Phuket car tax ‘Drive Thru’ a revving success

snoop1130

Phuket car tax ‘Drive Thru’ a revving success

By Chutharat Plerin

1564658454_1-org.jpg

The ‘Drive Thru for Tax’ lane at the Phuket Land Transport Office (PLTO) is proving very popular in speeding up service. Photo: PLTO

PHUKET:-- The ‘Drive Thru for Tax’ at the Phuket Land Transport Office (PLTO) launched in late June has proved very popular, with about 100 road users using the service each day, PLTO Chief Banyat Kantha has announced.

The ‘Drive Thru’ service was launched to speed up the process of people renewing their annual car registrations.

The process takes less than two minutes, Chief Banyat explained.

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-car-tax-drive-thru-a-revving-success-72357.php#gSxU1sDRlPlIEEMq.97

Drive thru 90 days, residential address reporting and now Car Tax- progress is indeed being made. I saw one of these Drive-thru's in PKK last month and though what a great idea for Phuket as well. Clearly my brainwaves had an effect. To be fair even going inside was a painless experience depending on the queue. The LTO has always seemed keen to modernise. They even run a limited counter service during lunchtime.

Remember- evolution, NOT Revolution is the key to improved services here.

Cue countless posts from moaners who detest any form of progress.

2 hours ago, hansgruber said:

No wonder humans are getting fatter. 

Yes, it's very slimming walking into a waiting room and sitting there for hours.

My lady did my 90 day report at the immigration drive-through the other day, they asked her for a tax for providing the service. She declined.

13 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

Yes, it's very slimming walking into a waiting room and sitting there for hours.

My lady did my 90 day report at the immigration drive-through the other day, they asked her for a tax for providing the service. She declined.

I think these drive thru's are meant for people to go themselves. My agent told me he can not go there, has to go inside with longer waiting times and more required paperwork.

6 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Car tax drive thru an excellent service, quick and simple.

Did mine in Ayutthaya last November, 5 minutes at the most !!

What a great idea.

Did they ask you if you wanted fries with that! 

3 hours ago, Old Croc said:

I'm talking in general. Nevermind. 

8 hours ago, stevenl said:

I think these drive thru's are meant for people to go themselves. My agent told me he can not go there, has to go inside with longer waiting times and more required paperwork.

Talked to her again, I now believe they initially thought she was an agent.

40 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

Talked to her again, I now believe they initially thought she was an agent.

There you go.

I find this an excellent development, and it contradicts the often heard mantra 'they want you to use an agent'. 

1 hour ago, brommers said:

This is news? We have had an excellent drive through tax service in Chiang Mai for over a decade.

It's real news for Phuket as only started couple of months. I did not know when I taxed my car last month and went into the counter. Next year drive through. 

Archived