Pongsiri Mitsatit feels a title shot is within reach after comeback win

webfact

Pongsiri Mitsatit feels a title shot is within reach after comeback win

By: James Goyder

Pongsiri-Mitsatit.jpg

Pongsiri Mitsatit is back to winning ways. The 23 year old snapped a two flight losing skid when he beat Robin Catalan at ONE: ‘Warriors of Light’.

Losing two fights in a row is something that most fighters will experience sooner or later. But they were the first two defeats of the Thai strawweight’s career and he had six months to dwell on the second loss.

Fortunately for Mitsatit he bounced back with a win that takes his record to 10-2 and confidence is flowing through his veins ahead of ONE: ‘Dawn of Heroes’.

Mitsatit feels he is back to his best after the win over Catalan, “After that win, I felt a lot more confident about my abilities. It got me excited about fighting again,” he said.

Title ambitions

The Thai, who faces Miao Li Tao in Manila on Friday night, is not short of confidence or ambition. The strawweight title keeps changing hands and he wants to get his on it.

“I’m definitely a lot more confident going into this fight, and I feel that I am getting closer to a title shot,” he said.

Tao is coming off a KO win over former champion Dejdamrong Sor Amnuaysirichoke. Mitsatit has seen that fight and knows what to expect from his Chinese opponent at ONE: ‘Dawn of Heroes’,

Full story: https://asianmma.com/pongsiri-mitsatit-feels-a-title-shot-is-within-reach-after-comeback-win/

-- ASIAN MMA 2019-08-01

Archived