Woven bamboo/plywood panels in CM?

cheeryble

Hi

I think i can buy woven bamboo mounted on thin ply, but I'd like to mount an 8x4 sheet on the kitchen wall to put hooks, rails, racks etc for kitchen stuff to hang,

This would be best if the ply backing (or blockboard/MDF or whatever) was reasonably thick to take screws i.e. 12-18mm plus or minus.

Is it possible to buy this product in CM?

I know Suksawad etc, just trying to let my fingers do the walking as this thicker product may not be easy to find (or impossible!)

If I cant get this I guess I'd do with fixing the thinner product to thicker ply/whatever.

In this case it would be good if the bamboo was already varnished.

Does it come like this?

Thanks 

depositphotos_56022319-stock-photo-the-original-woven-bamboo-texture.jpg.5ed699055571058e9b7024b418f0881b.jpg

11 minutes ago, cheeryble said:

Thought about using OSB board it comes pretreated and a bit glazed and can buy in CM 15mm
IMG_7675.JPG

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

are you sure that it is treated? Or have you just been told what you want to hear.

At 15mm i wouldn't be hanging anything heavy from a single mounting point.

No its not treated Cheeryble, the sheen is very likely the waterproof glue they have used to make it.

A word of warning though, be careful with this stramit board a lot of those chards of wood chips can catch your hands and leave you with splinters.

I think a 10mm mdf or ply with the bamboo sheet glued and screwed will provide a much nicer solution to your needs

Sometime woodworker and Eyecarcher:

I think u guys are right.
I took a leaflet from SUKSAWAD and one of the things on it was a water droplet with a stroke through it.
I automatically thought it meant water resistant.
Now I’m thinking it means do not get wet!

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

5 minutes ago, cheeryble said:

Sometime woodworker and Eyecarcher:

I think u guys are right.
I took a leaflet from SUKSAWAD and one of the things on it was a water droplet with a stroke through it.
I automatically thought it meant water resistant.
Now I’m thinking it means do not get wet.

You are correct. The glue isn't waterproof. As a product it ranges above chipboard which is above MDF and all of them are under regular plywood. If you want reasonable water resistance you need marine plywood and I don't know if you can get that anywhere other than Bangkok.

I've seen some black plywood
"Thanawoods" brand they use for concrete shuttering that seems to be quite waterproof...had some on my garden leanto roof for a couple of years...just started to go rotten with mystery mushroom growth.

1 hour ago, johng said:

"Thanawoods" brand they use for concrete shuttering that seems to be quite waterproof...had some on my garden leanto roof for a couple of years...just started to go rotten with mystery mushroom growth.

The plywood with the black painted surface is quite possibly somewhat waterproof, one point is that you should never use it in an enclosed area as the level of formaldehyde in its construction is high and it will off gas for a long time.

Thanks but this board is for inside the house to hang kitchen stuff on hood and rails.....has to look ok and might get a wee bit of water drips.
Varnish would do the job.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Archived