2 things would be very helpful.

Captain 776

1. If they would allow you to do Retirement renewal and Multiple Entry all in one step.

2) It is only a matter of time before someone gets killed crossing the street to make copies.

When I was there 3 weeks ago saw 2 close calls, one was very close.

They should make accommodations for copying in parking lot or station a cop for crossing that busy street.

What do u think? 

Doing both processes at in one step escaped me while there, and only after leaving immigration did my friend mentioned the subject.

After getting back my updated passport for the retirement extension, was fortunate to have the intern copy the newly stamped page and made the it unnecessary to cross the street to get a copy.

Maybe she recognized a "hansum" farang...555.  

I generally go in the afternoon to renew my retirement visa. Less people and less frustrating. I pick my passport up the following day. At that time I can get a single or multiple entry visa done. Simple. If these are the biggest frustrations you have regarding renewal of your visa, you have a pretty good life. Enjoy it and don't sweat the small stuff.

19 hours ago, LivinLOS said:

Many people don't want the re entry permit and extra cost, and a re entry permit cannot be issued until after the extension is given, so it is quite logical that is one first the other second. 

True. I also learnt the hard way, one assumed you can buy a multi entry permit at any time, WRONG. Only at renewal; why? So dumb you cannot forsee what the next year will be regarding entry permits. Buying singles becomes expensive after 3rd trip.

i agree  with you.

They could have a One Stop Service if you have more that one process to accomplish. This was like that in Chiangmai before the computers era. About ten year ago it  was possible.  Everything usual could be done with the same officer. 

A lot of people cross the boulevard not only for photocopies but to have access the parking lot.

Te zebra crossing is not safe. It does not mean much for most drivers in Thailand. Flashing signs and light should be added. People going to the airport or the army base shortcut are all in a hurry.  Possibly having speed limit posted at 50 would be a great idea.

Even if you are an adult with all your attention it is difficult to cross  as the traffic is very heavy most of the day. For children and older people could be a challenge.

2 minutes ago, cnx355 said:

i agree  with you.

They could have a One Stop Service if you have more that one process to accomplish. This was like that in Chiangmai before the computers era. About ten year ago it  was possible.  Everything usual could be done with the same officer. 

A lot of people cross the boulevard not only for photocopies but to have access the parking lot.

Te zebra crossing is not safe. It does not mean much for most drivers in Thailand. Flashing signs and light should be added. People going to the airport or the army base shortcut are all in a hurry.  Possibly having speed limit posted at 50 would be a great idea.

Even if you are an adult with all your attention it is difficult to cross  as the traffic is very heavy most of the day. For children and older people could be a challenge.

and do you think drivers will/would take any notice of a 50km speed limit either painted on road or signs at side of the road??

I very much doubt it....

Very high speed humps would be better..with signs in Thai and English placed well prior to such speed humps......

Got my extension in April. Dropped off paperwork one day, picked it up the next with the extension and then dropped off the paperwork for re entry permit which took a further 20 minutes to obtain. This is at Jomtien where they seem pretty organised now.

4 hours ago, essox essox said:

and do you think drivers will/would take any notice of a 50km speed limit either painted on road or signs at side of the road??

I very much doubt it....

Very high speed humps would be better..with signs in Thai and English placed well prior to such speed humps......

Your last paragraph, there should never be speed bumps on any road, they slow down the emergency vehicles and cost lives.

7 hours ago, legend49 said:

True. I also learnt the hard way, one assumed you can buy a multi entry permit at any time, WRONG. Only at renewal; why? So dumb you cannot forsee what the next year will be regarding entry permits. Buying singles becomes expensive after 3rd trip.

What ?? I have bought singles and multis at times long after renewal.. 

I'd take the first suggestion further: One year extensions should come with an automatic, multiple re-entry permit. Always. Implicit. That it's something separate and optional that needs to be applied for makes no sense whatsoever to any sane and intelligent person.

17 hours ago, Andyfez said:

I'd like an app which tells you the current ticket numbers at Chaeng Wattana.

Then you could go off, and know when to return.

It would cut down on the crowds and queuing.

Twitter could be used if people would help provide input

As for the paper work copies. not having a printer at home, means either a visit to an internet shop (maybe 2 if they ask for more at immigration) or alternatively, i just give immigration all the docs and let them make the copies ...... just a small donation cuts the hassles. May or may not be allowed at your IO.

3 hours ago, rickudon said:

As for the paper work copies. not having a printer at home, means either a visit to an internet shop (maybe 2 if they ask for more at immigration) or alternatively, i just give immigration all the docs and let them make the copies ...... just a small donation cuts the hassles. May or may not be allowed at your IO.

The three I have been to are not making copies for you.

Archived