retirement que times at CM immigration

Rama

5 hours ago, Vacuum said:

What forms are you talking about? It's only one form and it's called TM7. If you know your name and address, it should be simple to fill yourself.

no idea what forms.. they provide all paperwork for my retirement visa, multiple entry, 90 day... whatever needs to be copied, photos provided and submitted... that is the beauty for me of the service.. I don't have to know or care about any of the details... 

Yes. I have done it myself for near 20 years but now that i live in an area where there is an agent who takes care of everything... for me, no reason why not... 

seems enough people here complain about the filings that it might make sense to some... 

23 minutes ago, kenk24 said:

Yes. I have done it myself for near 20 years but now that i live in an area where there is an agent who takes care of everything... for me, no reason why not... 

Indeed. And now that so many of us here are at the juncture: Did we save too much for retirement (thus forgoing many pleasures in our youth)? Why not go overboard at this age, particularly if you ease (or potentially ease) a situation. Why should that worthless nephew inherit these over savings....

But, never mention you only fly business class at this stage in life; or that you monthly go to Duke's for a 1200 baht American steak. The reaction will be predictable -- never sure if the poster is a pauper, or is of Scottish descent.... But who cares at this age.

Common sense generally applies.

Like Bill97 has indicated, times to complete the process can vary, but it is reasonable to avoid days around holidays, to avoid Mondays and Fridays, and to go in the afternoon rather than in the morning. Most other variables, such as VIP tours and the availability of a senior officer to sign off on desk work, can’t really be anticipated.

Nor can you anticipate a particular desk officer’s preferences, especially to judge from some ThaiVisa comments or complaints, but I’ve never had a problem. Remember that an officer can ask for extra documentation from time to time. That rule hasn’t changed! Your dress, general appearance and attitude, certainly good manners, might have some effect. At least I have wondered about that considering the appearance and behavior of some expats over the years when I’ve been in the office and from reading many remarks posted on ThaiVisa.

I expect that with increased enforcement of financial requirements that some processing might take longer, especially for those really cutting it close or trying to “optimize” the calendar holding times, if not oblivious, to the new enforcement procedures.
I’d say my extensions over the years probably average about two hours including wait time. Agent use, if you want to buy it, would lessen wait time.

No agent? Take your phone or a book, or people watch. Lately, I was amused (?) by a phalanx of hand-to-hand combat “students,” all in black school tee shirts under the careful supervision of their school administrator pulling the current education visa con. Anyway, You might be amused or horrified at what you see. Or bored!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Archived