TM30 Online Android Application User Name & Password

31 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Does registering for a username and password involve uploading files, or does that come later? 

Not sure what you're asking here? One needs to register/apply, be approved, receive a one-time PW (username is often the building book ID#), change that, log in.

Registering/applying does require uploading docs: Person's ID and House ID

Yes, this is what I was asking and if they're strict on the documentation at the registration stage it seems to make using the app a non-starter.

Is there any way to proceed if these documents are unavailable, in a condo rental where the landlord is off site and has no wish to be involved in anything TM30 related? Can the tenant (acting as housemaster/ possessor) register to use the app with a rental contract only? This option does appear to be possible when applying in person. 

Ideally, a Thai "owner" would be advised to facilitate registration by providing his Thai ID and Blue Book. I would attempt to convince them of the benfits of registering (maintaining you as a tenant, staying legal with the authorities, continuing to rent to another foreigner, with you volunteering to manage the registration and reporting, until such time as you move out, giving them the usernam and PW).

Failing that, yes, you can register using your passport and rental contract. But do a search (keywords: TM30, condo, rental, lease, contract, register) here among the gazillion TM30 threads for experiences.

It might be easier to register on the web-site, after which you could use the app.

Without a username and PW, yes, the app is a non-starter.

For this app, a property (apartment building w/ multiple units, single condo, townhouse, detached house; as defined by a blue book or channote) is registered rather than a person. Then anyoe with the username and PW for that property can file TM30's for aliens staying in that specific property.

9 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

I would attempt to convince them of the benfits of registering ... staying legal with the authorities

IMO that's one of the issues; how many of the recalcitrant landlords are actually legal? Bet my bottom dollar there is a high percentage of landlords not paying tax (foreign owned in particular but also some Thai).

21 minutes ago, Salerno said:

IMO that's one of the issues; how many of the recalcitrant landlords are actually legal? Bet my bottom dollar there is a high percentage of landlords not paying tax (foreign owned in particular but also some Thai).

I think this is a minor issue, but have heard of some leases being re-written, into two separate documents, with one to cover "furnishings" and one to cover "rent", which I am led to believe is being done for income tax purposes. 

Haven't heard of any sort of link-up between RTP/Imm and Revenue Dept? After all, some have been providing copies of leases for extension renewals for decades.

I think this conjecture is bogus, other than the general deep-seated, suppressed resentment for authority here.

• 3 months later...

anyone have any advice since the ตม. โคราช has been unable/unwilling to help.   I am trying to apply online for TM 30, after inputting everything in and attaching necesarry documents.  It comes back saying our home (which is in the middle of the korat countryside in Sungnoen sitting on 30rai) is "already been registered.  It asks for a user or รหัสผู้ใช้.  when ive talked to korat immigration they say put in your this,  i explain that i dont have that the home has never been registered.  and if by some means it was what can be done.  so far, no answers what so ever.  

Any knowledge or advice on this issue ?