Video: American tourist in custody for criminal damage to cars in Chiang Mai

webfact

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Friend replaced the windshield for Mitsubushi pickup in Udon last year. 8,000 Baht fitted.

I've been surprised to ALWAYS find cheaper goods and labor, yet just as good work in Thailand.I do love the bargaining culture. It's not as easy to shop around and possibly save so much in western countries.

This man was foolish. Those commenting her are mean spirited and vicious. They present as the unloved and unwanted from the disintegrating west. Best they return to the hell holes they were driven from.

On 8/1/2019 at 12:04 PM, transam said:

The blokes a tool, probably thought he was back home.....Make him find the cash, I hope he don't like fish head soup....

The vid, looks like they are all having a laugh....????

He would be treated far more harshly in the US. He'd have to answer to the legal system. Jailed and also pay restitution.

These are the sorts of crimes that prosecutors stack up and use against perpetrators in many states - three strikes laws. After three crimes they receive a life sentence. Thought to be incorrigible and unredeemable. Life criminals and burden to society left running amok.

This man appears to have a rather nasty side to him. This is something we could expect from an out of control teenager but here we are. Adult?

if your not from the usa, you dont understand american blacks.

inner city blacks are very violent, gang activityvwith high murder rates and you can get <deleted> up walking down the street or looking at someone the wrong way.

thais and thai police have not been around this culture of violence and are not equipped to deal with this stuff. thailand is fairyland compared to living in some of these ghettos in the usa. the police carry assault rifles on patrol.

whomever reported this guy should consider themselves lucky their face is still attached and need to use a one way mirror during id.

its environment and not skin color though...

6 hours ago, fhickson said:

if your not from the usa, you dont understand american blacks.

inner city blacks are very violent, gang activityvwith high murder rates and you can get <deleted> up walking down the street or looking at someone the wrong way.

thais and thai police have not been around this culture of violence and are not equipped to deal with this stuff. thailand is fairyland compared to living in some of these ghettos in the usa. the police carry assault rifles on patrol.

whomever reported this guy should consider themselves lucky their face is still attached and need to use a one way mirror during id.

its environment and not skin color though...

He didn't come off at all violent or scary in the video. More like he's a fool and thought Thailand was a free and easy place that if you look past the surface it really ain't. A big mistake many tourists make.

I consider your above post unfairly stereotyping of all African Americans.

Also do we even know where this guy lives specifically in the U.S.?

It might be some scary place that you allude to and it might be some boring assed place in the suburbs. But you spouted off anyway, without knowing, right?

On 8/1/2019 at 11:34 AM, soalbundy said:

"dressed in white wearing a cap...." it didn't have the slogan 'Make America great again' on it I presume. 

Nope. The dude's black, just like another American in a companion thread who stole a motorcycle and computer. Hope that there's not a new trend for American blacks to supersede Nigerians as evildoers in Thailand........ I left the greater DC area 'cause of this problem.

Nope. The dude's black, just like another American in a companion thread who stole a motorcycle and computer. Hope that there's not a new trend for American blacks to supersede Nigerians as evildoers in Thailand........ I left the greater DC area 'cause of this problem.
Wow. It's interesting that people feel so emboldened to broadcast their racial bias in these times. Hmm.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

25 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Wow. It's interesting that people feel so emboldened to broadcast their racial bias in these times. Hmm.

Not hard to establish a racial bias when you've been mugged by a gang of black teenage thugs in Old Town Alexandria -- an upscale part of the greater DC area, in case you didn't know. But, when I meet a black gentleman, whose road was certainly more difficult to hoe than mine, he gets many extra kudos for his efforts from me. Sadly, however, stereotyping means he'll have to hear all those car doors locking as he walks down a street in the "safe" side of town. You can't fight human nature.

In any event, I hadn't read about any black Americans causing problems here in Chiang Mai -- in the 20 years, off and on, that I've been here. So, it was disconcerting to see two such articles so close together. Is word getting out in the inner city 'hoods that Thailand is easy pickings? Has the success, such as it is, experienced by the rotten element of Nigerians being advertised in these 'hoods?

For now, I'll just monitor it as two exceptions -- but keep my fingers crossed just in case.

Archived