My english father in law

Sarah123456

or maybe they felt they were doing their job of diagnosis and treatment..

What a weird reply.Anterian is guite correct . Hospitals are a Business , just the same as any other commercial enterprise .You track record is known to them, therefore offer their services to his financial standings. Free State Hospitals are a different criteria.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, alan grice said:

What a weird reply.Anterian is guite correct . Hospitals are a Business , just the same as any other commercial enterprise .You track record is known to them, therefore offer their services to his financial standings. Free State Hospitals are a different criteria.

There are no 'free state hospitals'. They all charge, some more some less for differing levels of comfort. A medical worker has a job to do, treatment. If the patient does not want the treatment due to cost or other reasons it is their decision, no one is forced to have any treatment. Many on this site grew up in a society where you over pay on your taxes and then get 'free' care, lol nothing is free and due to mismanagement a lot of these nanny state medical benefits systems are breaking down. I know many in Canada who want to see a two tier system, that if you have the money you get better/more timely treatment. No waiting 6 months for a MRI etc. I certainly like the options here in Thailand but if you expect a medical facility here to 'cut you a break' and charge you less because you are very ill, then you have no business seeing a doctor here and you should go back to your own country with its 8 hour waits in the emergency room or a 3 week delay to see your doctor. There seems to be some confusion in that medical care is based on some kind of charitable system, it's funny nobody seems to look at dentists the same way. Bottom line, it's a business and the workers jobs are to fix whats wrong, you don't want to pay to have it fixed? move on  

27 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

that if you have the money you get better/more timely treatment.

According to my father the actual treatment is the same In UK , same doctor just at a different hospital. There is no two tiered treatment. Just two tiered hospital and doctor/surgeon charges. He had his hip replaced privately as he said he was to old to wait 8 weeks.

The surgeon only works for NHS on so many days a week or month and the other days are his and free for him to work wherever and on whomever he wants.

Nothing wrong with that.

There are no 'free state hospitals'. They all charge, some more some less for differing levels of comfort. A medical worker has a job to do, treatment. If the patient does not want the treatment due to cost or other reasons it is their decision, no one is forced to have any treatment. Many on this site grew up in a society where you over pay on your taxes and then get 'free' care, lol nothing is free and due to mismanagement a lot of these nanny state medical benefits systems are breaking down. I know many in Canada who want to see a two tier system, that if you have the money you get better/more timely treatment. No waiting 6 months for a MRI etc. I certainly like the options here in Thailand but if you expect a medical facility here to 'cut you a break' and charge you less because you are very ill, then you have no business seeing a doctor here and you should go back to your own country with its 8 hour waits in the emergency room or a 3 week delay to see your doctor. There seems to be some confusion in that medical care is based on some kind of charitable system, it's funny nobody seems to look at dentists the same way. Bottom line, it's a business and the workers jobs are to fix whats wrong, you don't want to pay to have it fixed? move on  

Perhaps im wrong is he in a Thai Private or not. Im on the road so never study fine details , just scan.I just react to all posts as In Thailand .As with Car Prices hi in Thailand its irrelevant to me i live here not Ozzie or Canada

6 minutes ago, alan grice said:

Perhaps im wrong is he in a Thai Private or not. Im on the road so never study fine details , just scan.I just react to all posts as In Thailand .As with Car Prices hi in Thailand its irrelevant to me i live here not Ozzie or Canada

No, I believe you're right, hence the sticker shock the people had. I just don't believe the hospital was making up charges or trying to find conditions to just to get paid more.  My partial point was that you need to pay in a government hospital also (though cheaper and thus less comfortable). I also reside in Thailand and have for quite a while. 

Archived