Honda X-ADV 300

jrbkk64

My  Thai pharmacist just purchased the 750 model recently. Not sure if through Big Wing or Grey market. Full auto plus switchable to sifting mode. Quite expensive I will have to ask him next time how much

On 8/5/2019 at 11:46 AM, jrbkk64 said:

I know about a 150cc coming but saw a Thai article somewhere suggesting a 300cc may be on the way too.

Yes - several reports in Thai language and in Japanese about the x adv 300 - a restyled Forza 300 chassis with wire wheels.  One report from last month mentions a pre production model at the Tokyo Motor show next month.

I think Sept seems unlikely myself, as there's photos of the 150, so it must be nearly ready for launch, but no photos of a real 300 yet?

Recent reports about the new motorcycle with the ADV family that previously had just launched coordinates 150 cc in Indonesia This latest report has reported that the new motorcycle Honda ADV 250 is likely to be launched at the Tokyo Motor Show 2019 during October this year.

Honda ADV 150
  • Sad 1

My pharmacist Buddy in CR that owns a Adv-X 750. Says while very comfortably, a bit of a boat . They system really uses up a lot of the power. I his words doesn't really feel like a 750. And at 420 K baht not really sure what market they were going for. But I could see the appeal for the 250 to a certain segment. But its bound to be pricey I'd wager

On 8/10/2019 at 9:26 AM, Randell said:

My pharmacist Buddy in CR that owns a Adv-X 750. Says while very comfortably, a bit of a boat . They system really uses up a lot of the power. I his words doesn't really feel like a 750. And at 420 K baht not really sure what market they were going for. But I could see the appeal for the 250 to a certain segment. But its bound to be pricey I'd wager

In Europe the price is 12.000 Eur, exactly same TH  420.000

But many people have technical problems with hot temperature, Honda changes a sensor..sometimes it s ok but not always

Great bike but chain transmission (not belt like a scooter) 

4 hours ago, eisfeld said:

I tried it, far from a great bike. Very heavy and the handling isn't even remotely balanced. At slow speeds it wants to fall over and at higher speeds it doesn't want to lean. Didn't have manual mode for some weird reason. Overpriced for what it is imho.

Have a manuel mode (normal or sport) for the transmission, same in Formula 1

And auto mode.

yes it s too heavy 238 kilo

4 hours ago, pbas400 said:

Have a manuel mode (normal or sport) for the transmission, same in Formula 1

And auto mode.

Hm I couldn't find the switch and didn't see the paddle shifters. Maybe they were not in the same place as my AT, I wasn't looking all too much for it to be honest. Anyways the handling sucks so the bike is a no-go for me.

The hypothetical 300 wouldn't have DCT anyways, will be CVT. I have not tried the newer Forza 300 but the old one also had the same boat like steering as the X-Adv.

4 hours ago, pbas400 said:

Not sure, Yamaha Tmax 530 is 500.000 THB for standard bike

Also totally crazy price. There is nothing in that bike that would justify such a price. I am not sure if they are locally made or imports but import duty from Japan is 0% nowerdays so I really can't find a justification for that stupidly high price tag.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, eisfeld said:

Also totally crazy price. There is nothing in that bike that would justify such a price. I am not sure if they are locally made or imports but import duty from Japan is 0% nowerdays so I really can't find a justification for that stupidly high price tag.

import from Japan

10 hours ago, eisfeld said:

Hm I couldn't find the switch and didn't see the paddle shifters. Maybe they were not in the same place as my AT, I wasn't looking all too much for it to be honest. Anyways the handling sucks so the bike is a no-go for me.

The hypothetical 300 wouldn't have DCT anyways, will be CVT. I have not tried the newer Forza 300 but the old one also had the same boat like steering as the X-Adv.

http://www.hondaprokevin.com/2018-honda-x-adv-motorcycle-review-specs-automatic-dct-bike-adventure-scooter

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Took a long test ride on the fully spec'd 150 the other day in Phuket (the 'offroad?' livery aboard) . Rode it for about 30 minutes. Not sure how some folks here say the handling and balance was poor because as an experienced manual and auto bike and scooter rider the balance was superb on the model I rode.

Throttle control silky smooth, very responsive for a 150cc engine in a good way (much more torque than the 150 Click, Forza and other bike scooters etc. lower down where acceleration is needed when moving out to pass and when a quick shot of speed is needed to get out of the way of bad drivers/riders.

ABS brakes superb. design and features superb for a bike under 7K AUD. Ride (suspension, seat, riding position)  excellent. Power an improvement on the Click 150 2019 /20 model which I own.

The completely new engine design gives a few more hp and newton metres of torque so a bit quicker. I put the bike over in corners to the point of beginning to slide in the rear wheel and it is way more stable, with far better feel for the point of losing traction and recovering it than any other scooter I have ridden!

Ridiculously easy to transition from a left to right hand bend without any exertion at all. A very balanced scooter in my opinion, the tyre configuration is pretty damn good I felt. 

I also rode it around in very confined spaces executing small radius turns at crawl walk speed and it sat perfectly upright the whole time (no way a comparison with the Click which while fairly stable for a narrow wheeled scooter is no match with the ADV. Heavier bike by some kilos but to be expected with more complex larger suspension etc.

For me the comparisons with Forzas and other 150cc to 300cc bikes is not relevant, not relevant in my opinion as this bike handles not at all like a scooter but is more of a hybrid between scooters and true, traditional road bikes.

I'd like to see a 300cc version but I haven't heard anything that I would describe as reliable about another model being delivered any time soon. Call me silly but I am considering buying one ????

• Like 1