Things to do on a budget!!

gomeswichal

Hi guys. I'm looking for a more expert opinion. People who have travelled on a budget in Thailand and sort of creating an itinerary of things to do in each city. So far, my itinerary looks like this: 11-13 October - Bangkok, 13-15 October - Chiang Mai, 15-18 October - Pattaya, 18-20 October - Bangkok. I have paid all my flights from BKK to Chiang Mai to Pattaya and back to BKK and all the hotels. My budget for the whole trip (spending money) is £1000. What would you recommend I would do in each city, what good attractions are there to see considering I stay 2 days in each city. I'd like to explore a little bit, I know I am sort of rushed, but this is how I can do it. Would you please be so kind to explain some things to me? I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks in advance travellers!

The way I see it you are not going to be in any place long enough to do anything. By the time you get into your hotel and unpack it'll be time to repack and leave.

You might get away with your 1000Uk but if the Brexit goes T/ts up you might be struggling. At present it's 36 to the pound could go down a lot lower. You have also picked the most expensive places to go. Tip try and eat Thai and keep out of bars. Prices here now are more than the UK. Best of luck.

Your budget dont bother coming. Cheap things to do...... Massage no special, make love boy/girl friend, swim in sea, hire scooter to look around, walk shopping mall, see movie, chiang mai scooter up highest mountain, scioter temple in hill, scooter city of temples. Bkk, icon siam, mbk area, kings palace, lay down bhudda next door, take water taxi. 

unknown factor, is whether you are a bagger? or a singlie?

costs for sponsoring Goo-chi and Lao-wii Vooton imitation bags, in every location you visit...

reserves to pay off unforseen tea money incidents

From the limited information you provide.

Things for free:

Beach, sea, swim, temples, historical sights, walks/hikes, HIV /AIDS.

Things that are cheap:

Hire a bicycle, beer from 7/11, eat from food stalls, condoms.

Things that cost a little more.

Hire a motor bike (licence required), beer during happy hours, ferry trips, massage, lube oil.

Things that cost a lot more:

Eating in restaurants, organised day trips, beer at night, bar fines.

Most of your stops in your itinerary look like 24 hours in each destination with 48 hours in Pattaya bacause of your start/finish/start dates.. A wasted trip IMO.. Why not just a return ticket and going with the flow either south, east or north??

You are trying to squeeze in too much in 7 days + your Thai arrival and departure days.. 

Good luck with your trip and you may need another short holiday back in the UK to recoup after.. 

And definitely ensure you have a good travel insurance policy.. Don't be a cheap Charlie here.. You get what you pay for.. 

So if I'm reading the itinerary correctly your here for about 10 days; that's about Thb 3,500 / day. I think you can get to see stuff, have a reasonable time on that including a few drinks. Would suggest you eat local food or some of the cheaper end foreign food restaurants, ( or street food can be very good), or even the food halls in the big malls are very good. Public transport if you go with the masses , busses , MRT, Sky rail etc ( Baht busses in Pattaya for example are very good deal)- Generally fixed routes but very cheap.

If you want to see some local temples , they are generally very welcoming and open to all (just observe the protocols etc), the local markets are also good for a wander around, particularly in BKK if you go to the water market(s).

Getting a Thai massage somewhere is also relatively low cost.

If you don't ride a motorbike at home wouldn't recommend hiring one here. Can be dangerous and reasonable chance you'll get scammed, and or stopped by the police. Ask in the hotels you are staying at what the local attractions are.

Maybe pick a couple of things that you think you would really enjoy and have a couple of frugal days to fund them. With such a short time in each location I'd have a daily plan so as not to mess around planning your day all morning.

Hope you enjoy your trip...... P.S. contrary to some of the comments if you stick with local beer and food it is not as expensive as the UK. If you want Draught Guinness or similar then its about the same price.

Bkk NANA at night

Royal palace

Use Chao praya river taxi

Patpong but just for atmosphere

Find a barstool and watch the other farang negotiate

Pattaya

Walking street

Beach road

The lookout spot on the mountain

If you have the funds Tiffany is a good time

Just leave as soon as it is over

i think your money will last, but you are spending your holiday on traveling, rushing from one flight to the next, with taxis in between.

if you got the sun screen for it, a couple of days on the beach on some island is nice, your skin can not survive more.

in this case, i think you could actually benefit from renting some gal you get along with, you havnt got a clue about anything

and would really benefit from some company/guide mix.

i would suggest cancel everything if you can get your money back, hit south pattaya beach and get talking with the freelancers, maybe someone is in your liking and

get an salary agreement for going to koh samet for a couple of days, she can show you some stuff in pattaya in the mean time,

teach you about the baht buses and so on

On 7/31/2019 at 7:53 AM, gomeswichal said:

So far, my itinerary looks like this: 11-13 October - Bangkok, 13-15 October - Chiang Mai, 15-18 October - Pattaya, 18-20 October - Bangkok.

Seems like you have

• 12th October, 1 full day Bangkok
  • 14th October, 1 full day Chiang Mai
  • 16th and 17th October, 2 full days Pattaya, and 4 available nights
  • 19th October, 1 full day Bangkok

The other days you are

• 11th October, arrival and immigration, and transfer to downtown, depending of arrival time your might one have both afternoon and evening available.
  • 13th October, transfer to airport and check in, flight, arrival and transfer to Chiang Mai.
  • 15th October, transfer to airport and check in, flight, arrival and transfer to Pattaya, night seem available.
  • 18th October, transfer from Pattaya to Bangkok, evening available.
  • 20th October, when are you leaving? If it's a night-flight leaving just efter midnight 19th October, you have a limited 19th October in Bangkok, otherwise your 20th October might be transfer and check-in, and immigration.

I.e. you have five full days to explore Thailand, and it seems like Pattaya is valued high.

What are your interests, or expectations?

That would help with recommendations for your £1,000 (around 35,000 baht) budget.

10 hours ago, helloagain said:

Your budget dont bother coming. Cheap things to do...... Massage no special, make love boy/girl friend, swim in sea, hire scooter to look around, walk shopping mall, see movie, chiang mai scooter up highest mountain, scioter temple in hill, scooter city of temples. Bkk, icon siam, mbk area, kings palace, lay down bhudda next door, take water taxi. 

And don't forget your motorbike licence.

On 8/1/2019 at 11:58 AM, kingstonkid said:

Bkk NANA at night

Royal palace

Use Chao praya river taxi

Patpong but just for atmosphere

Find a barstool and watch the other farang negotiate

Pattaya

Walking street

Beach road

The lookout spot on the mountain

If you have the funds Tiffany is a good time

Just leave as soon as it is over

What is Patpong like these days? I walk through it during the day to get to my favorite massage place on Wall Street.

Archived