Pattaya: Out of control Canadian swaps machete for jet ski rampage

webfact

Pattaya: Out of control Canadian swaps machete for jet ski rampage

1pm.jpg

Thai caption: Jetski farang chased and arrested

Harbor officials in Pattaya chased a foreign man annoying people in the bay on a jet ski yesterday. 

When he was eventually arrested it turned out to be a Canadian man. It was the same man who had threatened neighbors with a machete in a rooftop rampage in the middle of last month. 

William Alexander Baker, 45, was arrested at the Ocean Marina after a long chase in the sea. 

Chief of the tourist police in Pattaya Lt-Col Piyapong Ensarn had received a report of a man annoying others in Pattaya bay and at Bali Hai port. 

The harbor master officials chased him to Koh Larn where he continued to annoy swimmers riding his jet ski in a dangerous manner. 

On arrest his papers were found to be in order but he was told that his captain's licence was now withdrawn and any further infractions and he would be prosecuted. 

The tourist police and immigration handed him over to Na Jomtien police for prosecution on charges of a breach of the peace. 

Baker is the same man who was wielding a machete in a standoff with neighbors on a roof in Kasetsin Soi 2 on the weekend of July 13th/14th. 

On that occasion he had shouted: "I've chopped down bigger trees than you". 

That case is still being dealt with, reported Sanook.  

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-08-01

1563012032556.jpg.6f5bc2ac678b87fd811a82701189e73e.jpg
Picture: 77Kaoded

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, webfact said:

On arrest his papers were found to be in order but he was told that his captain's licence was now withdrawn and any further infractions and he would be prosecuted. 

And then deported .

18 minutes ago, webfact said:

Have I missed something obvious here - what has a captain's licence to do with riding a jet ski?

Some people will just always be an idiot and this fella seems to fall in that bracket.

If the good guys in and bad guys out thing is still operating, he should be shown the door, and have it closed so he can't come back.

I am very surprised he is still here after the machete wielding incident. And once again he seems to be getting off very lightly after annoying loads of people, acting dangerously around swimmers and refusing to stop for the harbour officials. With people like this it is probably only a matter of time before he goes mental again, at which point you can only hope they kick him out, so he can go piss people off back home.

36 minutes ago, webfact said:

Harbor officials in Pattaya chased a foreign man annoying people in the bay on a jet ski yesterday. 

I think all jet skiers should be arrested for annoying people. They are the worst idea since McDonalds claimed their salads were healthy.

5 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Why is he still allowed to stay here?

My theory... he's the poster boy being used by Thai Immigration to show that all foreigners are evil and cannot be trusted. Soon the entire populace of Thailand will be demanding that all foreigners be deported.

28 minutes ago, Olmate said:
33 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Have I missed something obvious here - what has a captain's licence to do with riding a jet ski?

Yes you have!

Would you care to share it with me, unless you were being facetious?

52 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

With a Captains licence you can carry a large knife. In the 1800’s it used to be a sword or cutlass! 

Are you following me so far?

8 minutes ago, ianezy0 said:

With a Captains licence you can carry a large knife. In the 1800’s it used to be a sword or cutlass! 

Are you following me so far?

I like your thinking! Only I can't imagine for a moment Sanook news has the same obscure sense of humour!

39 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Would you care to share it with me, unless you were being facetious?

Something to do with safe operation of a vessel or perhaps you figure he was  a captain with an airline. Facetious too big a word for me !

Archived