,and call you to come to there office to do 90 day,

do it online yourself,or just post it,but if you really need someone to 

hold your hand,so be it,Chiang Mai immigration is just getting itself

sorted out, no need to be there at 4.00 in the morning,and still find

agent sitters in front of  you,I only hope it does not return to what it

was, due to the influence of agents.

regards worgeordie

On 7/31/2019 at 5:01 PM, kenk24 said:

And you sure are paying for it. 

11 hours ago, worgeordie said:

There's only 1 form,and call you to come to there office to do 90 day,

do it online yourself,or just post it,but if you really need someone to 

hold your hand,so be it,Chiang Mai immigration is just getting itself

sorted out, no need to be there at 4.00 in the morning,and still find

agent sitters in front of  you,I only hope it does not return to what it

was, due to the influence of agents.

regards worgeordie

yes only 1 form for 90 days but they fill all forms for retirement extension... it is a luxury to never think about visa issues... 

sometimes a songthaew is ok other times vip limo is nice. 

On 7/31/2019 at 10:01 AM, kenk24 said:

What forms are you talking about? It's only one form and it's called TM7. If you know your name and address, it should be simple to fill yourself.

Archived