ToT Bill Lost ,Again!

doctormann

Nor sure if this is the right forum as the subject is also Pattaya-related.  Mods, please move if appropriate.

So, my ToT bill has gone astray again.  Not sure if this is a ToT cock-up or a postie problem.  Not the first time it has happened but I suspect that it is the postie as we seem lose mail quite often.

Anyway, the non-existent bill needs to be paid.  I normally do this at 7-11 but there is a cut-off date for this, which is fast approaching.  I could go down to the office on Pattaya Klang and pay there - they can do it from the previous month's bill - but this is a right PITA.  Is it possible to pay this month's non-existent bill at 7-11 or Tesco Express by taking along the bill from last month?

Alternatively, should i just ignore it - and hope that i don't get disconnected - and just pay next month, assuming that the bill arrives!

I give my postman a 500 THB tip every New year,and

I have never lost my mail,he even leaves any parcel

next door or with the security guard,when I am not 

home,saves a long trip to the Post office.

You will have to go to the TOT office to pay the bill,

7-11 can do nothing, or you could take a chance and

just wait for next bill,like you said if it comes !

regards Worgeordie

1 hour ago, doctormann said:

Yes, I could pay online using a banking app but don't I need a bill to be able to do this?  

If you sign up for the eService you'll get an email with your bill.

Once a bill is available you can go online to the website and toggle the bill to pay and pay from within the website, it takes you to your bank online login (if your bank is listed - my bank Krungsri is).

Alternatively you can print the bill out and take it to the 7-Eleven.

7 minutes ago, Stocky said:

If you sign up for the eService you'll get an email with your bill.

Once a bill is available you can go online to the website and toggle the bill to pay and pay from within the website, it takes you to your bank online login (if your bank is listed - my bank Krungsri is).

Alternatively you can print the bill out and take it to the 7-Eleven.

Thanks.  Sounds as though that is the way to go.  I'll see if I can set it up.

It could well be TOT, my bill always arrives a week or two late. I know when I have to pay also pay 3 months in advance so I only have to do a few times a year.

TOT have now reduced their costs regarding internet. 600 something bht a month for 100mb down from 800+. If you aren't paying the new price just ask at their office and they will then charge you the new price. I'm buggered till September as that's when mine runs out.

18 hours ago, doctormann said:

Yes, I could pay online using a banking app but don't I need a bill to be able to do this?  

"ToT easy life" is a smartphone app that allows to check and pay the bill.

I recently moved away from ToT so I can't remember or reproduce all details.

Internet banking is the option that I had used.

But I am quite sure that you could also use to pay at 7/11 and the like (generating QR or bar code on the phone?).

It also shows the register eBill option.

• 2 weeks later...

Our TOT bills went missing for 4 months in a row earlier this year. Our local office insisted that they had gone out so we complained at our local Post Office. Surprise surprise the lady behind us in the queue was also there to complain about her TOT bills going missing.

There was a tacit admission that there was a 'problem' with our particular postman from the guy in charge and 2 days later we received our latest TOT bill from a brand new PostLady along with 2 of the latest first day cover stamp sheets issued by the Post Office by way of an apology.

If you haven't already done so I'd recommend having a word at your local Post Office to at least make them aware there maybe an issue with the delivery of mail in your area.

10 hours ago, edwinchester said:

Our TOT bills went missing for 4 months in a row earlier this year. Our local office insisted that they had gone out so we complained at our local Post Office. Surprise surprise the lady behind us in the queue was also there to complain about her TOT bills going missing.

There was a tacit admission that there was a 'problem' with our particular postman from the guy in charge and 2 days later we received our latest TOT bill from a brand new PostLady along with 2 of the latest first day cover stamp sheets issued by the Post Office by way of an apology.

If you haven't already done so I'd recommend having a word at your local Post Office to at least make them aware there maybe an issue with the delivery of mail in your area.

Things seem to be getting worse as not only have ToT bills been going missing but we have had no mail delivery at all now for three weeks.  Almost certainly a problem with the local post office or the postie.

I complained to Thailand Post by email <[email protected]> but they seem unable to help without a tracking number which, of course, normal mail does not have.  Not a lot of use really.

I'm now at the point where I really shall have to go to the actual post office, the only problem being that we have no less than four of them in our area and I don't know which one actually handles my mail.  I'll start with the most likely one and take it from there. 

Same here , no mail of any description for 3 months. Went to the local post office and they told us to ring our postman to find out . We told them that that is their job not ours.

In the end TOT blamed the post office and the post office said TOT bills are not arriving at our post office.

We had a scenario a few years ago , back end of March , postie bought a stack of mail , some dating back from December the previous year . Bank letters from the UK etc.

Post office said it was a new postie . and that was that.

33 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

When no bill to be found I just go to AIS tell them my number and pay the amount. The same can be done with TOT.

Yes, this can be done with ToT - in fact, I had to do it last month as no bill had arrived.  PITA having to go into the office though and, of course, this doesn't solve the general deliver failure problem!

50 minutes ago, NE1 said:

Same here , no mail of any description for 3 months. Went to the local post office and they told us to ring our postman to find out . We told them that that is their job not ours.

In the end TOT blamed the post office and the post office said TOT bills are not arriving at our post office.

We had a scenario a few years ago , back end of March , postie bought a stack of mail , some dating back from December the previous year . Bank letters from the UK etc.

Post office said it was a new postie . and that was that.

I think that we have a postie problem - either on holiday or has quit and not been replaced or is just too lazy to do his job.  I don't think that this is specifically a ToT problem as we have received no mail whatsoever.  Neighbours are also complaining.

I pay TOT with a standing order on my Krung Thai account. My payment comes off on the 7th of the month like clockwork, and the paper copy comes a few days later.

As a bonus KTB also sends me an SMS showing the payment and my new balance.

1 hour ago, doctormann said:

Things seem to be getting worse as not only have ToT bills been going missing but we have had no mail delivery at all now for three weeks.  Almost certainly a problem with the local post office or the postie.

I complained to Thailand Post by email <[email protected]> but they seem unable to help without a tracking number which, of course, normal mail does not have.  Not a lot of use really.

I'm now at the point where I really shall have to go to the actual post office, the only problem being that we have no less than four of them in our area and I don't know which one actually handles my mail.  I'll start with the most likely one and take it from there. 

Get a PO Box, it will be easier and better as you bypass the postman. 500baht a yr  for the box.

Archived